PDA

View Full Version : List More Or Stop Listing This Holiday?

JUDERM
12-10-2004, 12:03 PM
Hi,

I know most of us are experiencing slow selling season in auction these days. What is the best advise in this slow days? Should we keep on listing even though slow or should we stop listing but keep on painting to create stock of paintings to start listing on January when the market start to move again? Should we avoid FP but just BIN or regular listings?

any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Thanks,
Jude
artist :wave:

Lady Rando
12-10-2004, 12:08 PM
I've just started listing again after months away from auctions. To my delight I have 2 bids already. My plans are to try listing a new piece or print every 3 days. That way I will always have something going and hopefully, start building a following. I'm not reopening my ebay store again until I feel it is worth the monthly fee to do so.

surreal
12-10-2004, 02:15 PM
This is a tough decision.

My last fp had 3 bids and I was O.K with the ending price.

However, I have observed that views have slacked off quite a bit and have only been listing "SALE" items - perhaps 2 at a time.

But, some artists are doing well on ebay now.
It's hard to know what to do.

Analyze your views and make a decision based on your views and recent sales, Jude, IMO.

January is supposed to be a slow month. I am thinking of listing only 1 or 2 items at auction in the month of January.

JUDERM
12-10-2004, 03:01 PM
Hi Nina & Tamara,

Thanks for your response! This is my first year in the art auction field. Is it always slow in January? How was your sales last January? Becuae I heard from other artists that January sales is better than December since most people are done with the busy schedule of holidays and they are back to their computer browsing the auctions. January sales tend to have higher sales. I do not know how credible is this. Please support this thought based on your experience when you get a chance. Thanks again!

Thanks,
Jude
artist :confused:

TeAnne
12-10-2004, 04:21 PM
I would hope that you keep painting anyway. :)

sandge
12-10-2004, 08:04 PM
I would say, you need to watch your views carefully. For some folks, things have slowed already; others are still selling. What are your auctions doing? This is where something like Sellathon can really help.

When you notice a slow down, cut right back on listings and keep fees to the minimum that you can. So, no FPs. You need to keep a presence a minimum cost.

Having said that BINs can be useful for last minute holiday shoppers. They are not expensive, so probably worth taking a chance on them.