PDA

View Full Version : My Sister Jane

Anna Marie
11-17-2001, 05:13 PM
Here goes I lay my heart open to you. I have been inspired by you all and have had a go at my first Person in Pastel.

Its Important to me because Jane lives in France and has been having some problems and this is based on a photo I took when she came home to see us all and was the happiest I have seen her in a long time.

I am very stuck as I dont know where to go with it next! She hasnt really got half an arm I was going to cut it off above elbow level.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Nov-2001/janeweb.jpg

dupliKate
11-17-2001, 09:45 PM
This is your first person in pastel??? Wow...Sure looks good to me....can't see a lot of detail, but I don't think you had any problem with the eyes either. I love the way you have captured the softness of her sweater.

I don't know what you have planned for the background, but I'm sure some of the more experienced artists here can make some great suggestions.

She does look very happy! (I like the little highlights on her lips)!

:clap: K

Anna Marie
11-18-2001, 04:55 AM
Thank you Duplikat exactly one of my problems. I dont know wat to do with the background.
Another issue is I believe I need to get Bigger because when I get to do detail on eyes and mouth etc I have no room to manouver.
From a Yipee point of view I am booked in on a workshop on Skintones in early December.
Is there a world record for the umber of times an eye has been wrecked and redone? I think I might have it!

Tony Perrotta
11-21-2001, 02:49 PM
Hi, Anna Marie, Great Job. The colors are great, I really like the shadows on the face and neck. How big is it.

Regards Tony

Anna Marie
11-21-2001, 03:50 PM
Hi Tony Thanks.
Its on A4 so I suppose its 10 by 8

I need advice on backgrounds!

max nelson
11-21-2001, 06:36 PM
Anna Marie..nice work, especially if this is your first 'person'. I have noticed your horse logo previously and guess I didn't see it very clearly..I thought it was a horse pulling a cart. Checked your site and saw differently. Whoops! Spent a couple of years in London some eons ago. My favorite city.
Max (another horseman)

christyc82
11-21-2001, 06:57 PM
Hmmm....I really like this a lot. Background? something light I would think, at least at the top..get darker as you go down almost so she blends in at the bottom with the background. I would almost do pale blues with maybe a little pink thrown in?

Anna Marie
11-22-2001, 05:57 PM
Thanks I think I will print off a copy and play! I was going to go for a greeny colour as that is what the flash has done to the original photo but I like your idea Christy

And Max... you used the word Cart in conjunction with my horse. wash your mouth out. The Gorgeous Creature (Gulliver) is above such things. He does Dressage,Showjumping (I think you foreigners call it stadium or some such thing) and burying his rider in the bottom of fences he hasnt seen before.

He is Cleveland Bay which as a breed were Carriage Horses in the past so you can be slightly forgiven. My Aim is to get my pastel work to the point where people are fighting to get to my door to have their horse immortalised in Pastel. So I practice my landscapes my drawing and my Human beens!

max nelson
11-22-2001, 08:45 PM
Anna Marie..that was a horrible 'fruit pie' or whatever that French phrase for mistaking that thing he is pulling for a cart. Of course, after carefull examination it is obvious it is a wagon:D And for 'Human Been' I beleive that is spelled Human Bean:D Hope people are beating a path to your door for your pastels straight away. Keep up the good work.:) Max the Expatriate (or was I expelled)