PDA

View Full Version : Wed. Nite Owls S&T

gwacie
12-08-2004, 06:21 PM
Looks like it's time to start a night thread (with more than 35 photos in the daily, we night owls need to get busy tonight!!). I'll start with part of a recent black and white set just to get the ball rolling...now post those night owl pictures, gang!

CorvetteJuliet
12-08-2004, 06:43 PM
Gwacie - Simply Divine! I love it. :)

Here's what I've been up to.... "PLUM PARFUMEE"

Listenup
12-08-2004, 06:53 PM
Well, this was supposed to be a gift for the hostess of a holiday party I'm going to on Friday, but what a vendor sent as striking red (not a WC vender) turned out to be striking yellow, so I guess I have a head start on St. Patric's Day.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Dec-2004/35044-christmas-wannabe.jpg

-Kay

JavaGirlBT
12-08-2004, 06:59 PM
Bethany, those look black and blue to me - some of them, at least. Is it my monitor? In any event, they are wonderful.
Juliette, plum parfumee is divine.
Kay, that sucks about the yellow not being red, but I think you have a very springy bead there. Nice!

hotflashwanda
12-08-2004, 07:11 PM
Gwacie, it's a little early to be a "Night Owl"! :D
Your set is awesome, very meticulous dotting and twisting.
Juliet, the plum set is beautiful--which violet is that?
Kay, the good thing is the party hostess can wear this bead all year round and surely will!
Javagirl, perfect pillows require much practice, I've found--you've obviously been doing that!

MistyCherie
12-08-2004, 07:38 PM
Here's what I've been up to.... "PLUM PARFUMEE"

Beautiful beads everyone! I had to comment especially on Juliet's beads! Yummy! Do you make those with a certain press or are they hand formed? (The square ones gave me a really nifty bead idea--and I'd like to know which press so I can get it!)

*squish*

-M

AMR GlassWorks
12-08-2004, 07:57 PM
Bethany just gorgeous!!
Juliet...yummy!
Kay I think it's still pretty!
Ellen...flawless!
Here's mine from yesterday. Burning Embers and the colors that Corina has been having fun with lately! :D Both sets are done with the mini pillow.

CorvetteJuliet
12-08-2004, 08:54 PM
Kay - Still, it's a great bead! If you need a rod of striking Red or Lauscha clear red (no striking necessarry) - send me an IM. You're not too far from me and maybe we can figure out a way to get it to you in person. :)
Ellen - Wow, that color! Beautiful speaking out for itself!
Anne - that second set is just dynamite! And as bright too!

Thanks for the kind words. :) I won't let it go to my head. :wink2: I made the beads using Zoozii's new Duo Tile/Tab press. I just love the flat tab shapes. It's definately replaced my Zoozii pillow with most favorite press status. :cat: Edit: forgot - the base color is Moretti, I think it's #272, but I'd have to check the glass stash at home to make sure. First I rolled it in Val's Lavendar frit (#0) and then of course I used Raku (#1). The Lavendar and the plum glass seem to get this light/dark streak thing going. :evil:

MistyCherie
12-08-2004, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the kind words. :) I won't let it go to my head. :wink2: I made the beads using Zoozii's new Duo Tile/Tab press. I just love the flat tab shapes. It's definately replaced my Zoozii pillow with most favorite press status. :cat: Edit: forgot - the base color is Moretti, I think it's #272, but I'd have to check the glass stash at home to make sure. First I rolled it in Val's Lavendar frit (#0) and then of course I used Raku (#1). The Lavendar and the plum glass seem to get this light/dark streak thing going. :evil:

Cool! I have that press on my wishlist. I have been banned from getting any tools until after Christmas. DHTB has been giving out my wishlist to family as gift ideas for me. However, having to wait is driving me crazy!!!!! (Sometimes I think I'm the most impatient person in the world!)

*squish*

-M

Linnea
12-08-2004, 09:52 PM
Great stuff,,, Love the blue pillow's soooo much. That tool is on my wish list :D Here are my newest beads

BeadBraker
12-09-2004, 12:50 AM
Here's mine....my first try at swirled roses. I like it but I have some work to do on the technique.

Nancy B in IL

Sanveann
12-09-2004, 01:08 AM
Nancy, I think they're just gorgeous!

BeadBraker
12-09-2004, 01:38 AM
THANKS! The photo is showing them on a 1/16th mandrel, and the beads are not overly large.

I sure learned a bunch.

What I learned: when you stab with the stringer and twist, then snap off:be sure to MELT the snapped off part so it rounds over. You can see in the photo that I didn't do that.

Put down the leaves FIRST...duh, I know, but I didn't do it.

Streaky pink glass is awesome. (happy sigh)

Nancy B in IL

Zooziis
12-09-2004, 02:22 AM
There are a lot of great beads and Juliet, you are doing that Tab/Tile Duo justice for sure!

Ellen, your Pillows are textbook perfect!!

Ann, all that going on and done with the Mini Pillow. I humbly bow at your feet. That is the most interesting set I've seen in those, now "famous", colors! Great job!!!

I'm glad I looked before I went to bed!

Gracie, your black and white set is very swank!

Kay, that is a bummer, but you still have a swell bead, and another day to make something for the "holiday" season!

Cathie those Blue beads are beautiful! I love blue...why don't I have that color in my wardrobe? I need to go shopping. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Nancy, if that is the first try I can't way to see what some technique practice brings! Great job!!

Going to bed...thanks for the 'bedtime story'.....