PDA

View Full Version : morning suspended

themanda
12-08-2004, 11:43 PM
just sittin' around waiting for the xanex to kick in...

48x24 acrylic on canvas

MountainSong
12-09-2004, 01:04 AM
Bleak. Now I understand the xanex! *L*
Killer title - love it!
Oh, one more thing - Real nice job on the sky! Really.
Bravo :D

ArtistJensen
12-09-2004, 04:19 AM
Very dramatic sky. A lonely "waiting" landscape.
If I may suggest anything I would like more variations in the colors. More debth and variation in the colorscheme will add to the drama. A bit of red and yellow here and there, but just small subtle touches.

May I do a little digital touch up on your painting to give a clue about what I mean? It's up to you. I will not do it if you don't want it.

wiscojaydub
12-09-2004, 08:10 AM
amanda..all your pics have a edward scissorhands(Tim Burton) ambience to them..it is fun and inspirational. :) jaydub :wave:

ejfarrae
12-09-2004, 01:59 PM
man. i love this.

ThurmanHubbard
12-09-2004, 02:43 PM
Isolation is cool :clap:

Bisco
12-09-2004, 04:35 PM
Xan works relatively fast for a benzo. :rolleyes: :wink2:

Tamana
12-09-2004, 07:28 PM
Just hanging out in the wind and cold waiting for Spring to kick in.
Such desolation...and yet hope of a known change: cyclic.

pearlgirl
12-09-2004, 08:45 PM
While you wait for the Xanex to hit I'll wait for the Aropax!!!!

This is a brillantly suspenseful painting. I think that the simplist of representations are often the most powerful. Your painting says so much with so little to distract the viewers critical analysis. NICE INDEED.

BohemianRaspberry
12-09-2004, 10:46 PM
Suspended... what a perfect word for the feeling this piece lends. Your use of nieave lighting (sort of Rosseau-esque) kind of gives me the feeling of viewing a stage set and waiting for the actors to take their places to begin the scene. A sort of Shakespearean barren heath. I like it. I like it alot.

-Nic

chandlerjr
12-10-2004, 12:18 AM
just sittin' around waiting for the xanex to kick in...

48x24 acrylic on canvas

Amanda,
Love the stark quality of the painting--I have felt this way many times. Has a tranquility about it that is hard to describe.

However, forget the Xanex though--have your doctor prescribe Librium. You keep your cognitive abilities fully intact, can drive heavy machinery, but you don't give a SH*T about anything--nothing upsets you. Rx drug of choice for thinking people with anxiety! My boss hates it when I'm taking my Librium--I do great work, but I spend all of my free time thinking up ways to irritate him (gives you courage to :evil: ).
Larry C.

ArtistJensen
12-10-2004, 02:53 AM
Amanda I've had another good look. Forget my last comment about the colors. Given the title and your idea with this painting the gray, colorless, lonely, sad feeling of your pallette is just what does it. I like it as it is Amanda. Great, sad and lonely painting. Good work.

Mirek Sledz
12-10-2004, 05:32 AM
Great landscape! Remind me scenery to Hitchock films :) :p

themanda
12-10-2004, 11:18 AM
xanex kicked in and kicked my butt straight to bed. (prolly where i needed to be anyway, after a month of no sleep.)

mountainsong--i was going for bleak. actually, when this started, i wanted it to be bright and cheerful and not how i was feeling, but it clearly didn't work. i fought and fought with canvas until i finally gave in and painted what wanted to be painted.

vikingking [first comment and second comment]--i'd be more than happy for you to play with this and show me your ideas. i'm always open for that...you don't ever need to ask. i can see how this piece could take on a different feel with the addition of some colors and would love to see your interpretation of it. what was once and evolve into what will be...

jaydub--i greatly admire tim burton, so thanks for the compliment!!!

ej--thank you so much. :D coming from someone with such talent, i'm very happy to hear that!

cableman--yes, it can be. it certainly can be.

bisc--xanex is my new best friend. gonna make a little christmas present for xanex. sing little songs to it.

tam--spring seems soooooooo far away.

pearlgirl--let's hear it for the SSRI!!! let's see...it's xanex and lexapro for me. :D i'm so glad you liked the painting.

bohemian--thank you! it's so odd...i feel quite a lot that i am painting stage sets. so much of my work is actually *on* a stage framed with velvet drapes...those puppet series paintings that never seem to end. very, very odd indeed.

larry--then i'd be a very dangerous lady on librium! i already have too much of a habit of saying and doing exactly what's on my mind as it is. :D hopefully i'll only be on the xanex long enough to get through to when the lexapro is built up in my system a bit more.

mirek--thanks! and no hanging people! no headless puppets! :D

chandlerjr
12-10-2004, 04:36 PM
Amanda,
All kidding aside, unless your doctor tells you otherwise, take Lexapro about 3 hours before bed time. You will sleep like a baby! You can contact me via e-mail if you want. MountainSong will tell you I'm "okay"!
Larry C.

Tamana
12-10-2004, 07:11 PM
tam--spring seems soooooooo far away.

:D

But inevitable as a daily sunrise. ;)

OMG! I thought you were talking about Zantac or whatever it's called!! That stomach acid medicine!!!

Carfa
12-12-2004, 02:32 PM
I like the way you made this picture and the sky is great…

MountainSong
12-13-2004, 01:40 AM
Hey There Themanda Woman,
Yep, Larry is A-Okay. Great Guy actually. Was going to PM you that, but your PM thingy is de-activated. :D

ArtistJensen
12-13-2004, 04:27 AM
Hey, Larry is not only OK.
He's the best!
He bites a little but he is really nice LOL.
Trust me!

themanda
12-13-2004, 11:59 AM
ah, thank you all so much. i don't doubt for a second that larry is anything other than a top notch fellow. :D i'm doing much, much better and keep getting better with each day. i think the lexapro is giving me a headache, but other than that everything is just getting rosier and rosier.

:D

chandlerjr
12-13-2004, 05:14 PM
Hey, Larry is not only OK.
He's the best!
He bites a little but he is really nice LOL.
Trust me!

Viking King,
I have only bit once and it was only you--plus I have had my rabies shots. LOL :)

muchfoolishness
12-13-2004, 07:20 PM
its a beautiful sky