PDA

View Full Version : Finally finished this painting

Lady Rando
12-09-2004, 01:20 PM
Some time ago I posted this while it was in prgress. Life took over and she got put away for awhile. I finally finished her, at least as finished as she's going to get. :p

Now if I could only come up with a title. :rolleyes:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Dec-2004/22248-Goth-girl500.jpg

ThurmanHubbard
12-09-2004, 02:46 PM
Very nice. I can't decide if she's escaping something dreadful in the house, or being drawn out involuntarily by some otherworldly force. Either way, it's very thought provoking.

debbi_carr
12-09-2004, 07:08 PM
heh heh. looks like something from out of Beetle Juice.

Tamana
12-09-2004, 07:48 PM
Nice balance; really like the highlights in the background.

Mirek Sledz
12-10-2004, 05:47 AM
this is beautiful painting. :) Fairy scenery and graceful girl which remind me
a little Makowsky style (it was polish painter which lived in Paris 100 years
ago in the same time when Picasso and Braque.. :) )

themanda
12-10-2004, 11:00 AM
i remember seeing this as a sketch a while back...love the finished piece.

she seems to be to be stuck in a cycle of escape...she knows she can't really ever leave, but she continues to try nonetheless.

Lady Rando
12-10-2004, 12:56 PM
Thank you everyone for your compliments, makes me feel good about this interested girl that visits my dreams. I know there will be more paintings of her. :)

MountainSong
12-10-2004, 04:40 PM
If only I was really articulate with more mental clarity and could say what it is that is so compelling about this picture.
Well Done Lady Rando. It's intriguing that she visits you in your dreams. If you ever figure out what her reason for being there is, I'd be fascinated to hear. :)

ArtistJensen
12-13-2004, 10:17 AM
Poor girl with torn clothes. Her eyes are begging, looking right at you, the observer. Is it a haunted house, is she a ghost? Or is she trying to escape a poor life in that house? I can't tell her feelings. Is she scared or sad or just begging you for help? Maybe she died in this house and want's you to help her find her peace?

It's a really great and expressive work. I like this very much. Title - what about: "Escape from the haunted house"? I'm not sure what this is though. You probably have quite another story about this work, Lady Rando.

Smileawhyl
12-13-2004, 11:44 AM
Nice to see this finished. Since the meaning is subjective, how about the title, "Invitation", and let the view fill in their own scenario?

livenlearn
12-14-2004, 12:13 AM
"As finished as its going to get"....? I love it just the way it is. Its a wonderful creation!

When I first saw this painting I thought of how much my niece would love it, going through her gothic phase. Since I love titling things, from nicknames to paintings and poems, while having “gothic” on my mind, this is what possible titles I came up with.

Gothic Fantasy
Supernatural
Gothic Wanderer
Nightmares & Dreams
Mystical Passage
Gothic Realms

And my choice title:

"Companion to the Gothic" :D

Lady Rando
12-14-2004, 05:58 PM
Wow, thank you everyone. :) I decided to name the painting "Her Story". It was suggested to me by someone special and I feel it fits. I've already started sketching the next and feel I might even get her name soon. :)