PDA

View Full Version : Thurs 12/9 Show & Tell

emmadogdesigns
12-09-2004, 08:15 AM
I can't believe there's not a show and tell started! Where is everyone? Are y'all sleeping in? :wink2:

Before I go off to work I wanted to pop in and show a red and purple set I am quite proud of...I love it when you have an idea in your head and it actually works! Last time I made a set in these colors I had a few people e-mail about doing more for red hat ladies. So here it is! (Bullseye glass)

Then a small set in pastel blue and green...trying to make spring happen in my studio!

Have a great day!

Steffi
12-09-2004, 08:41 AM
Wow! I love the red and purple set! But can you tell me what the red hat ladys are? Here in Germany we dont know them.

Here are my treasures ;-)

Two glow-in-the-dark-beads, some misc. beadies, my first try to make a shell, a christmas frog et voilą: my first twistie bead ą la MZ!

greetings an have a nice day!

Steffi

jeffwelsh23462
12-09-2004, 08:44 AM
cute little santa frog bead... love it! here are mine for the day a half moon face pendant, a swirler blue pendant and 2 bracelets, have a super day!

Foofaraw
12-09-2004, 09:31 AM
Rachel ~ fabulous job on that red hat!
Steffi ~ that frog is adorable!
Jeff ~ I love the moon!

Here is mine from yesterday, inspired by a black velvet and silver skirt.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Dec-2004/19877-Unforgettable.jpg

GinaJ
12-09-2004, 09:40 AM
Rachel - beautiful sets, I love both color combinations
Steffi - great beads, the gold is really nice
Jeff - great work as always!
Jenn - that set is just gorgeous!
Here's a little Christmas cheer from me:

BioImage
12-09-2004, 09:46 AM
Good morning all, looks like we're off to a good start this morning. Below is a small collection of beads that I've added the finishing touches to over the last few evenings. The caps and rivets are ss that I've been learning how to do.

Foggy in Atlanta
Robert

Linnea
12-09-2004, 10:14 AM
Love purple and red together !!!!!! good morning everyone great stuff today
Here are mine

pearsonglass
12-09-2004, 10:15 AM
Here are some more from this week. Just a drive by today, my two year old has dropped his morning nap, so I am having to adjust my whole routine. We are off to have some fun.

Brad

BeadBraker
12-09-2004, 11:18 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=196721

I was trying to figure out if you ALREADY uploaded a photo, how do you "repost"it elsewhere? anyway....I posted these last night's S&T....my first try at swirled roses...1/16th mandrel, layered cane with white center, streaky pink then rubino. The vine is the "Corina" version from her book.

I didn't remelt the snapped off stringer in the flower center (oops!) but I still like how they turned out. I will keep working on them.

They are for my sister's MIL who is 80, kinda prissy (used to run a sweater boutique store) and very sweet.

NAncy B in IL

theonlyduda
12-09-2004, 11:37 AM
Fantastic stuff today!! Happy THURSDAY everyone! Here are some tiny black and white beads from me.... :D

Ancient Child
12-09-2004, 11:48 AM
Wow! I love the red and purple set! But can you tell me what the red hat ladys are? Here in Germany we dont know them.

Steffi
Hey Steffi- Very nice beads. I always wanted to know how to do the last one.
Anyway, the Red Hat Society is a movement in the U.S. of women over the age of ?50? who have raised their children, taken care of others all their lives, and are now giving themselves permission to take care of themselves by wearing what they want and being who they really are deep down inside.
It's based on a poem entitled "When I am an old woman I shall wear purple" Sorry, don't know the author.
Anyway, I think it's marvelous. In fact, I decided a long time ago to act like they are without waiting for menopause :p :D

Great beads, all. Off to make some myself.

Jude

Jennifer Geldard
12-09-2004, 12:47 PM
Just Beautiful everyone!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Brad, do you mind sharing where you get your stopper findings??
It's a gorgeous shape!!

Here are 2 of mine:
Playing with enamels and frit again...

sislonski
12-09-2004, 01:14 PM
I've been wondering what the red hat thing was about also. I have seen references to it in other sites eg; www.shysiren.com with their red hat handbags, but didn't know what it was all about.

It must be a huge thing in the US?

Nothing to show from me today.
Love your set Foofaraw, They're beautiful

Have a good one.

shari

amayita
12-09-2004, 01:26 PM
Great work everyone!! I especially love the long cylinder Jennifer! I have no luck with enamels. LOL maybe one day!

Here are two I did last night. The sea life bead is called Sunken Treasure, it has a sunken ship. Can you guys tell? It was kind of hard making it. And the other one is called The Glades. Cause I live in Florida and it just look so Everglady. I am so excited I was able to pull off the Heron. I am going to try a flamingo soon! LOL HUGS TO ALL!

koregon
12-09-2004, 02:33 PM
Amaya..Beautiful!
here is a watch I made with some of my squeezed beads yesterday.
have a great day everyone!

CorriDawn
12-09-2004, 03:40 PM
Rachel ~ fabulous job on that red hat!
Steffi ~ that frog is adorable!
Jeff ~ I love the moon!

Here is mine from yesterday, inspired by a black velvet and silver skirt.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Dec-2004/19877-Unforgettable.jpg

Wow, I love that set. May I ask what colors you used? It looks like light brown over ivory, but what did you use for the dark ones?

Ignuss-Fatuus
12-09-2004, 04:11 PM
Beautiful stuff today!
I dont get alot of torch time in but have a lil bit lately for christmas gifts adn some commissions I got from the local glass shop...well during all the hubbaballoo around the $400 heart pendant on ebay I decided heck I should try to make some of those I never had tried before and they were pretty...so off i went ended up making 5 last night but only 4 were ok...lol the first one was a well it was a blob lol I completely recommend typing and searching for orrza on ebay ! Beautiful hearts thats for sure :) And Orrza is now joining us here on WC as well!:) so anyway Here are my Orrza inspired hearts!

Suz01
12-09-2004, 04:39 PM
Wow, I love the underwater bead, but that second one is AMAZING!!!!!!! Gorgeous work, and unnusual.

Suzanne

Great work everyone!! I especially love the long cylinder Jennifer! I have no luck with enamels. LOL maybe one day!

Here are two I did last night. The sea life bead is called Sunken Treasure, it has a sunken ship. Can you guys tell? It was kind of hard making it. And the other one is called The Glades. Cause I live in Florida and it just look so Everglady. I am so excited I was able to pull off the Heron. I am going to try a flamingo soon! LOL HUGS TO ALL!

SPIglass
12-09-2004, 07:22 PM
WOW! Gorgeous stuff everybody!!! I don't think I've posted these two here yet...a new "Space Paisley" and an encased tab with red poked dots. Hope everyone's having a stellar beadie day. I sure am!! :D

--Paulette

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Dec-2004/10616-spacepaisley1.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Dec-2004/10616-spacepaisley4.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Dec-2004/10616-elementalillusion1.jpg

CarolS
12-09-2004, 07:54 PM
Rachel - beautiful sets, I love both color combinations
Steffi - great beads, the gold is really nice
Jeff - great work as always!
Jenn - that set is just gorgeous!
Here's a little Christmas cheer from me:
I love your Christmas beads! May I ask what color green that is? It's exactly what I've been looking for.
Thanks!
Carol

Foofaraw
12-09-2004, 08:12 PM
Wow, I love that set. May I ask what colors you used? It looks like light brown over ivory, but what did you use for the dark ones?

Thanks everyone for the comments!! It's actually medium gray over ivory etched and that is just black etched.

zim
12-09-2004, 10:20 PM
Great show and tell everyone!! :clap:

Amaya- I love the underwater bead and that heron is amazing (even my husband who's eyes glaze over when I show him beads said WOW!!).

~Donna :D

amayita
12-09-2004, 10:36 PM
Great show and tell everyone!! :clap:

Amaya- I love the underwater bead and that heron is amazing (even my husband who's eyes glaze over when I show him beads said WOW!!).

~Donna :D

Thanks bunches!!!! I was amazed when I pulled it off! I never thought I would be able to make beads like these! I have them up on ebay right now so wish me luck!!!

Great work everyone!!!!!

pearsonglass
12-10-2004, 12:31 AM
Jennifer,

The stoppers are from woodcraft.

Iona
12-10-2004, 06:50 PM
Great work, Amayita, I love the heron bead,it's great. Iona :)