PDA

View Full Version : Where everything is art

Anonymous
12-11-2004, 11:26 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-11-2004/18021_Where_everything....jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Where everything is art
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Mixed-Media
Surface: Paper
Dimension: A place
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:

dornberg
12-12-2004, 12:33 AM
i think the color works together and the shapes vary from large color areas to smaller details.

Dhuot
12-12-2004, 12:45 AM
Where everything is art ey ??

Hum !

In the everyday life situation ?? Maybe !

T.... this is a very nice work. You used blues like you never did before. An accident . NO . The sky , so in a way you answered your own question ; art is in the sky ( everywhere )

Did you use glasses for the wheels ??

Is there a shark trying to bite the rear wheel ?? :D

And the sumi line work is exquisite . so delicate .

A blue bird ey ??

So nice. The paper looks made out of rice.

Pretty

katelynalain
12-12-2004, 01:48 AM
suddenly..paint becomes the bird, becomes the bicyclist, becomes the world. swooping through paint..wait it's AIR!..fluttering overhead..a new perspective on riding a bike..so lovely. colours are harmonious and vivid au meme temps. this is i think my favorite..as i love the feelings that are evoked. i feel i have felt this painting before and yet it couldnt have been this beautiful in real life..this is a step beyond, i believe..

Michael-Ann
12-12-2004, 02:33 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-11-2004/18021_Where_everything....jpg

Happy messenger of the heart, time clock wheels ticking against pavement, rushing colors, feathered freedom mocks...beautiful work Mr. Anon.:)

Mikey
12-12-2004, 10:21 AM
I'm not a poet to express my feelings about the intangibles heres. It was Monet who said he wanted to paint the air between the objects, and so this is what you have done.

Mikey

Gilberte
12-12-2004, 01:39 PM
He/she is a bicycle thief and the birds are trying to prevent it ......

Colors are smashing and the wheels emphasize the speed.

I have a mat and a frame that would fit perfectly ...

Tamana
12-12-2004, 01:59 PM
:music: :music:

Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high
There's a land that I heard of
Once in a lullaby

Skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true

Some day I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me

Bluebirds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow
Why then, oh why can't I?

If happy little bluebirds fly
Beyond the rainbow
Why, oh why can't I?

:music: :music:

you can....

Thank you all. Means too much to say. :)

Tamana
12-12-2004, 08:52 PM
I have a mat and a frame that would fit perfectly ...

OMG! Madame!! :) I just saw this!! What an honor that you would want this!! Actually, this one is going to be coupled with the other one I posted as a gift for someone very special. It is my heart's desire that they never be separated throughout all the years they last through all the hands they pass in all the homes (or attics or basements!!!) they rest.

Non, Madame. I have something VERY special I'm working on for you. It has to be special!!! Remember...it was YOU who reminded my heart to dance in the most beautiful way that will last forever. You know sometimes we forget words that are said -- but a painting...oh the thousands of words it will continue to say.

I'll never forget that.

Mikey - What you said was absolutely perfect and breathtaking, truly. I can't even begin to find the words to thank you for that one.

Michael Ann - If'n you wuz think'n that I was who you was think'n I wuz (Mr. MagPi because, well, he DOES steal the show)....then...I LOVE YOU!!!!

Bob: Thank you always for your invaluable time and words - they instruct my eyes in the right direction.

Daniel; Ha! You got me!! Thank you always for the wonderful words of encouragement and support, Daniel. You're a true blessing in the forum and it wouldn't be the same without you.

Katelyn; I'm so glad you related to it on a personal level. THAT is very important to me. Even more so that you see the beauty in it. That is humbling to me. Thank you for those lovely words and the time you shared to say them.

Thanks again everyone for looking and saying. :)

Dhuot
12-12-2004, 10:37 PM
Tam, thank you so much. I " clicked-in " to read your latest reply....and....ooh ! To read that about me is very touching.

I guess I just love your work. You paint with experience " ma chère ", feelings and emotion. lots emotion .

I was strucked to read your thread " Where we came from " and to tell us all that you started " arting " since............( if you WCmembers are curious, well check it out :D ), so.....yeah, you`ve been arting since.....ever Tam. The sky , the leaves, flowers,EYES....etc.......So finally, YES....experience

OH! I don`t know if I make sens, but I understand myself :D

Have a nice monday ( tomorow )

btw........I didn`t use tha chat thread OK ??

Wayne Gaudon
12-13-2004, 07:59 AM
:clap: I thought this was Pee Pee :D :clap:

I don't like the snake up top but 99.9% of this thing is smashing. It is very inspiritional and if I open enough of these I will (am) in another realm and it will reflect in my output.

Later,

earthbot1
12-13-2004, 08:30 AM
the legendary tour rider is assaulted by birds when the officials mistakenly run the time trial through the bird sanctuary...
very interesting work...a lot to take in.

Tamana
12-14-2004, 08:05 AM
Daniel.... :). Thank you. You have a way of making people feel good about themselves. I can only hope to paint "feelings and emotions" the way MagPi does one day. That is my dream. And to hear people such as yourself use those terms is deeply touching to me and reiterates like a low energy wave through a field of doubt that I am indeed headed in the right direction at least.

Wayne!! :D You just want to hear me say "I LOVE YOU"!!! don't you?! lol :p WELL I DO!!! You and Michael Ann just made my Tuesday beautifully. Thank you for the looking and saying and especially the thinking of who it was!!! :)

Asimo; Thank you for looking and taking it in. :)

Wasn't going to pull this back up, but the words were too nice to let go. Thank you guys for your encouraging support and kind words.

earthbot1
12-14-2004, 08:55 AM
actually this has more charm than menace(just playing)...your work progresses expotentially!

haaf
12-15-2004, 04:07 AM
Wowsa !!!
Great colors
the influence is evident
just build on it
:music:

Believe it or not ..this is exactly a part of my book, in the chapter about the bird which has to learn to fly again by this little girl(remember?) being Dutch she places the bird on her bike steer and bikes along the boulevard looking at the sea, the bird is learning how to spread it's wing again..........

Caroline ;)
am late in replying... a lot is said by my fellow WC'ers and I agree

Tamana
12-15-2004, 08:44 AM
Asimo; :p Thank you so much. :)

Caroline; Thank you. I truly appreciate your words and encouragement always. :) This piece has triggered lots in people - I think once finished it triggered (in part) that Steven King movie about the bike that out ran the devil...

Not certain if you saw the other piece or not...but she's the mate to this one entitled "The Shelter from the storm gang". They're both 14 x 11 and will be matted in white and simple black frames as a Christmas present for my muse...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Dec-2004/18021-Where_everything_is...c.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Dec-2004/18021-Shelter_from_the_storm_gang_c.jpg

Thank you again for looking and saying; means a lot. :)

Gilberte
12-15-2004, 12:53 PM
Side by side ......... quelle beauté !