PDA

View Full Version : I sold one for $1.29

TeAnne
12-10-2004, 10:46 AM
:rolleyes: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3766998567&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAS:AU:3

Antoine
12-10-2004, 10:57 AM
It's unfair!!! Where was I? love that piece! ;)

surreal
12-10-2004, 02:18 PM
It's a very low price for a 16" x 19" piece, but you knew you were taking a risk when listing it for $0.99.
;)

conrad00
12-10-2004, 02:51 PM
That certainly is a crazy price - and I really like that painting! :)

I'm new to selling on ebay but I've always been a bit baffled why people start at 0.99 with nr. If you only get one bid you'll never know whether they would have paid a decent price or not.

Sometimes I think there should be a new ebay rule which forces artists to start their auctions at a decent amount - then good work doesn't go for give-away prices and buyers will stop expecting to be able to get it for give-away prices :D

TeAnne
12-10-2004, 04:14 PM
It's a very low price for a 16" x 19" piece, but you knew you were taking a risk when listing it for $0.99.
;)
Yes, I knew!

TeAnne
12-10-2004, 04:15 PM
That certainly is a crazy price - and I really like that painting! :)

I'm new to selling on ebay but I've always been a bit baffled why people start at 0.99 with nr. If you only get one bid you'll never know whether they would have paid a decent price or not.

Sometimes I think there should be a new ebay rule which forces artists to start their auctions at a decent amount - then good work doesn't go for give-away prices and buyers will stop expecting to be able to get it for give-away prices :D

I listed it for 99 cents because I got sick and tired of relisting it and moving it in and out of the store for 12 months.

conrad00
12-10-2004, 04:48 PM
I listed it for 99 cents because I got sick and tired of relisting it and moving it in and out of the store for 12 months.

I'm really surprised it didn't sell straight away - I thought it was great! On the positive side though, you should have a very happy customer and hopefully they'll come back for more :)

PMurphy42
12-10-2004, 04:48 PM
Sorry it sold for so little Tea......maybe you'll make up for it on another.

TeAnne
12-10-2004, 04:52 PM
I'm really surprised it didn't sell straight away - I thought it was great! On the positive side though, you should have a very happy customer and hopefully they'll come back for more :)

I think my buyer must have took pity on me, she already owns about 8 of my paintings. lol Bless her heart.

TeAnne
12-10-2004, 04:55 PM
Sorry it sold for so little Tea......maybe you'll make up for it on another.

hahahah Pigs might fly.

I took a very heavy loss this past 2 weeks. Simply proves what people actually think of my crap. I won't be listing anymore. Store will close in Jan.............. I've run out of "Optimistic"

PMurphy42
12-10-2004, 06:04 PM
Sorry I posted....trying to give a little encouragement...and it gets thrown back in my face

TeAnne
12-10-2004, 07:55 PM
No Patty, you're taking this the wrong way. I'm not directing my answer at you. I'm in a s*itty mood. I't just a general comment.
I would'nt intentionally insult anyone here.
Sorry I posted....trying to give a little encouragement...and it gets thrown back in my face

surreal
12-10-2004, 08:04 PM
Te,
Are you really going to stop selling on $bay?
:wink2:

I thought you were as addicted as I am to $bay.

sandge
12-10-2004, 08:13 PM
How discouraging! Sorry to hear you're giving up on ebay but I do understand.

TeAnne
12-10-2004, 08:27 PM
Te,
Are you really going to stop selling on $bay?

I thought you were as addicted as I am to $bay.

Like any addiction Nina, it cost mega $$$$ once you're hooked. I can't afford it.

Thanks anyway for your support.

Thanks Sandra. :)

Thank you everyone and I appologize for any offence taken.

surreal
12-10-2004, 08:41 PM
Like any addiction Nina, it cost mega $$$$ once you're hooked. I can't afford it.

I completely understand, Te!
:)

I thought you mentioned in the past, that you were going to stop selling on $bay and then you didn't.

My memory doesn't always serve me well.

If you do stop selling on $bay, I hope you will continue to post on this forum!

PMurphy42
12-10-2004, 09:13 PM
Apology accepted Tea.....I sent you a PM.

Sorry I added to your ****ty mood :D :D

idahogirl
12-10-2004, 11:53 PM
I think my buyer must have took pity on me, she already owns about 8 of my paintings. lol Bless her heart.
I bet your buyer was thrilled to get another of your paintings at such a bargain. It can really be a bummer when they sell for so low. At least you know it is going to a good home...

:wave:

Dee

Cattyindigo
12-11-2004, 12:59 AM
sorry to see something go for such a low price, sometimes that hurts more than them not selling as you can at least hang onto the hope of a good price in the future....

Te why not take a break till mid Jan or so rather than leaving altogether, seems ebay will be dead as a doornail until then and only add further to your discouragement not to mention emptying your pockets.... :(

I too am selling zilch at the moment so I'm redirecting my energies into painting gifts for family and friends for now....

TeAnne
12-11-2004, 09:13 AM
Thanks girls. It sure was a kick in the gut, You know what I mean?
Sorry I was in a bad mood.
Tempremental artist in action. lol

surreal
12-11-2004, 10:21 AM
Thanks girls. It sure was a kick in the gut, You know what I mean?
Sorry I was in a bad mood.
Tempremental artist in action. lol

I wasn't sure if you posted this thread cause you were fishing for compliments or what, 2 b purrfectly honest - since you know the chance we all take listing items for low starting prices, especially during this time of the year!...

TeAnne
12-11-2004, 10:45 AM
I wasn't sure if you posted this thread cause you were fishing for compliments or what, 2 b purrfectly honest - since you know the chance we all take listing items for low starting prices, especially during this time of the year!...

I was being overly optimistic. It blew up in my face and it bloody well hurt.

I was looking for shoulders to cry on.

idahogirl
12-11-2004, 11:18 AM
I was being overly optimistic. It blew up in my face and it bloody well hurt.

I was looking for shoulders to cry on.
That's what we're here for :D

Dee

TeAnne
12-11-2004, 11:24 AM
Thank you Dee :)
I know a lot of us are in the same boat but it does hurt when it actually does happen to you. :(
Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

I'm off to bed now. Cya later.