PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 12-12 S&T

gmdcrafts
12-12-2004, 02:50 AM
I just want to show these off! I was "tickled pink" when I pulled these out of the kiln! Rubino centers encased in pale lavender makes such a yummy pink!

mistymade
12-12-2004, 03:02 AM
Gina, those beadies are drop dead gorgeous!!! The snowflakes are so wonderfully shaped and the color is delicious!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

skgdesigns
12-12-2004, 03:16 AM
Just wanted to say, those beads are beautiful.
I wonder if glass designers know just how much
they are appriciated, with out you,
Us beaders wouldnt have half as much funhttp://www.angelfire.com/journal/medicinebag/index.html ]

Teri.p
12-12-2004, 03:24 AM
I saw those on eBay earlier, Gina, and nearly swooned. Thanks for letting us in on the pink secret!

This set is made with clear and Iris Gold shards (thanks Val!).... the pic doesn't capture the luster, but still is kinda pretty.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Dec-2004/23019-040965a.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Dec-2004/23019-040965c.jpg

Teri

Tink
12-12-2004, 03:54 AM
Holy Geez! Those snowflake beads are incredible! And Teri, those beads remind me of amber, which is my favorite!

Thought I'd take a peek in the show and tell before I go to sleep. I actually got two vessels in the kiln tonight before I had to give up. Knee and toe were too owie to keep working. And I get to (try to) blow glass tomorrow! Yay!

Briatha
12-12-2004, 03:58 AM
Gina that is a ravishing set!

Teri very ethereal set!

3 lentil sets for me
Rustic Canyons, Denim Rocks and Amethyst Denim Raku

gmdcrafts
12-12-2004, 04:14 AM
Thanks so much ladies! I think these are the skinniest stringer lines I've done yet so far. I probably looked pretty silly......in my nightie, hair sticking out in every direction, bending over the kiln doing this goofy happy dance 1st thing in the morning......good thing there are no windows near the kiln..... :p

...and Briatha!!!!!! I LOOOOOVE those colors in the Rustic Canyons set!!!! :clap: Mind if I ask what you used?

Briatha
12-12-2004, 04:16 AM
Thanks Gina. Rustic Canyons were made with Evil Purple and R106 Frit #1.

Mr.Smiley
12-12-2004, 07:13 AM
Fabulous beads!

Here's a boro vessel and some smaller hearts I've been working on. Two of them in the group shot are my normal size... but my wife thought there should be some more dainty ones too. Two are pretty tiny and will look great with seed beads. The boro vessel is naked on the back side so the little balls won't poke at your chest if it is worn.

Have a fantastic day every body! :D

AMR GlassWorks
12-12-2004, 08:15 AM
Good morning everbuddy! :D Hope all is well with everyone today!
Gina I just LOVE those snowflakes!!!
Terri just yummy!!
Briatha I can't pick a fav today!! They are all gorgeous!!
Smilely you are definatly putting a smile on my face this morning! Love all of them hearts and the vessel is really pretty! I'm sure the person who will own that will appreciate not having little balls poking their chest! :evil: !!
These I did a couple of days ago. I'm not a brown person but I really like how this first set turned out and I love this second set so much I'm going to have to make me a set with these colors one of these days! :D

nursekatie
12-12-2004, 08:37 AM
Good Heavens what an incredible show today!!!

Gina.....I love everything you make!!! Those are truly beautiful!!

Teri...aren't shards fun!! Blowing them is fun too!! Those are purty!!!

Faith...wow..those are gorgeous!! I have trouble with R106 Detrifying on me......you rock!!

Mr Smiley.....THUD....the hearts are just beautiful....truly...and that vessel.....GOOD LORD....I love it!!!

Anne....I am not much for brown either...but those really are lovely!!! I love the detail!

I was playing around with filagrana the other day and made a gorgeous huge lentil......I loved it so much that I had to make beads to match it.....Yes...you heard correctly.....I actually made.....A SET of beads :evil:

AMR GlassWorks
12-12-2004, 08:39 AM
LOL! Katie I just saw this set in one of the Ebay eye candy threads and I agree that it should be in that thread!! Just gorgeous set!! :D

nursekatie
12-12-2004, 08:45 AM
LOL! Katie I just saw this set in one of the Ebay eye candy threads and I agree that it should be in that thread!! Just gorgeous set!! :D

LOL...I just saw that too Anne....thank you :D I have never been in THAT thread before..hee hee.

Rosie2000
12-12-2004, 10:27 AM
Great work everyone :clap: Have been playing around with hearts for awhile, usually on the mandrel. Just tried some boro ones that will get pulled out of the kiln this morning. I guess a new project is born. Flaming Hearts Project. I try to create my work so each side can be the dominant giving you two pieces in one. Going to try some soft work today with custom frit that I made. Its a Bullseye day today :D

Trishki
12-12-2004, 10:52 AM
What an absolutely beautiful S&T today!!! Stunning- every one of them!!! Gina- I could have sworn those snowflakes are IMPOSSIBLE to make! I can't believe my eyes!

JoyceMI
12-12-2004, 11:01 AM
Nothing from me today but Wowzer!! Lots of gorgeous stuff today, I just had to comment.

Gina- Love these, their gorgeous. Great stringer control on those fine lines. Love the color combo
Teri- Beautiful set. I love that iris gold, I bet those kinda glow in sunlight.
Briatha- 3 very nice sets!! Love the Rustic Canyons, great color combo.
Mr. Smiley- Fantastick stuff! I love them ALL. I love the diffferent sizes too. The vessil is a beauty!
Ann- I love both sets! The first one more though, LOL Love the color combo is both. Great job.
Katie- WOW! I really LOVE this. I love purple and yellow together. I love how it is organicy looking and yet a floral!! Love it!
Rosie- Fantastick necklace. I love how you did the heart wrapped with the beads. Great job!

quill
12-12-2004, 11:03 AM
Lovely stuff! I particularly love the Snowflake beads, the hearts & Katie's flowers!

Tink
12-12-2004, 11:49 AM
Two lonely little vessels from me today:

Flame vessel with flaming handles :-)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Dec-2004/10179-flame2.jpg

Opaque Lilac Vessel with new contemporary wedged handles:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Dec-2004/10179-lilaccontempwings.jpg

BeadBraker
12-12-2004, 11:51 AM
WOW!!! Especially the snowflakes, the Katie flowers, the shards, the hearts, the canyon stuff.....oh ALL OF IT!

Here is mine: a finished set for my sister's MIL, and an Oriental kind of set for my SIL.

Nancy B in IL

ValorieCox
12-12-2004, 11:57 AM
Wow, :clap: this is going to be another one of those 'best of' show and tell threads...great work everyone, fantastic photographs too! Val

suechrist
12-12-2004, 11:58 AM
Wow, gorgeous beads today! I made mine on Friday. The pictures need a little help.

Amozoo
12-12-2004, 12:16 PM
ditto what Val said!

margaretz
12-12-2004, 01:06 PM
WOW!! This is one of the best S& T's I've ever seen! A few quick comments:
Gina- a fantastic start to the thread... those snowflakes are fabulous. you're one meticulous gal! :)
Mr. Smiley- I love those hearts. The shape is wonderful, and you've made great color choices!
Mz. Tink: As always, lovely vessels. The one with flaming handles is particularly lovely!

Here's a recent 'Talisman' bead... (crushed aventurine over enamel). This one's on the large side... 44mm tall... Happy Sunday, everyone!

littlecrow1
12-12-2004, 01:24 PM
:eek: Holy Beads Batman!! :eek: Stunning!!! Absolutely beautiful S&T beads this morning!! :clap: A Very hard bunch to follow..
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=197910&stc=1

kybeadmaker
12-12-2004, 02:06 PM
WOW....absolutely stunning beads today. Gina, did you use an optic mold for the center star...if you tell me you did it by hand I'm going to throw my torch away :)
Mr. Smiley those hearts are so beautiful....and Katie I love your flowers. To all of the rest of you, I am continually inspired by the show and tell I see here. My contribution today pales in comparison.

gmdcrafts
12-12-2004, 02:39 PM
WOW....absolutely stunning beads today. Gina, did you use an optic mold for the center star...if you tell me you did it by hand I'm going to throw my torch away :)
Mr. Smiley those hearts are so beautiful....and Katie I love your flowers. To all of the rest of you, I am continually inspired by the show and tell I see here. My contribution today pales in comparison.

No mold to make the star, but PLEASE do not throw your torch away!! :p
I love these colors and designs you used here!!!
If you look very closely, the points on the centers of some of the snowflakes that look like stars are made when the SECOND row of dots are applied - when they spread out, they push the first dots into points! Ta-da!

....and Tink!!!! That Flame vessel is AWSOME!!!!!!! :clap:

gmdcrafts
12-12-2004, 02:51 PM
Thanks Gina. Rustic Canyons were made with Evil Purple and R106 Frit #1.
Thank you!! I NEVER would have guessed that was EDP! Now, where do I get some of that R106 frit? Is it like working with the raku frit?

jeffwelsh23462
12-12-2004, 04:02 PM
happy holidays to all... here are few things from me... hope everyone has a great sunday.

llglassdesigns
12-12-2004, 06:06 PM
Beautiful work everyone! :clap: Jeff, I just got another one of your dragon pendants off of ebay for my son. It is fabulous, thanks.

Deb

beachbeads
12-12-2004, 09:12 PM
I'm a thread hog, I haven't posted in awhile. Today is a great show, to many items to comment on but Gina and Katie, WOW!! I have been making lots of leaves this week, and some beach beads. Here's some that will go on the bay today. Good day to all, Sheila

CalmWaterStudio
12-12-2004, 11:19 PM
This is one fantastic show and tell!!! Everyone's work is wonderful!

Gina.. I've been playing with snowflakes, and when I saw yours, I just wanted to throw mine away.... they are BEAUTIFUL.

Mr. Smiley.... your work is just getting better and better and better... I love the color combination!

Wonderful EVERYONE!

Amozoo
12-13-2004, 12:34 AM
well, I jumped on the heart pendant bandwagon, stealing from Mr. Smilie and EVERYONE!

GinnyHampton
12-13-2004, 12:45 AM
Hmmmmm, snowflakes or flame vessel, which one do I want .. . . . BOTH :evil:

Here's a new heart, still attached to the mandrel but what the heck I'll post it anyways!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Dec-2004/16244-DSCN4204.JPG