PDA

View Full Version : Another scam through ebay auctions

JoyJoyJoy
12-09-2004, 06:33 PM
Just to warn everyone, the same old scam is showing up... but, this time they have the nerve to send a message through the ebay system within each auction. This was received by me today, through one of my active auctions:

Please respond to the question below from greatlakaya12. eBay will send an email to the buyer for you.
Q:*hello, My client is interested in buying ur item and he wants to pay via usps postal money order ,he will issue a money order which will include the money for the item,my commission as an agent and also the shipping charges,Immediately u get the check,you will go straight and cash it at a local filling station or store near you in which u will send the excess funds thru western union money transfer to my client shipper in africa the same day u get the money order ,If u agree on this,kindly send me ur contact mailing address to send the check to with ur phone number. N.B ; He will be sending u a check of $950 in which u will cash instantly and send the excess funds thru western union to my client shipper the same day u get the money order . I await ur reply. have a great day. Pls if u agree end the auction*

I have reported this buyer to eBay...

Let's be careful out there!

Nance

sandge
12-09-2004, 06:41 PM
Apart from anything else, what an offensively didactic tone!

Well done for reporting them! :)

TeAnne
12-09-2004, 07:08 PM
I would have displayed it all on the Q&A of the auction too with his name to warn others.
Ebay will act but he and others like him will be back.