MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-12-2004/5946_pasture.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Abandoned
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Oil
Surface: Board
Dimension: 11 x 14
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
one of many older small boats that have been abandoned because the fish stock off Nfld has been wiped out by the big boats .. and the people cry but the show goes on.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
anything

Esmeralinda
12-12-2004, 10:02 AM
Hello Wayne,

Always a pleasure to look at your creations. A lot of beauty in its simplicity. I can feel the abandonment. I like the mood you are able to create. Just a touch of light (maybe a hint of hope). Very nice.

I'll be visiting NFL next July for the first time. I've been wanting to go for a long time.

Linda :)

Mikey
12-12-2004, 10:12 AM
The war continues Wayne, but from my experience I think it is a good thing. One adds richness to the other and this is a luminous success.

Mikey

Dana Design
12-12-2004, 11:40 AM
Wayne, a very minimalist painting for you! I like this very much. However, I'd like to see the left side of the boat's cabin a bit darker in value. Perhaps toss in some browns from the rocks on the beach? Reflected shadows?

It's just the cabin that bothers me. The rest is absolutely divine!

Michael-Ann
12-12-2004, 12:13 PM
Both solitary and serene. I like the aloneness and crispness of this Wayne. Almost spiritual.

Gilberte
12-12-2004, 01:30 PM
Something about the back end of the boat is bothering me but I can't put my finger on it .....

I love the sky and the light on the boat ! Good catch ! :)

Tamana
12-12-2004, 04:45 PM
There's always been something sad to me about an abandoned boat anyway, but this story just makes it sadder.

I really like the yellow plays on this, especially in front of the boat.

Wayne Gaudon
12-13-2004, 08:27 AM
Thanks all ..

Dana, I had it lighter than it is as the photo suggested ligher but I didn't like it so I darkened it down. Funny part was, I used the browns but didn't like the harmony play as I was more after a feel than real. I then use purple mostly but after your comments and some thought, if I make it into a larger work I will try it with a value lower and lean more into the blue/green/purple hues instead of relying mainly on purple as I did here. Thanks for the helping idea.

earthbot1
12-13-2004, 08:33 AM
strong forms....isolate feeling. Nice work!

Dana Design
12-13-2004, 11:40 AM
wayne, yes! Good take! I'd love to see this again. Post it if you do it larger!