PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Overstock

idahogirl
12-12-2004, 05:49 PM
The first listing I did on Overstock went fine but now when I try to do a listing, there is no place for me to put shipping charges. It gives me the option of selecting what type of service and where I will ship to but can't figure out how to say how much to charge. I almost did a listing with free shipping when that it NOT what I wanted. Maybe I am being obtuse.... maybe it is obvious to everyone but me. :D :D

Thanks for your help.

Dee

laurali
12-12-2004, 06:29 PM
Hi Dee,

It's in the Pricing Information section in the far column:

Starting Price Make It Mine
Reserve Price Shipping fee

Laura

idahogirl
12-12-2004, 06:48 PM
Hi Dee,

It's in the Pricing Information section in the far column:

Starting Price Make It Mine
Reserve Price Shipping fee

Laura
Thanks Laura, it was right under my nose :D

Dee

TeAnne
12-12-2004, 07:33 PM
Good luck Dee :wink2: :clap:

pampe
12-12-2004, 08:45 PM
haed to find but worth it...I've sold everything I listed at O

:)

surreal
12-12-2004, 08:54 PM
The first listing I did on Overstock went fine but now when I try to do a listing, there is no place for me to put shipping charges. It gives me the option of selecting what type of service and where I will ship to but can't figure out how to say how much to charge. I almost did a listing with free shipping when that it NOT what I wanted. Maybe I am being obtuse.... maybe it is obvious to everyone but me. :D :D

Thanks for your help.

Dee

I have been placing shipping and insurance info into the auction listing.

surreal
12-12-2004, 08:54 PM

Nice tinyhead, Pam!

idahogirl
12-12-2004, 08:59 PM
I've only sold one painting there so far. Do you find that you receive better, worse or about the same prices as you would for similar works on Ebay? The low listing fees are pretty appealing.

Dee

laurali
12-12-2004, 09:32 PM
Congratulations :clap: :clap: :clap: I hardly sell anything on O. I was wondering if I should keep listing there.

Laura

surreal
12-12-2004, 09:35 PM
Congratulations :clap: :clap: :clap: I hardly sell anything on O. I was wondering if I should keep listing there.

Laura

I think you should continue to list there, Laura.
You have so little to lose, given the low listing prices; that is what I continue to tell myself.
:wink2:

Sales will improve there after mid. January, more than likely.

*Just looked into my crystal ball and found the above to be true*
:wink2:

surreal
12-12-2004, 09:40 PM
I've only sold one painting there so far. Do you find that you receive better, worse or about the same prices as you would for similar works on Ebay? The low listing fees are pretty appealing.

Dee

Hi Dee,
I have only had 3 buyers thus far but feel encouraged that in mid. Jan. that sales will pick up.

I have one buyer who is buying alot of my art at prices that are better, in general than my prices on $bay.

Please bear in mind, that this is a case of luck - pure and simple.
The right person saw my art, loves it and is buying alot of it; but this shall pass too!
LOL

The views on O seem to be as low as the views on $bay.
Tis just a reflection of the time of year.

laurali
12-12-2004, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the encouragement, Nina :cat: I debate on dropping out each week, and I haven't been listing as many as I did, but it's a good second venue and I may as well do something with the pieces that don't sell on eBay in between relisting. I have had several new eBay buyers recently who said they saw me on O first.

For prices, I was listing lower on O but then I realized there is so much crossover with the eBay buyers that I thought I should standardize.

I am in the process of lowering some of my auction prices (to do this, I have to drop the charity donation but eBay doesn't seem to be doing anything to promote the charity listings anymore and I can't afford to keep relisting them at the higher prices). I will leave all my store items with the charity donation but I will drop it on some of the auction listings. It's an experiment but I like to mix up my strategies a bit now & then. It keeps things livelier.

Laura

surreal
12-12-2004, 10:32 PM
...... I have had several new eBay buyers recently who said they saw me on O first.
That's terrific!!!
:D

For prices, I was listing lower on O but then I realized there is so much crossover with the eBay buyers that I thought I should standardize.
Laura
Good point!

wayfarer
12-12-2004, 10:53 PM
I'm finding lots of buyers from eBay--using the same ID. Most seem to be eBayers that have only a few sales, for whatever reason, and are going to Overstock.

Overstock doesn't seem to have a proxy bidding system. For good or bad, I am seeing more multiple bids on Overstock than eBay these days.

Chris

surreal
12-12-2004, 11:15 PM
I'm finding lots of buyers from eBay--using the same ID. Most seem to be eBayers that have only a few sales, for whatever reason, and are going to Overstock.

Overstock doesn't seem to have a proxy bidding system. For good or bad, I am seeing more multiple bids on Overstock than eBay these days.

Chris

Very interesting!
More multiple bids is always excellent!

I wish I could have used my ebay user id for overstock, but o's system doesn't deal with dots as in nk.art in a user id.

idahogirl
12-13-2004, 12:47 AM
Good luck Dee :wink2: :clap:
Thanks TeAnne...

Dee