PDA

View Full Version : I'm finally painting again!!

AbstractHeart
12-09-2004, 05:10 PM
Well....I've been gone for a while..illness in the family (hubby's side) I was working (housewife again now!) and we moved but I'm finally back and i wanted to tell everyone HI and HELLO and let everyone see what I've been up to today. I haven't painted in awhile...and i've NEVER painted a dog..esp. not our dog! (my arm is KILLING me btw...if u haven't painted in a while...start w/ a small canvas..not a big one...OW!! haha) So here's a painting of our dog..she's a "mutt"..sheaperd, retriever, chow and pomeranian (yah..I know...strange!!) It's meant to be abstract, of course, but still would love any advice from those who paint animals on a more reg. basis than myself. HELLOOOO to everyone, I miss you guys!! It's great to be back!!

"Lyali" - particle board 37" x 28" (see why my arm is hurting? LOL)
Acrylics; approx. 5-6 hrs of work
(Sorry for the bad pic..just moved and our digicam has disappeared..this is from our webcam!! eek!)

MarciaJane
12-09-2004, 05:18 PM
Great to see you back Abs :)

Love the painting.. soooooo cute.. she is lovely !!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Tamana
12-09-2004, 07:35 PM
Warm expression. :)

"Mutts" are the best breed of dog. There was an actual ad in a newspaper I read once that said:

FREE TO GOOD HOME ONLY: PUPPIES
Half Shepherd half sneaky neighbor's dog.

I've never forgotten that....

ThurmanHubbard
12-09-2004, 07:41 PM
very nice, my pomeranian dingos like it too :D

Smileawhyl
12-09-2004, 10:30 PM
Very whimsical, loving image. Good to see you back.

MountainSong
12-10-2004, 03:07 AM
Adorable! That pup has a look that would make a jaded strangers heart warm! :) We haven't met - Hi there and welcome back. :D

themanda
12-10-2004, 11:23 AM
love the sky! great expression on the dawg.

AbstractHeart
12-10-2004, 11:33 AM
thanks for all the sweet replies!! (and the welcome back!) I missed everyone! :) and to those that replied that I have never "met" HI!! Welcome to WC! :D