PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun - "Guess the number of search hits"!

sandge
12-12-2004, 09:17 AM
All this week Ebay have been running a special promotion for the Artists Choice Awards (ACA) winners. There has been an Artists' Choice icon on the art portal page (see picture below). All we had to do was put ACA in our title or description to come up in the list someone clicks the icon. This promotion has been running since Monday, 6th and ends today.

At the time of writing, I have had 815 search results hits from 19 auctions. I put ACA in my titles when I started the auctions last Sunday.

So, an icon on the art portal page will bring up a list including my auctions. All you have to do is guess how many of those search results came from the term aca.

Notes:
It is a rotating icon, so does not appear every time. This morning, it has taken me an average of 7 refreshes to get it to show (based on getting it to show 10 times).

BryAli
12-12-2004, 11:04 AM
LOL, Sandy! This is a nice, fun little exercise! Detracts from the norm, which is sometimes important! :p

~Alishia

sandge
12-12-2004, 09:10 PM
Any more guesses ... or shall I tell you the answer? :D

surreal
12-12-2004, 09:27 PM
I guessed 50 or more.

Do tell us the answer!!!
:wink2:

I am waiting rather impatiently.

keely
12-12-2004, 09:31 PM
Hey Sandra,

I am wondering how you knew about this promotion... is there some place this is posted? I put a logo for the aca thing on a couple of my auctions - but i got it from another artist's listing...

surreal
12-13-2004, 07:33 AM
Now I think the choice should have been "under 10."
:D
LOL

surreal
12-13-2004, 07:38 AM
Hey Sandra,

I am wondering how you knew about this promotion... is there some place this is posted? I put a logo for the aca thing on a couple of my auctions - but i got it from another artist's listing...

Hi Keely,
I know you asked this question of Sandra, but I am very curious.
:)

In which category did you receive an ACA award?

In any case, congrats to you!

:)

sandge
12-13-2004, 07:58 AM
I guessed 50 or more.

Do tell us the answer!!!

I am waiting rather impatiently.
Well, at the time of writing, of 815 hits from 19 auctions, the number of hits from aca was a massive .... 6!

However, by the end of the day, the total hits on my auctions had risen to 1,132 so, of course, the number of hits from aca had risen to a phenomenal ...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Dec-2004/1073-aca-results.jpg

sandge
12-13-2004, 08:01 AM
Hey Sandra,

Keely, I got emails about it from Patti.

I think she got my email when I signed up for the voting group because I didn't get emails about the awards before then.

keely
12-13-2004, 01:53 PM
Hiya Nina,

Thanks!

I placed second in the portraits category. :)

Sandra thanks for the info... i just heard from Patti... i had thought i spaced on something cause i have been really busy lately, but was just an email mixup!

surreal
12-13-2004, 07:55 PM
I placed second in the portraits category. :)

That's marvellous!