PDA

View Full Version : Sat S&T started by a night owl

kybeadmaker
12-11-2004, 03:55 AM
I just love staying up late at night and making beads. The phone doesn't ring,my hubby is asleep....just me and my torch, and a flaming love affair !!! :) I made these beads last night..very very late. :) I used glassdaddy purple and vetrofond light ivory. I just love the purple...now if we could just get that lauscha opaque purple back !!
Harriet

Jazzcurls
12-11-2004, 04:11 AM
:wave:

I just love staying up late at night and making beads. The phone doesn't ring,my hubby is asleep....just me and my torch, and a flaming love affair !!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: Me too
Hi Harriet...beautiful beads...I love the squeeze...mine are squeezed too...I used lauscha tri-color purple, with an encased leaf cane, and white with transparent purple for the roses...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Dec-2004/14715-Lentil_Roses_1.jpg

Patti

rmg
12-11-2004, 06:52 AM
good-morning flame-friends! lovely, luscious purples, Harriet! and Patti, that tri-colour purple is beautiful! never seen it before! I'm trying to get up courage to plunge into e-bay, what do you think of this set as a debut? ivory, sage, purple and orangy-coral; ( how do you think up names for your beads??)
Rachelle.

Sorry for the huge picture.. bad quality too!

jeffwelsh23462
12-11-2004, 09:58 AM
GOOD SATURDAY MORNING TO ALL! Here are some glass pieces JEFF made last night. have a great day! happy birthday to jeff! he's still sleepin'! :clap:

Teri.p
12-11-2004, 10:21 AM
I'm a night owl, too, Harriet, and totally understand! Something about being alone with the flame surrounded by darkness... anyhow, boy those are pretty - love the simplicity of ivory on grape.

Patti - great squeezed beads - you've inspired me to try my tri-color rods.

Rachelle -- I think that's a great set to debut on eBay........ as far as names... I go with the colors.

Great work as always, Jeff. I particularly like the blue heart. I just checked out your eBay list; my my, you've been busy! way to go

Another in my tone-on-tone-plus-R108 pillow series... This is Sahara over R-108 on either Sage or Avocado:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Dec-2004/23019-040959.jpg

Teri

Amozoo
12-11-2004, 10:41 AM
beautiful glass today everyone! :clap: :clap:

jms
12-11-2004, 10:58 AM
I don't post very much in the showcases, but I certainly drool a lot & today is no exception!

Harriet...as always, gorgeous beads....you are absolutely one of my favorite beadmakers.....

Patti...love the flowers....beautiful beads....

Rachelle....love that color combination!

Jeff...fabulous...as usual!....and Happy Birthday!

Terri....beautiful....beautiful...beautiful.....

I'm kinda new to making bead pens, but it's been fun....Christmas presents for a bunch of friends....have a great day everyone! Janie

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Dec-2004/31673-kathy.jpg

craftscout
12-11-2004, 11:12 AM
Wow, Janie! I really like those bead pens! I love how the beads exactly match up the size of the barrel. Great job!

CharleneN
12-11-2004, 11:26 AM
I love todays beads!

BeadSpirit
12-11-2004, 12:25 PM
Oh wow! Great beads today everyone! Here's my very first "showable" floral bead. I had my "ah-ha" moment about a week ago and finally figured out how not to smear the flowers. :D

Harriet and Patti -- I love your florals -- I'm going to try and learn those techniques too.

catgirl29
12-11-2004, 12:33 PM
I was so excited to get my order of a couple of large hole mandrels in the mail yesterday that I just couldn't wait to turn on the kiln and make my first hollow core vessel. The handles are a little wonky but man, did I have fun!

chroma
12-11-2004, 12:47 PM
I was particularly pleased with how these turned out. . .
bj

wmo
12-11-2004, 12:54 PM
I have to say, before today, I had never seen a bead pen I liked. They didn't look right to me. I always wondered if you made the bead the exact size, diameter and length to fit, if they would look right.

Now I know.

jms those have inspired me. Just lovely.

As have the roses, Jazzcurls. I can't make them! I suppose they will remain one of those flowers I drool over but can't make. But, I'm gonna try 'em again today. Darn it! They are so pretty! (I suppose you and Harriet are decorating after you squeeze?)

Harriet, you know you're my fav. Love the flowers!

And Teri, would would of thunk? I have all those supplies. Why aren't my beads as pretty as yours? Lovely.

Happy Birthday Jeff. Tell him I always love his things. I dicro challenged too. (Sheesh, I'm thinking, can I do anything?)

And someone else posted a pretty little flower bead. Can't remember now who. but lovely.

Thanks for the inspiration everyone. I'm off to torch!

jms
12-11-2004, 12:54 PM
Wow, Janie! I really like those bead pens! I love how the beads exactly match up the size of the barrel. Great job!

Hi Craftscout.....Thanks very much....
:wave:

janie

beadsbybrat
12-11-2004, 12:55 PM
Wow! Everone has some great stuff today! And I love Love LOVE those bead pens!

I have not been able to make beads for awhile so this one is about 2 months old. It is my first ever hollow vessel!
Wadda ya think? should I put it on ebay?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Dec-2004/35125-Scan435,_December_10,_2004.jpg

the brat

wmo
12-11-2004, 01:00 PM
I have to say, before today, I had never seen a bead pen I liked. They didn't look right to me. I always wondered if you made the bead the exact size, diameter and length to fit, if they would look right.

Now I know.

jms those have inspired me. Just lovely.

As have the roses, Jazzcurls. I can't make them! I suppose they will remain one of those flowers I drool over but can't make. But, I'm gonna try 'em again today. Darn it! They are so pretty! (I suppose you and Harriet are decorating after you squeeze?)

Harriet, you know you're my fav. Love the flowers!

And Teri, would would of thunk? I have all those supplies. Why aren't my beads as pretty as yours? Lovely.

Happy Birthday Jeff. Tell him I always love his things. I dicro challenged too. (Sheesh, I'm thinking, can I do anything?)

And someone else posted a pretty little flower bead. Can't remember now who. but lovely.

Thanks for the inspiration everyone. I'm off to torch!

jms
12-11-2004, 01:04 PM
Brat.....It's gorgeous!!! I'd say...definitely put it on the 'bay....it's really lovely.

And Suzan....thank you so much for your kind words about my pens....makes me want to go downstairs and make more!!! Thanks again...

janie

FiredDesires
12-11-2004, 02:00 PM
Seems like forever since I have posted anything in here, but thought I'd get started again with this bead. Ragu frit over Lausha clear.

littlecrow1
12-11-2004, 02:19 PM
Beautiful Beads everyone! I also love the bead pens with the just perfect sized beads, that looks reallly nice!! I also wish I had to patience to sit down and figure out the raku frit, i just love the colors everyone is getting! :clap:

Here is mine for today... More of this odd coral Im in love with right now...these remind me of Spicey Thai Food which i looooove! :)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=197603&stc=1

Jazzcurls
12-11-2004, 03:04 PM

:wave: Hi Suzan...thanks...the roses I made are pretty easy...put down 4 white dots...melt them in...put 4 transparent purple dots over the top of the white ones...melt in..spot heat in the center between all 4 dots and push a stringer ( I like to use a goldstone stringer) in the center and twist till cool enough to break off...then polish the center and Voila!!! an old fashioned rose! Just take your time...it's not a fast technique...

:wave: and Thanks everyone for the kind words...I don't post S&T very often and its fun...I always look at everyone elses goodies and get inspired!

Rachelle, Beautiful colors!
Jeff..Happy Birthday...great hearts and cute PUP!
Teri...I love your pillows...they are perfect!
Janie...Your pens are great...I have a really hard time with the long beads.
Beadspirit...sweet little bead...great first!
Catgirl...Fun little Vessel...
Brat...Sweet...I think you should...
Fireddesires...nice reaction
little crow...BEauuutiful...I love the coral

Hope I didn't miss anyone...great beads...Thanks for sharing
Jazz

Kimberly Affleck
12-11-2004, 03:10 PM
Haven't posted here for quite a while. here a few from me. Sorry if the photos are not great. I am at work and the photo editor we have is awful!

Sanveann
12-11-2004, 03:48 PM
Wow! Very nice, Kimberly! How did you make the petals on that last one -- are there thin layers of encasing in between them?

Kimberly Affleck
12-11-2004, 03:55 PM
The petals are just a layer of white, then a layer of clear, another layer of white, then another layer of clear. Only encased at the end ('cause I couldn't stand to have to do it twice!! :rolleyes: ).
Kimberly

isle-of-cats
12-11-2004, 04:29 PM
Yay, I have some beads to show :D

a couple organics
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Dec-2004/29828-DSC03467.JPG http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Dec-2004/29828-DSC03463.JPG
and just a few with white, amber rose and topaz
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Dec-2004/29828-DSC03465.JPG

boobiebeads
12-11-2004, 04:29 PM
Well I just got my lentil trio from Zooziis and I wished this would have been my first purchase. I really love the simplicity with this press. These are my first batch. I am having trouble with bead release being smushed into the glass so I have changed from kiln wash to an actual bead release and see if that will work because I love using transparent glass.

double S
12-11-2004, 05:11 PM
lovely work all :clap: :clap: I also haven't posted in awhile. here are my latest.
Lisa

GinnyHampton
12-11-2004, 05:35 PM
Great stuff today!!! Well, now that I'm done with frog beads (for a little while :evil: ) I'm back to snowmen. I'm still allowed to make them, right???

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Dec-2004/16244-DSCN4179.JPG
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Dec-2004/16244-DSCN4184.JPG

Mr.Smiley
12-11-2004, 06:46 PM
Ginny! PLEASE DON"T STOP MAKING THE SNOWMEN! They are the best! :clap: :clap: :clap:

CarlaAlexander
12-11-2004, 09:40 PM
OMG Ginny, I totally love your snowmen. They made me want to go out and try again. I am bout to throw mine against the wall.

Sassyglassgal
12-11-2004, 11:17 PM
I'm a late owl tonight as well, tired all day and drowsy rainy weather and now when its time to sleep I'm awake...go figure. Tonights show and tell is awesome, some very sweet beads, here's a couple for me

amayita
12-11-2004, 11:17 PM
Great stuff everyone! As I promised I was going to try to make one of the hearts that seems to be the big rage right now. And it didnt turn out to be a blob. But it did crack and I am not sure why. This one is for you Mr Smiley!

Also just a cactus bead and a twilight wisteria tree. Enjoy guys!

CarolS
12-12-2004, 12:09 AM
I made a lot of "fill in" beads today - stuff to complete sets and jewelry pieces my husband's going to make. So far today, I have a completed set of Christmas beads, and three "eye ball inspired" big ones.

Beth Myers
12-12-2004, 12:24 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:
What fun!
Thanks to you all!
Beth