PDA

View Full Version : Flowers for Mary

LisaArt
12-09-2004, 12:13 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-09-2004/40382_FlowersForMaryWC.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Flowers for Mary
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 53 x 65
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Hi Everyone, My second oil painting. From my imagination. Would like to re-paint this piece in acrylics for myself. I miss the painting.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Anything I can improve on? Should I make the cat more realistic looking? Appreciate the comments.

Mikey
12-09-2004, 01:04 PM
Lisa, this is a wonderful painting. You seem to have a natural gift with colours. And that cat :clap: Please never change the cat.

Mikey

Gilberte
12-09-2004, 02:08 PM
TeAnne would love that cat !
Don't change a thing ...

Wayne Gaudon
12-09-2004, 07:19 PM
no because that will upset the cart and you will have to do the same with every other element and then it will lose it's little charm. It's not my type of art but it is very pleasant and there is a market for any type of art so do what you feel most comfortable with doing.

katelynalain
12-09-2004, 09:05 PM
no way!!!! dont change the cat! its terrific as is. the cat's neck is so CUTE. your style is great..and the colors and shadows on that door are impressive.. :) i really like your other posts too and have no crits for you today..so sorry.

Tamana
12-09-2004, 11:08 PM
Just wonderful - so contemplative, like a silent conversation is taking place between them.

"Pussy cat pussy cat what did you see...."

Like he brings all the tales of the world to her doorstep and she blooms under the sound them.

Isn't that something what certain pieces of art provoke within us? The stories that they tell?

LisaArt
12-10-2004, 06:50 AM
Thanks so much Mikey, Gilberte, Wayne, Katelyn and Tam, I really appreciate that. And I wont change the kitty, Thanks for your kind words
Tam, I really love how you described this tale, provokes something in me...making me feel so warm inside your beautiful words..... :cat: