PDA

View Full Version : Too organic?

sinatragal
12-08-2004, 11:30 PM
I got a little too carried away with the silver and copper ruby frit tonight. (Thanks Val! =0) I threw in a plunged floral and the silver had it's way with my flower! This is one of those "I can't tell if I'm facinated....or....repulsed beads.) I like organic beads vs. bubblegum colors personally, but is this one going to far? I need to find a great bead to make a large set of. Not sure this is worth multiple hours of torch time. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! And don't worry....I can take it! :rolleyes:

love, Kim

Kim Angers beads on E-Bay (http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQgotopageZ1QQsassZflamebeadsQQsorecordsperpageZ50QQsosortorderZ1QQsosortpropertyZ1)

ValorieCox
12-08-2004, 11:43 PM
Great start...and no, there is no such thing as 'too organic'! :) I like that you added some realistic details (the flowers) into an abstract background...you can make this work!

Going forward you might want to give a little breathing room in your background. Maybe instead of covering the majority of your bead in an abstract frit pattern, you selectively place your color so that only 2/3 of the bead is covered in the organic pattern, and some other color or pattern emerges from deeper within the bead, or perhaps allowing your base color to show through on one side or end a bit more. Then when you add further details such as your flowers, there is more to catch your eye.

The colors are nice, though just a punch of a third color (such as a rich bronze, metallic blue or very dark green...I can't see quite what your base color is) would add a nice contrast and further interest. Nice barrel shaped beads and the flowers look like rich California poppies to me...I'd love to see more of the poppie look and style, they are quite interesting. Keep going and have fun!

Val