PDA

View Full Version : Friday Show & Tell

Donni
12-10-2004, 01:46 AM
The :cat: jumped on the keyboppard and my post was posted before I even got past the title!

It is almost 4 pm over here in the land down under! Here's a couple of bead sets... one with turquoise, opaque pale violet colour and that tequila coral... and another with tequila, brown and turquoise!

happy weekend y'all... and don't forget the aeroguard!

CorriDawn
12-10-2004, 02:02 AM
I love those colors Donni. So bright and cheerful.

an encased Raku vessel from me:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Dec-2004/42748-v10.jpg

Briatha
12-10-2004, 02:15 AM
Donni love those color combos!

CorriDawn fabulous vessel!

I have 2 lentil sets Softly Sophisticated (etched) and Raku Rocks

sinatragal
12-10-2004, 04:07 AM
I can't believe I'm awake! It's midnight here, I've been struggling to get this custom order ready for tomorrow. My DH built a new photo box for me and I've been having some fun. Here is one of my favorite floral beads. This one is going to be a gift to a fellow WC member for our bead exchange. I doubt she'll be awake! (Though Murphy's law always applies to me!)
Donni: I'm a big fan of tequila (coral that is!)
CorriDawn: I love the shape of your vessel!
Briatha: Those raku lentils are breath taking!

Take care all! Thanks for looking!
Kim

my Ebay auctions =0) (http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQgotopageZ1QQsassZflamebeadsQQsorecordsperpageZ50QQsosortorderZ1QQsosortpropertyZ1)

Retta Gates
12-10-2004, 05:58 AM
Hey, I am finally getting the hang of my "Zoom" to some extent, I wish the sun would come out so I can get some good light behind this :D

Mr.Smiley
12-10-2004, 07:13 AM
Happy days! it is really a breath of fresh air coming into the thread and seeing all the fun stuff. I've got two more hearts to show today. I haven't had one go for any where close to $400, but I figure if I keep at it long enough... maybe... just maybe- LOL :D

Anyway, the bluish one is Blue moon and moss green. The other piece isn't that yellow in real life. My camera doesn't want to capture the tan color right.

I hope you all have a fantaaaaaaaabulous day! :wave:

CarolS
12-10-2004, 08:06 AM
Donni, I love those colors together!

I got to torch this MORNING which I've never done before! I got up at 3 and just got going! I was a little sleepy so I stuck to basics, I'll have picture tonight when I get home from work!

Foofaraw
12-10-2004, 08:48 AM
Donni ~ what a luscious color combo! Like the designs too!
Corri ~ that shape is so sensuos, It reminds me almost of a goddess.
Faith ~ Raku rocks is so earthen looking
Kim ~ wow, that looks like a masterpiece!
Retta ~ reminds me of space
Mr. Smiley ~ That yellow mult colored one would make my sister a happy gal, must go find it!

I love this set, but it is very southwestern. The Kokopelli is a Native American symbol, but he's sooo much fun!!!! Base of Lauscha cocoa, size zero raku, design in either light turquoise, coral or cocoa and then sprinkled with goldenrod enamel.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Dec-2004/19877-kokopelli1.jpg

amayita
12-10-2004, 09:07 AM
:( I have no work to show today. I shoveled dirt all afternoon yesterday for a project here at the house and I was just falling over last night! LOL But I will say that WOW! This is a great start for show and tell! Jenn I love Kokipelli! I have a carpet with him in my bedroom! Keep up the good job guys! Maybe tomorrow! HUGS!!!!

Tomsanctuary426
12-10-2004, 09:13 AM
Hi there :clap: , Tom has made a few other pendants and a bracelet. He is still trying to get together a big Christmas order. Have a great day everyone!!!
:) Tom & Karen :)

Mr.Smiley
12-10-2004, 09:14 AM
:( I have no work to show today. I shoveled dirt all afternoon yesterday for a project here at the house and I was just falling over last night! LOL But I will say that WOW! This is a great start for show and tell! Jenn I love Kokipelli! I have a carpet with him in my bedroom! Keep up the good job guys! Maybe tomorrow! HUGS!!!!

I am still excited over what you showed us yesterday, so we'll give you just one day off. Those were awesome Amaya!
:clap:

Shadesongs
12-10-2004, 09:17 AM
Foofaraw-LOVE the shape of the beads!
I know there were more I liked but can't see them to say each, so BEAUTIFUL BEADS EVERYONE!!! :clap: :clap:
I know these are stained glass. But I lurk here almost everyday and had to show someone!! Just got it all put together, the clear crystals are prisms but we don't have any sun to shine through them! Urgh!

CorvetteJuliet
12-10-2004, 10:16 AM
Donni - Beautiful! Love the color scheme of the first set.
Cori - Amazing! The encased raku is stunning!
Faith- I love the etched black set!
Kim - Wow! The background is so interesting on that bead!
Retta- Beautiful. You've capture the sparkle.
Mr.Smiley- Those colors! Yowza!
Jenn - Great set! Ahhh enamel. :) (Ignore my Q on BHV) ;)
Tom- I've been admiring your bracelts for a while now. How do you make them?
Shadesongs - Wow! That's stunning.

Thanks for sharing the photos everyone! Today there's nothing new from me. I've got a few bead sets in the queue but nothing ready for the camera yet. Have a great weekend everyone! ~Juliet

BeadBraker
12-10-2004, 10:41 AM
Loving this S&T...
Here's my contribution,

Nancy B in IL

The base for the kitty is a lovely purple.....handmixed amethyst and ink blue, layered over white.

The cane used for roses was White center, then streaky pink then rubino.

lepoppet
12-10-2004, 10:42 AM
I haven't played here in a while. Here's a Cote du Rhone set from me. I'm branching into a different direction with my Ebay beads.

Maria

Onalee
12-10-2004, 10:50 AM
Wow, Love the beads today. Love the first set. Very unique, and the southwestern set, and Mr Smiley your hearts are so neat. Keep up the work everybody. I'm off the torch for a few days getting ready to do some entertaining. Have to discipline myself or I wouldn't get anything done. Onalee

bolimasa
12-10-2004, 11:54 AM
Foofaraw-LOVE the shape of the beads!
I know there were more I liked but can't see them to say each, so BEAUTIFUL BEADS EVERYONE!!! :clap: :clap:
I know these are stained glass. But I lurk here almost everyday and had to show someone!! Just got it all put together, the clear crystals are prisms but we don't have any sun to shine through them! Urgh!

I love to see stained glass! What did you use for the words? Did you hand letter or use a stanp? The lettering is very nice!

Amozoo
12-10-2004, 12:07 PM
nice glass all. Ok, Can you guess what this is???

Flaming Idiot
12-10-2004, 12:13 PM
The holiday season has been keeping me SO busy! I haven't been able to spend near as much time here as I like to lately. But, BOY, am I glad I picked today to post the photo of our local guilds monthly auction. What a great show & tell already! I'm not usually shy about picking out a few favorites... but I'm totally stumped today... they're ALL so beautiful! You guys are just plain GOOD! :clap:

We have a really cool auction this month... just in time for the holidays too. An ebay search for LL757 will take you right to it. The talent in this little guild really blows me away. Here's the photo, enjoy!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Dec-2004/37806-group.JPG

Flaming Idiot
12-10-2004, 12:16 PM
Ok, Can you guess what this is???

It's a WHALE of a great pendant! Do I win something? :::snicker:::

Juls
12-10-2004, 12:20 PM
Gorgeous beads everyone!

Jenn, That Kokopelli set is Awesome!! :clap:

I'm on my way out of town for the weekend, but here's a quick couple for the 'Bay this morning~

happy holidays!

~Juls

Amozoo
12-10-2004, 12:30 PM
It's a WHALE of a great pendant! Do I win something? :::snicker:::

I wish you were winning something! (I do give away something each week ~ am I allowd to say that?)
He's a whale. thanks for guessing pun correctly!

dogmaw
12-10-2004, 01:00 PM
I wish you were winning something! (I do give away something each week ~ am I allowd to say that?)
He's a whale. thanks for guessing pun correctly!

We didn't need the pun, he looks like a whale! :)

Jo

jeffwelsh23462
12-10-2004, 01:29 PM
happy friday everyone. wow it's after 12N and I have been so busy with wrapping christmas presents and Jeff's Birthday presents I just remembered to get on here and show Jeff's glass pieces. He made 2 2" MARBLES and 2 BRACELETS and 1 SEA DRAGON. Hope everyone has a stress free day and get that christmas shopping done!!! :wink2: :wink2:
:wave: Sandra :wave:

littlecrow1
12-10-2004, 01:41 PM
Terrible Terrible beads this morning! :envy: They must all be packeaged and shipped to me emediately!!! :evil: ....lol

Really they are Beautiful Beads! :clap:

still lovin the cranberry frit from Val in my flowers ..
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=197264&stc=1

littlecrow1
12-10-2004, 02:52 PM
oops forgot this pic...

I found some of that orangy odd coral at a glass shop and snagged it all up!:P
MINE MINE MINE MINE....
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=197282&stc=1

blyneth
12-10-2004, 03:14 PM
Happy days! it is really a breath of fresh air coming into the thread and seeing all the fun stuff. I've got two more hearts to show today. I haven't had one go for any where close to $400, but I figure if I keep at it long enough... maybe... just maybe- LOL :D

Anyway, the bluish one is Blue moon and moss green. The other piece isn't that yellow in real life. My camera doesn't want to capture the tan color right.

I hope you all have a fantaaaaaaaabulous day! :wave:

Nice work, Mr. Smiley! Looks like you're off to a good start over on eBay, too! Congratulations!

Betsey

Stacylynne
12-10-2004, 03:26 PM
great work everyone,,, StacyLynne

peteg
12-10-2004, 03:30 PM
Here's my first attempt at organics thanks to a tutorial I found here.
Thanks everyone for posting your pictures!

Pete

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQgotopageZ1QQsassZsandpebblesglassQQsorecordsperpageZ50QQsosortorderZ1QQsosortpropertyZ1

dreambead1
12-10-2004, 03:37 PM
O.K, I,ve never posted before, but run and look at the s+t everyday. These are organic foil guys that are a set of 8.I love what everyone has posted, :clap: and feel that Mr. Smileys hearts are worth no less than 600.00 each. :D Ginarae

jessicah
12-10-2004, 03:38 PM
Wow! Great eye candy today. I haven't show n telled for a long time, so here's my latest.

dreambead1
12-10-2004, 03:39 PM
O.K...maybe the second picture is Raku lentils. Stupid Poltergiest!!!Ginarae

Mary Jo Wolf
12-10-2004, 04:12 PM
Oh Oh My My, so much beautiful stuff. You all, have NOT been out shopping much. Good idea..everything was on sale last night.

Have Fun :wave:

JavaGirlBT
12-10-2004, 04:21 PM
Stunning. Everyone.

glass_beads
12-10-2004, 05:38 PM
I haven't been to S&T in a LONG time and OMG you guys (and gals) are amazing! Beautiful beads everyone.

Jenn (Foo!) What bead press is that? Is that a Corina or a Zoozii's?? I love that shape!

Uuugh, I'm just drooling over Mr Smiley's colorful heart -- I peeked on eBay already and it's out of my price range already (with Christmas coming, my budget is tighter than ever).

Sorry my memory span is too short to mention everyone personally but I loved it all. I finally have something fun to show (lately I'd been doing a lot of production work and nothing fun to show) Both are simple beads but I loved the results...

Time Flies and Cup o' Joe....
(sure hope I chose the right pictures...lol)

Amozoo
12-10-2004, 06:33 PM
everyone's glass is worth $2,000 ! We all are being blessed by the magic money fairy who bestows millions of dollars on artists every year! :clap: :wave: :D :p :cat:

Mr.Smiley
12-10-2004, 07:06 PM
I'm fighting the urge to end that one heart auction up to $71 already and just declare them the winner. Why do I feel guilt over things going high? My Dad talked me out of it. I need to practice accepting praise in any form. Thanks for the kind words about my work. I really do appreciate them. I think you guys are amazing every day I come in here and see what you are doing. I am just more comfortable with some one else getting a lot of money for their work... it just feels weird being me. I guess maybe I'm just making up for some of the ones that went way low in the past... The universe is finding a balance.

Take care! :wave:

koregon
12-10-2004, 07:12 PM
wow there are some gorgeous things here today....thanks for showing your work everyone! here is a set from yesterday...no beadmaking today...had to get office work done and make some jewelry for a party for Dan's work tonight. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend~

peteg
12-10-2004, 07:22 PM
I'm fighting the urge to end that one heart auction up to $71 already and just declare them the winner. Why do I feel guilt over things going high? My Dad talked me out of it. I need to practice accepting praise in any form. Thanks for the kind words about my work. I really do appreciate them. I think you guys are amazing every day I come in here and see what you are doing. I am just more comfortable with some one else getting a lot of money for their work... it just feels weird being me. I guess maybe I'm just making up for some of the ones that went way low in the past... The universe is finding a balance.

Take care! :wave:

Hey Smiley
Take a look at this and get over it.
:)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4947475493&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT
I've already sent Orr an email and told him he's my hero
:clap: :)

littlecrow1
12-10-2004, 07:40 PM
Dang!! hes got one over $400 too! Wow!

Bakkoosh
12-10-2004, 07:51 PM
Mr. Smiley,

Your hearts are equally if not more stunning! I'm sure once you get some dedicated collectors, your prices will soar also!! :clap: I always love to see what you've created.

take care,
lisa

PS, everyone else's work is wonderful also! :D

littlecrow1
12-10-2004, 08:19 PM
Mr Smiley, As an owner of some of your beads I agree....you do fantastic work! I hope I didnt imply otherwise...if so I really didnt intend to. :)

Mr.Smiley
12-10-2004, 09:21 PM
Thank you everybody. My mind is more at ease. Deb, I don't take things the wrong way most of the time. I find it so funny how we all walk on egg shells around here so we don't accidentally offend any body. I'm thick skinned and read things with a happy tone to the voice in my head- LOL

Take care all. I can't wait til tomorrows show and tell. Amaya said she would have something for us again! :clap: :clap: :clap:

PS- Deb, I will have some of your work as well. I am blown away at what you do. :wave:

beadsbybrat
12-10-2004, 09:36 PM
WOW! Everyone of you has some WONDERFUL stuff here today.
Everthing is drop dead gorgoeus!!

I have not posted anything in the S&T for a long time. I have not been able to make beads for awhile so this one is not so new but I LOVE it! I think I am going to put it on ebay.
This is my first ever hollow vessel!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Dec-2004/35125-Scan435,_December_10,_2004.jpg

the brat

amayita
12-10-2004, 09:59 PM
Thank you everybody. My mind is more at ease. Deb, I don't take things the wrong way most of the time. I find it so funny how we all walk on egg shells around here so we don't accidentally offend any body. I'm thick skinned and read things with a happy tone to the voice in my head- LOL

Take care all. I can't wait til tomorrows show and tell. Amaya said she would have something for us again! :clap: :clap: :clap:

PS- Deb, I will have some of your work as well. I am blown away at what you do. :wave:

LOL no pressure right??!! Now I really have to get on the torch! Keep up the good work everyone! I might have to try and make one of those hearts myself.....not! LOL I am not that talented! I would just end up with a crooked blob! LOL I am gonna try anyway! See you tomorrow! HUGS

dogmaw
12-10-2004, 11:05 PM
WOW! Everyone of you has some WONDERFUL stuff here today.
Everthing is drop dead gorgoeus!!

I have not posted anything in the S&T for a long time. I have not been able to make beads for awhile so this one is not so new but I LOVE it! I think I am going to put it on ebay.
This is my first ever hollow vessel!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Dec-2004/35125-Scan435,_December_10,_2004.jpg

the brat

Actually Brat, it is your second. You did your first at my place. :D

Jo

jeffwelsh23462
12-10-2004, 11:26 PM
HERE'S 4 more items that i made today. everyone have a great night!

beadsbybrat
12-10-2004, 11:46 PM
Actually Brat, it is your second. You did your first at my place. :D

Jo

LOL! Actually, the one I made at your place was my second. I made this one about 2 months ago. :D

I am thinkin of etching the one I made at your place. :confused: :)

the brat

KD-W
12-11-2004, 01:41 AM
Jessie(?) I love your cool sweet snow and ice beads... quiet beads ... I find that inspiring... I am writing an article at the moment called "Dare to be Simple" it's not that I don't love all the adventurous beads, it's just that beads like yours can make such easily wearable jewelry...

xoticbead
12-11-2004, 11:01 AM
I have to agree with Kate, sometime less is more. I love that set. Made up into jewelry it would go with just about anything a person could wear.
Liz

jessicah
12-11-2004, 09:10 PM
Kate and Liz
Thanks so much for the compliments on my beads. Sometimes I wonder if I'm heading in the right direction..it seems I am. I really like making jewelry with my beads, and since I get so little time to make them, they are usually small and simple. :D

zim
12-11-2004, 11:54 PM
Mr Smiley- just wanted to also add my 2 cents worth about your hearts- they are beautiful! Almost bid on the blue one I admired the other day but had to stop myself...too many Christmas gifts yet to buy :( .

(But I do have a birthday coming up soon! :evil: ) Maybe I'll hint to hubby :wink2:

~D