PDA

View Full Version : January Is A Salable Time To List! True or False?

JUDERM
12-10-2004, 04:32 PM
Hi there,

I have made a few stocks of paintings to list this January and a few only
this December holiday season. This is my first year in art auction and I have
no idea how is it going to be the sale this January. Some artists said that they
have great sales last January than December and some said a very slow
month for auction. Is it better to list all these paintings this December than
January? December is a busy time and people are off the computer. A lot of
people are in the malls, parties, etc. By January most of the people are done
with the hectic holiday season and they are back to their normal routine of
watching auctions in the computer.

Do you agree? Any feedabck will be greatly appreciated.
Have a great day!

Thanks,
Jude
artist :confused:

Lady Rando
12-10-2004, 04:48 PM
Wow, Jude that's a hard one to answer since Ebay and other sites are just so unpredictable anymore. I'm going to list and send out notices to past buyers and anything else I can think of in Jan. Things are just so upside down in the market these days with all that's going on ..... I'm listing and hoping for the best.

ElizaLeahy
12-10-2004, 04:52 PM
Unfortunately no one can answer that. We just don't know. Once upon a time ebay had some sort of pattern, but now, if there is one, I certainly can't see it.

One would think that leading up to Christmas people would buy. I paint cats and nudes, usually subjects that are snapped up. I use to sell everything that I did, now I have some bids on $1 items and that is about it. And when I say "some bids" I mean one bid on each item!

I will see how the market looks in January before I do anything else for eBay.

andymathis
12-10-2004, 05:09 PM
I think January is as saleable as any other month- the holidays are over. Depending on where you live- its cold and rainey and people are home more than Dec. Many have gotten cash or returned things so they have some money to spend.

JUDERM
12-10-2004, 05:17 PM
Hi guys,

Thank you for your posts! Yes I believe January will be a better month than December. I have tried it before but when you think about people shopping for holidays most of them are out of the computer and getting busy for gift giving, parties and other stuff but after the holiday they all are trying to get rest from holiday stress and most of them are inside the house and nothing to do after the busy days. Most of them will go back to their routine of browsing the auction and winning bids. So we are hoping that things will be better.

Thanks,
Jude
artist :clap:

JUDERM
12-10-2004, 06:17 PM
Hi there,

If that is the case we should probably take chance and list this December since everyone is looking for a gift. Our paintings are great gift to give! This way we will show our art to holiday shoppers. Let us hope for the best this January.

Thanks,
Jude

surreal
12-10-2004, 06:45 PM
I have read posts by some power sellers that have stated that January is a slow month.

I haven't been a serious seller, so I don't recall what last January was like.

Imo, you should play it by ear.
Give it your best shot for this month and January.

You will learn through experience.
:wink2: