PDA

View Full Version : Posies

Jin
12-11-2004, 04:45 PM
Hi all,

I've been playing all night (gosh, it's past noon already!) and here's my excuse.

Larger Version, Explanation, Largest Version Details, Custom Brush Variant, and Tutorial:

http://www.pixelalley.com/tutorials/resize_lift_wet_wc_layer.html

Small Version:

JCoop
12-12-2004, 11:12 AM
Jin, your posies are wonderful! The combinations of colors are amazing. I don't often see post artwork, so I'm glad that I caught this one. I'd hang this up any day! :clap:

jay_khemani
12-12-2004, 03:58 PM
Wow, just beautiful... if I was in your place, I would have been up all night too to get somethign so beautiful like this...

- Jay

Jin
12-12-2004, 05:37 PM
Jin, your posies are wonderful! The combinations of colors are amazing. I don't often see post artwork, so I'm glad that I caught this one. I'd hang this up any day! :clap:

JCoop,

Thanks so much for your comments. You amaze me the way you find time to post enthusiastic and encouraging comments in almost every (probably every!) thread that contains someone's artwork. This forum would not be the same without you! :)

The colors surprised me too, since the Clone Source image was quite a bit brighter, with more saturated colors. I guess the brush variant mellowed out the colors for me. Lucky, eh?

I seldom have time to work on anything for myself and that's why you seldom see me posting things here. I stole the time the other night and it felt so good! :)

Jin
12-12-2004, 05:39 PM
Wow, just beautiful... if I was in your place, I would have been up all night too to get somethign so beautiful like this...

- Jay

Thanks, Jay! :)

It was that darned background (and the fact that I didn't plan well) that kept me up all night working on this piece. The flowers took about 15 minutes and the vase another few minutes.

Planning is wise, but not always fun... so, we pay the price sometimes.

jay_khemani
12-13-2004, 03:32 PM
Thanks, Jay! :)

It was that darned background (and the fact that I didn't plan well) that kept me up all night working on this piece. The flowers took about 15 minutes and the vase another few minutes.

Planning is wise, but not always fun... so, we pay the price sometimes.

Amen to that! And good luck with your work..

Jay

jkb081759
12-14-2004, 01:12 AM
Very nice combination of colors and flower textures! :) Also, thanks for posting a link describing the background of creating this image, as I'm constantly learning how to use Painter...

Jin
12-14-2004, 02:01 AM
Hi again,

I just learned that the link on my web page to the larger image wasn't working. Can you believe it? I uploaded the file to my site, but the link was to the image on my hard drive.

Geeze!

It's fixed now if anyone wants to see the large version. It looks better than the dinky one displayed in this thread.

Jin
12-14-2004, 02:03 AM
jkb,

Thanks for your comments, and you're welcome for the tutorial.

:)

Jet
12-18-2004, 02:04 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif... :cool:

Happy Holidays :)

maria_khurram
04-12-2005, 04:10 AM
Wonderful :clap: :clap: :clap:

Jin
04-12-2005, 04:44 AM
Thanks, donald. :)

Glad you like it.