PDA

View Full Version : Newly opened pink lily

Yako
12-10-2004, 11:29 PM
Done with procreate painter classic and the charcoal, airbrush & liquid smudge tools- :) :) using an image of the reference library as a reference: "Newly opened pink lily" posted by madmum

JCoop
12-12-2004, 11:21 AM
Kareen, great job! Perhaps the backround could benefit from some variation in tone and texture. Either way, I like it!

Elvira
12-12-2004, 01:12 PM
Nice job on the Lilies, I agree with Joel on the background it needs something to give it a bit of depth and bring the lilies forward in space.
Elvira

Chiers
12-13-2004, 04:59 PM
Nice lilies Kareen.

Yako
12-13-2004, 05:04 PM
Joel, Elvira thanks for commenting. :) I agree with you that the background is a bit flat. I'll try to arrange it. (as soon i find some time to do it! )

Chiers i'm glad you liked it

jkb081759
12-14-2004, 01:09 AM
I really like the tonal variations of the petals / leaves with the vivid colors! Very nice image :) I can't get over how one program (painter) can come up with so many styles of images!

Yako
12-14-2004, 05:59 AM
Thanks a lot for your comments jkb081759! I like to experiment a lot since i was a child....many times (nearly always :D) in the arts and crafts classes i ended up with something totally different of what was given initially as a project.

When i paint i'm always changing things and do more than one version of something that i started as one idea. I make so much changes after modifying and deleting that nothing is left of the initial idea. I have tried with traditional mediums but because i work this way my paintings always get muddy (and with a big biiig coat of oil painting :D :D :D).

Yako
12-14-2004, 11:25 PM
Here are two more versions, i tried to improve a bit the background. For the second i applied craquelure from photoshop elements :) :) :)

Yako
12-15-2004, 08:38 PM
Ooooops! i don't know what happened but the images didn't upload. Another try...

Yako
12-15-2004, 08:42 PM

JCoop
12-15-2004, 10:21 PM
Kareen, you really "get it!" The background is extremely good. I really appreciate how you punched up the colors too. Most excellent!!! :clap:

IMO, the filters used in the framed one diminishes the art.

JulieBoyles
12-16-2004, 10:23 AM
WOW! This turned out great Kareen! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I thought the first version was great but I love love love what you did to it to punch it up! I agree with Joel about the last one. The second one is fantastic!!!

Congrats,

Julie

Yako
12-16-2004, 10:39 AM
Thanks Joel and Julie! This kind of comments makes me happy and also makes me want to get better each time :) :) :) !

themanda
12-16-2004, 12:19 PM
hi yako! long time no see! :D

i like the fresh colors your work always uses...so soft and free and new. i think i liked the colors on your first one better, almost. i also agree that the texture on that last competes with the art. your work is strong enough to stand on its own!!!!

excellent, as always!

Yako
12-16-2004, 12:39 PM
Hi Themanda! It's has passed a long time since you last posted here! What has happened?....Have you been lost because of Christmas preparations?? :D

Thanks for your comments! :) :) :)

themanda
12-16-2004, 12:50 PM
Hi Themanda! It's has passed a long time since you last posted here! What has happened?....Have you been lost because of Christmas preparations?? :D

Thanks for your comments! :) :) :)

no, i've stopped doing digital work and am painting in traditional media these days. [gasp] i post mostly in the abstract/contemporary forum, but do poke in here from time to time to see what's going on. :D

Yako
12-16-2004, 12:54 PM
no, i've stopped doing digital work and am painting in traditional media these days. [gasp] i post mostly in the abstract/contemporary forum, but do poke in here from time to time to see what's going on. :D
Come back soon! don't get lost!..... :) :) :)