PDA

View Full Version : **DAILY WASH** ...... THURSDAY 9th DECEMBER..2004

laudesan
12-09-2004, 02:00 AM
5.00pm

Can't find the invites, have sneaking suspicion they accidently went into the Garbage, which went out last Tuesday.. :crying:

Hope they let us in with our Photo ID Drivers licence..

Took Dogs for walk, Forresstt saw another dog not on a lead on the side walk.

He got excited backed into me, tripped me up, and this old blankedy blank woman, (well she is grey) laughed. I was NOT impressed. If she took her dog for a walk instead of letting him out to poo in her neighbours yard this wouldn't have happened.

I am REALLY sore now, my back and knee are killing me. :( I am nearly in tears actually..

Lulu
12-09-2004, 02:32 AM
((((Poor JJ))))

Where are you going that you need invites? I'm a bit out of touch...........

Been a busy day here, didn't get out of my jammies until 3 pm when I went to the gym! lol
But I got lots done and crossed off my list. Also been painting this evening.

Last evening we went to our grandaughter's end of year school church service. Her mum (my dil) is principal at the school, and I was so proud of them both! Mollie looked gorgeous in her school uniform:) (she started school 6 wks ago). Monday night is the school prize-giving so will go to that too. Michael, our son, is also a teacher (at a different school) so will have to go to an end of year function there too.

Am off to a bbq tomorrow evening, hope summer has arrived by then! lol
Getting awful wind around the country here, am sick of it.
But I haven't got a bad back, I haven't got staples in my knee, etc so can't complain:)

Hi to all yet to come, and to those who might have posted while I've been typing this:) :wave:

laudesan
12-09-2004, 02:47 AM
Hi Lulu We are off to the Carina Leagues Club for an invite only Dinner.. :rolleyes: I forgot about it until today when they rang to ask me if Alan had any food allergies..;)

You forgot to mention that you spent a good hour on the puta with me this morning helping me set up my new TRADE ME.. (http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/show_member_listings.asp?member=632990) Auctions.

Thanks again Lulu.. ((hugs)) Have fun at you BBQ tomorrow night..

Yorky
12-09-2004, 03:04 AM
Morning all :wave:

Dull murky morning here, but quite mild.

Went to Ormskirk Artists last night, competition for a painting on theme of "a splash of colour". Lazy me just stuck in my Arley Bounty (crab apples) painting and another bright floral painting. An abstract "splash of colour" won - what a surprise :D

Afterwards we sketched a still life consisting of two wine bottles, one on a chrome wire stand, two glasses, two corkscrews, and a poinsettia plant. Quite a challenge in around 90 minutes. I finished it off but had problem waiting for the paint to dry. Not one of my best :rolleyes:

Teaching at U3a again this morning - sounds as if I'll be doing it again in January, there is a long list of "oldies" waiting to learn how to use the PC, Word, email and the internet. I think it is great and will open up a whole new world for them.

Should get Ruth's car back from the body shop this morning after I scraped it on my lat visit to U3a :rolleyes: Had a call from the power steering company too, they will return my reconditioned pump on Friday at a cost of 150 around a eighth of what the Subaru agents wanted. Car should be back on the road by Monday - David will be pleased.

Good luck with the sales, JJ - looks like your getting together a professional outfit there.

Bye for now - brekky time!

Doug

Lulu
12-09-2004, 03:08 AM
You forgot to mention that you spent a good hour on the puta with me this morning helping me set up my new TRADE ME.. (http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/show_member_listings.asp?member=632990) Auctions.

Thanks again Lulu.. ((hugs)) Have fun at you BBQ tomorrow night..

You're very welcome JJ. I hope you have some success there too.

Hi Doug :wave:

Kate Mc
12-09-2004, 04:02 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Dec-2004/21440-20514-22284-good_morning.gif

We've been really busy here, catching up from our trip and then an exhibition and then houseguests and getting Christmas boxes off to the US. Whew! Now I think I can take a little time for my cyber-buds. I've really missed you guys!

I've given up trying to catch up from almost a month. What I've gleaned is that Scott's sold WC and that Barb and Kev and Arnold are on the mend. I'm hoping that Pat and Judy haven't kicked me out of the Flippin' challenge.

JJ, it sounds like you're going professional with the framing. You go, girl!

Doug, you're teaching at a U3a? Good for you! Computers, though, and not watercolors?? You could do both, IMHO.

Lulu, I'm always surprised when I realize that your seasons are the reverse of ours! A BBQ! Brrrrr...it's -2 here today! Enjoy....

I'm off to see what's in the Gallery. Have a great day!

Kate, who's glad to be back.

Roun2it
12-09-2004, 06:16 AM
Mornin' each,

Well feeling a lot better today, got a little sleep last night.

Yippee, got my brushes wet yesterday, now to try some of the creative juices on a poem.

BBL.

What's that, Scott has sold up? I don't know away for a week. Must go and read, reading is hard at the moment, concentration is not that good, so I've put off going back to read things.

Anyway I'm feeling a lot better, thanks for the white light, I think there are others who need it more than me now, so please concentrate your thoughts towards them now, thanks :wave:

djdedman
12-09-2004, 06:18 AM
GOOD mornin Washuns
Just wanted to drop in and say hello. Put a few holiday decorations & lights outside yesterday with sons help. Unable to put lights on top of house. Neighbors homes looks just absolutely beautiful.
Have tree up but not decorated yet, hopefully can do that today, if I can stay awake. :D
Mailed out Christmas packages to family, still need to do cards. Looks like I am late this year.
Kev, so glad your surgery was a success, wishing you a speedy recovery.
Congrats JJ
Wishing all a great day.
Jackie

CharM
12-09-2004, 06:30 AM
Good morning Washers! The temp is just above the freezing mark in SW Ontario and I can't hear any wind blowing... too early for sunrise... I had a post all typed and for some reason, after hitting reply, everything froze and I couldn't even copy my response... grrrrgh....

After driving home for 5 hours from Springfield yesterday, I was pooped... My DH insisted that we drive to Windsor to Costco which put me in something of a surly mood... BUT (smart man that he is), he had a plan... It seems that Costco had French Box Easels on sale (practically giving them away), which is what I've been trying to buy for our eldest son for Christmas... everyone has been backordered for weeks... woo hoo! I now have his Christmas gift!!! (snagged this pic from ebay, but this is what it looks like...)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Dec-2004/20514-easel.jpg

ML... sorry to read about your escrow woes... congrats to Joyce!!!

Kev... hope you're taking things slow... impatience will not help you heal... wetting your brushes is good...

Em... I loved your Tropical Tree!!!

Pam... that's what the season is all about... awwwwh... ((()))

JJ... sounds like you're going to be framing up a storm!!! Congrats on setting up the Trade-me account!

Nurse Lulu... :wave: seems you were in the right place at the right time... I'll bet the Mom was grateful for your help!!!

Doug... good for you! Teaching computer skills can be a little trying, but it DOES open up the world for people... after my mother got her computer, she was almost like a whole 'nuther person!!!

Hi Katie... I think the word for the day is "missed" 'cause we've certainly missed you too!!!

Don't worry about the lights, Jackie... It's the spirit and thought that counts... (we have never put lights on our house, either)... :D Hope your feet are better today...

Posting ahead of Syl, which is a surprise... so... :wave:

How's your back, JoAnn???

Sending good thoughts to all and white light to those who are hurting...

Uschi
12-09-2004, 08:31 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!! Gray sky!

I was soooo excited last night I almost started the wash at 11 p.m. to tell you about it, between the 4 ex-colleagues who were here yesterday evening, they bought 15 of my little prints!!!!!! They thought the prints were gorgeous!!!! Apart from that the evening went very well, they came at 5;00 p.m. right after work and left just before 11:00.

Tonight 3 out of town friends (Kitchener) are coming over, we are going for supper and then coffee and cake at my place. One of these three took my litle prints to work so am all excited to hear about that. It all sounds very promising for the summer market place!!!!

Char, that is a beautiful easel!!! He will be VERY pleased. Glad your business trip is over and you can be nice and cozy at home.

Jackie, my next door neighbour's house looks lovely too, I am too lazy (busy :rolleyes: ) to put lights myself this year. Lots of hugs for you!!!!!

Kev, I guess it'll take a while to heal, that's a lot of staples, but then singing and dancing!!!

Doug, got to give these "oldies" credit to start on computers. Even with my little knowledge, I can't imagine starting to learn at this stage, was lucky that we were introduced into it a bit at the time, in the office. Glad your car stuff is being sorted out.

JJ, yes, the initial outlay is expensive but worth it in the end. Glad you got the wholesale thing going, sure is a lot cheaper.

Hi Lulu and Kate!!!!

Mary Lou, isn't it frustrating when things don't go as they should. Did you enjoy the Scotch???

Pam - OHHHHHH, almost a year since we met in good old Arizona, was soooo nice!!!!

Well, everything from last night's entertaining is still sitting there so I better get dressed and clean before Flo arrives.

Sending good thoughts to one and all and :wave: greetings!
Uschi

Nacre
12-09-2004, 08:35 AM
:rolleyes: Good Morning washers , awake at 4:00 am and couldn't go back to sleep so thought I would pop in and see what is happening here on WC.
Think it's time to start getting into the Christmas mood, seems some of you have had decorations/trees up for a while so must dig out the decorations and get a festive mood going .We have a few inches of fresh snow which looks christmassy.
Sounds like those who have been away for ops. are on the mend which is wonderful. Will have to check later and see if Kev was up to painting and poeming.
Well coffee is calling so must get my caffeine fix. :wave: to all fore and aft
Keep well and Happy, ((( Hugs ))) and Prayers

Strawberry Wine
12-09-2004, 08:36 AM
G Day Washers:

I have had a really tough time with my e-mail program this past week so if anyone has sent me an e-mail and I did not respond, please re send. I think I mentioned last week that I was receiving hundreds of e-mails in my inbox which ecalated into the thousands over the weekend. Was on-line for hours with different techs. Yesterday, I uninstalled McAffee spam killer. My son, deleted all the e-mails from the server and this morning I logged into an empty box. Here is hoping that the issue has been resolved. I will wait a week and then get in touch with McAffee again.

End of rant !!!!

Kev, so glad to hear that you are on the mend.

Char: Great find on the easel.

JJ: Poor thing, ouch !!!! and congrats on the Trade Me account. Fill me in on that by (dare I say) e-mail

Jackie, I am just getting my cards sent off too.

:wave: Kate, Lulu and Doug.

Cheers,

Gail

:wave: to Uschi, (congrats on the sales) Is this the idea you had for St Jacobs?

:wave: Aunt P too

laudesan
12-09-2004, 09:13 AM
I am tired!! Dinner was very nice........

Alan took me for a drive after dinner to Tingalpa to see the gorgeous Christmas lights. It is a bit early as some are still setting theirs up, but we shall do the XMAS Light Bus Trip again this year.

Was so beautiful last year!!

When we got home I hunted out a couple of sets I had and wanted to go out and pu them up, Alan said no way!! It is after 11.00pm ;) So tomorrow then..:)

Hi Gail glad your email woes are over.. **fingers crossed** I have never liked Macafee/Norton, they have always ended up causing problems in folks putas' one way or another. Their program is just too unstable.. :(

Hi Kate.....welcome back Honey.. Looking forward to the word of the day again..:D

Kev there is enough white light for you too until you stop hurting.. Must go see if you posted pic and poem before I go to bed..

Thanks Jackie.. I know it is the wrong time of year to be selling at Auction, too late now, but was good to set them up so I know what to do next time. Feb I think is the time I was told to start up again..

(((Char))) Lovely easle tho' .... He will be thrilled..:) Yep I figured it was MUCH cheaper to do our own framing, especially when nice framing is as low as 2.00 a metre..

Now Alan has to figure out how to build the frames with the least wastage..
We will buy the glass cut, I don't want glass shards everywhere with all my critters..:) I don't want Alan slicing himself either..

Woohoo Uschi cangratulations. Way to go girl, I am not suprised they are selling like hotcakes, they are beautiful prints!!!

Hi Aunt P ....so glad to see you.. (((((back at you))))). Have fun putting your lights up. Have you not got Grandkids or Grand neices and nephews who would like to come and share in the fun??

Well it is now 12.15am.....

Going peek-see the boys Challenge and go to bed.

Huggles all

White lights to those hurting..

Jackie did you go to the Emergency Clinic??

Wonderful JoAnn, must have been a bad muscle spasm.. Glad you are pain free..

Little Old Lady
12-09-2004, 09:15 AM
Greetings :wave:
It is a miracle! I took a pain pill yesterday morning. Back pain went away and hasn't come back!
Congratulations Uschi on sales!
Running late so good wishes and vibes to all.
Have to get presents ready for family we adopted fron church, then board meeting and resale shop this aft.
Have agood whatever!
JoAnn

laudesan
12-09-2004, 09:25 AM
Was going to put this up there^^ but when I edited, it wouldn't let me..

LET IT SNOW!!!!!

I MADE MYSELF A SNOWBALL
AS PERFECT AS COULD BE.

I THOUGHT I'D KEEP IT AS A PET
AND LET IT SLEEP WITH ME.

I MADE IT SOME PYJAMAS
AND A PILLOW FOR IT'S HEAD,

THEN LAST NIGHT IT RAN AWAY
BUT FIRST ....IT WET THE BED..

Roun2it
12-09-2004, 10:25 AM
Hi all,

Well that kept me busy, just finished the challenge stuff and sent it to Chris, so when he gets home, or gets the chance it will be up and running.

I've got a little time now so will go and have a read at what I missed, Haven't looked at last weeks challenge yet!!

BBl

pampe
12-09-2004, 10:53 AM
Thurday Tidbits

(((KATE)))

JoA...glad you are better

JJ...why are you selling on that site instead of EBAY, jes wondered???? Good luck with them!

Char...I saw that easel at COSTCO....steal of a deal

Hope to paint today....yesterday was shippiny day for Christmas gifts and paintings....need to order more canvasses also...but I think I;'ll wait till after the new year.

KEV...glad you are making progress

Doug...you are the :envy: of all with your high tech networking!!! And congrats on the award :clap:

Did you all see that DIANNA PONTING is also coming to teach at the 2005 MONTANA gathering? WOOT! Her pastels are amazing!!!!

Have a great day

P

Yorky
12-09-2004, 11:10 AM
Hi Pam,

Just to clear up a misunderstanding - i didn't win the "splash of colour" competition - it was won by an abstract (as expected).

According to the weather forecast you should be knee deep in snow by now? Norway will be like home for Hap ;)

Wish I could join you im Montana 2005 :envy:

EDIT: Forgot to say we got Ruth's car back from the bodyshop this morning - in pristine condition. It's my job to see it stays that way for the next 2 years when we hand it back and get nothr one.

Doug

JudyL
12-09-2004, 11:40 AM
Hideho everyone! Today I walked to the bus and went shopping at the Mall. Lovely time! I have really have finished my Christmas shopping, except for Jack, and he hasn't told me what I am supposed to get him this year yet. Sometimes he goes out and buys it and tells me to wrap it, no fun. I suspect that this year the gift will be the trip to California. I went to M&S and got the cutest stuffed animals for the Grandkids, they are lovely soft and squishy. The gifts for the North Carolina bunch will have to be mailed, but that's ok, they should get there before New Years. The others will go in my suitcase. But unwrapped till we get there. This time I did not get lost walking home from the bus stop. Must be time to go home.
One good thing, my back is feeling MUCH better, looks like heat and Excedrin is working! And maybe a little gentle walking too.
Tomorrow we leave, and I will be ready, this place is beautiful, but if your not in a class, there's not much to do really.
JJ, good luck on selling your art work, let us know how Alan does with the frames. He might have his own business sometime.
Happy Christmas to all, my time on this machine is limited, since it is a shared computer.
JudyL

Christie
12-09-2004, 11:44 AM
Morning All!

Just a quick visit before I plunge into work again.

Jackie, you are a step up on us for decorating. Have not done a thing yet!:D

JJ, glad you had a god time at the dinner. We have bus tours of the lights around here as well. Lovely to see especially with the snow falling.:)

Doug, I am glad that you have all your electronic stuff up and running now.

Gail, I have also run into problem with McAfee on client's computers. Frustrating isn't it?

Ooops, work needs me.

Take care.

artmom
12-09-2004, 12:46 PM
Aaaaargh! It's raining and raining and raining! We're under Flash Flood Watch and we're supposed to get thunderstorms later today! We have had more rain already in December than we normally get all month and are expecting lots more. :eek:

Erin (vestalqueen) were going to meet up tonight, but decided we'd postpone it. Hopefully, the weather will be a bit better on the next date!

We usually put our Christmas decorations up this weekend. Don't know how many will get put out--all the grandkids are busy! LOL

Happy to hear that most of our Sick Room folks have moved into the Recovery/Rehab Room! Hugs to all, no matter which room you are in!

May your today be better than your yesterday!

Lyn

droll13
12-09-2004, 01:30 PM
Hi folks,

Just want to second Lyn's comment about being happy to see Sick Room inhabitants moving into the Recovery Room.

I just spent 5 hours working on my website. (Now that I've straightened out my printer quality issues, I'm offering prints of my photos.) I have no idea how to price the prints, so i just took a stab at it. If you get a chance, stop by and let me know what you think - your reactions & opinions would be helpful. Guess we'll see how it goes.

Gotta dash off now.

BBL

Cathie Jones
12-09-2004, 02:00 PM
Hi Washeroonies! Just popping in to :wave: to everyone and let you know I'm still around . . . still spending my time in the Drawing/Sketching forum. Jackie is there, too, and Connie - and caught a glimpse of Vasil yesterday. It's a friendly place, you should stop by for a visit sometime!!! :D

Kev, good to see you. Hope you're feeling better!

Have to get back to work . . . see y'all later . . . XOXOXOXO

Starsprite
12-09-2004, 02:22 PM
YEEE HAAAAAA!!!! :D Just got two packages from the UPS man....both filled with Christmas presents for myself....from myself!! :D One was from Cheap Joes Art Store.... I got an Arches sample pack of paper..larger than what I normally use, and 15 yes 15 large tubes of DaVinci paints!!!! Now I'm all set!!! Plus they sent me a free 20 well plastic pallette and a Holiday Music Sampler CD...will have to check that out and let you know..

Anyway.... had to tell someone!!!! And I knew you guys would understand!!

Have a great day!!! White light to those that need it!! :)

Nacre
12-09-2004, 02:30 PM
Hi Aunt P ....so glad to see you.. (((((back at you))))). Have fun putting your lights up. Have you not got Grandkids or Grand neices and nephews who would like to come and share in the fun??

:p Not within a 12 hour drive I haven't. do miss them. Won't see any of them at Christmas either as the mountainous roads are horrendes this time of year.

Europa
12-09-2004, 03:16 PM
EVENING WASHGANGEROOS!!!

Well I got woken up this morning with a phone call from the hospital - seems the swabs they took hadn't been labelled properly so could I come in and have them done again - grrrrrrrrrrrrr. This now means that instead of going in on 13th December I will probably now be going in on 20th - good job its only a day thing - i wouldn't like to be in over Christmas (been there - done that - DIDN'T buy the T shirt)

JJ - hope you are feeling better - and you Kev - glad it all went well for you.

Talking of pressies - I can't get hold of a flaming Playstation Slimline PS2 for love nor money - seems the freight ship is stuck in the Panama (or Suez?) Canal - so told Jamie he may have to wait till after Christmas as I am not running around like a blue ar*ed fly for one. They do have new ones on e-bay but by the time you have paid the postage etc it ends up costing nearly twice as much. Anyway its not like I haven't bought him other stuff so that should keep him happy.

He hasn't started buying his pressies yet - I warned him that if he does what he did one year (not even buy me a present) then I am going to keep the ones I bought him for myself (never mind its better to give than receive!!!...lol :evil: :p )

TMTRTI so will wave :wave: and send hugs and love zooming around.

Off to see the gallery.

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!

Love and hugs

Pat xxx

Starsprite
12-09-2004, 03:25 PM
What a dilema, Pat...about the Sony Playstation2 slimline. Hopefully the freighter will get unstuck soon. :eek: Why do you think I buy myself gifts????? Cuz that's the only way I get any!!! LOL...kids sure never think of getting me any...though the youngest is really great at "making" me things at the last minute.

Just put the Cheap Joes Blue Ridge Mountain Holiday Sampler CD on the player and .........it's not bad....but is very very bluegrass.... something my mom and dad really like...so I think I'll give it to them!!!! Another present taken care of...LOL :evil: :D

Sharon Douglas
12-09-2004, 04:37 PM
Pat,

I wouldn`t bother traipsing round the shops for one either.
My friend visited today and she was complaining that she couldn`t get one anywhere, from the sounds of it she`s tried everywhere too.

I`ve been busy cleaning out the kitchen cupboards making room for all the christmas goodies today :D
Other than that the whole house is still a building site, hopefully it should be finished by Wednesday :clap:
I hope so I`m going to order carpets tomorrow,(For fitting next Friday) and the new beds are arriving next Saturday :clap:

That leaves me a week to get the whole house sorted for Christmas :eek:
As long as the carpets are laid and the beds are in the decorating will be done after new year :D

Anyway, I`m off to tidy around before bed.
(((((((((((((((((see you tomorrow)))))))))))))))

laudesan
12-09-2004, 07:59 PM
JJ...why are you selling on that site instead of EBAY, jes wondered???? Good luck with them!

I couldn't work out how to do the Ebay stuff.. :o Trade-me is easy and it is close to home so less postage and their pricing is excellent..

BUT if anyone wants to help me with EBAy.. hint.....hint..... Isn't it a bit xxy tho'???

Hope you got your paints wet kiddo..
Doug glad you got the car back tip-top. Now STAY AWAY from those busses.. :p

Christie aaaaaaaaw, I wanna come back to Canada. Snow, Christmas lights Bus tours.. :envy:

Lyn we too have had more rain this month than is the norm', AND flash flooding because of it. And because the Council had not maintained the storm drainage systems, they were blocked up causing more problems for folks. One underground car garage flooded to the roof in 10 minutes... We are forecast for rain for a few more days yet.

I love the rain, but not too much too quick.. We still have minor flooding too, but can't fix it until it dries out..

Dave your website is fabulous!!!!!!!! Easy to use and it grabs you.. Well done.!! :music: And I can get into it.:music: I am going to get a professional; one done up for myself in the new year. Wish I could do it myself, but it is beyond me..

Sprite LOL... For yourself ....from yourself.. :D ENJOY !!!!!!!!

AUNT P .....sorry your family is a distance away from you. Hmmmm I can see the pitfall of the snow too..:( Well you are in my thoughts and I will be with you cyberly when you do the decorating, just think of me standing by your side singing ........:music:Ho-Ho Meeeeeeeeerry Chriiiiiiiiistmas........You'd better watch out, you'd better not cry, you had better not pout, I am telling you why, Santa Claus is coming to town :music: :D

I have a parachuting Santa that is sound activated, and when ever you shut a drawer, backdoor, clap, he sings and wiggles his feet..:D

Oh Pat what a bummer.............BUT the 20th is my Birthday, SO IT IS GOING TO WORK ..........LUCKY DAY.......:D

Presents........I can't tell when I last had a Christmas Present.. But I usually Do get birthday pressies..;) Speaking of which I must send Tania an email reminding her we still need to go shopping like she said..:p

:wave: to everybody..

Love youse..

Huggles and white lights too..

pampe
12-09-2004, 08:45 PM
what's xxy? So few views on that site though :(

laudesan
12-09-2004, 09:33 PM
what's xxy? So few views on that site though :(

Pricey....... I thought folks were saying ebay is expensive to post on, especially if you want the extras' and theya re needed to get your auction noticed..

Lulu
12-09-2004, 09:58 PM
So few views on that site though :(

Might be compared to E-Bay Pam, but it's the bids that count:)

mr sandbanx
12-09-2004, 10:31 PM
Here I am at the wrong end of the wash again...

Was not coming here at all tonight, tired from the challenge stuff. Cutting and pasting is not for me... I am terrified I will mess it all up, and I will sooner or later.

Hi to everyone who was here and who reads this later on. taking daughetr back to school tomorrow night for her exams... five hours of driving!! Not looking forward to that but will take my bluegrass tape and my brand new Playstation Slimline PS2 along to keep me company... LOL.

Better go stretch some paper now.

Seeya
:wave: :wave: