PDA

View Full Version : Saab on Maple St.

wolvenp
12-07-2004, 10:29 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-07-2004/30122_woodlandmound_ptg_pict_of_me_with_Remb._portrait_019.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Saab on Maple St.
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 8x10
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
The turn signal is more red than appears, providing complement to the overall green.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Colors too boring?? Needs splashes of red (there is some in there)?

bluemagoo
12-08-2004, 02:02 AM
how did the others miss this.?
hey yall. look over here..what i found.
a nice little painting.
at first i thought... is this really an oil painting.?

so nice. it looks like part of a story.
could you post bigger or sections?
i dont think it needs any dashes of accents.really

Wayne Gaudon
12-08-2004, 07:37 AM
Of anything you have done lately, this is by far my fave. Absolutely fantastic .. darks are dark without being dark dark with the play of green and red working to max.

And Paul, if you are finished with my car please return it. :D

Rabbit Twilight
12-08-2004, 07:45 AM
This is fantastic Paul. I love what you have been doing! These remind me a bit of an old type of photo, I can't remember the process but they had this really unique soft look. Very pleasing. Of course your paintings are better than any photo. They really create a nice mood.

Tamana
12-08-2004, 07:48 AM
Very exciting Saab!! :cool: Great greens...as for the red, perhaps a tad in that distant bush at the house's edge? Does look like an old photo.

earthbot1
12-08-2004, 08:24 AM
the curves of the car fit nicely next to the curves in the building. Vintage excellence.

MarkMark
12-08-2004, 09:05 AM
Agree.. Very nice feeling to the painting and nostalgic too. I dont think it needs more colour at all I think the palette works very well

katelynalain
12-08-2004, 10:34 AM
this is beautiful. the lighting effect is great..i could keep looking at this. there's nothing dull about it. its like a foggy dream or a memory of far away travels (the whole scene makes me think of india, or vietnam..) see what you've done with an image of a car??

shirleyq
12-08-2004, 11:16 AM
This is fantastic Paul. I love what you have been doing! These remind me a bit of an old type of photo, I can't remember the process but they had this really unique soft look. Very pleasing. Of course your paintings are better than any photo. They really create a nice mood.

My thoughts when the image loaded! :) I really love the palette here and would not change a thing!

Andrew Rance
12-08-2004, 12:29 PM
The colours are beautifully subtle, with the orange providing a striking contrast.

Gilberte
12-08-2004, 01:02 PM
Certainly one of my favourites of yours too. Perfect foliage and their shadows ! If you repeat the red of the turning light it would make it less interesting I think and certainly no red geranium :p (you'd have to sell it cheaper ... )

jerryW
12-08-2004, 03:53 PM
lovely
gives me shivers and jollies at the same time
how sensitive this light is

haaf
12-08-2004, 06:06 PM
Paul
great powder painting
no clue how you do that
the Saab.... well something to save up for
In the Czech republic where we were posted before Belgium, I fell in love with the Tatra, model comparable to this Saab, only way bigger, in the olden days the communist bobo's were driving that car. Only sensible to buy an old one like that if there is some technical expertise in you........so, helas
Caroline ;)

wolvenp
12-08-2004, 09:13 PM
To be honest, folks, I took the photo of this with the ptg on the floor, unframed, so I was a little shakey. It looks a bit softer than it is; I should wait till framed before photographing.
Wayne, you dont really have a car like this, do you?
Melanie, are you wanting to look at details blown up? By the way, I like "Lazy Porch."
I was a little inspired by Randall Sexton, CA painter known for scenes like these.
Thanks, everyone, for comments.

dornberg
12-08-2004, 11:39 PM
i like the composition of color shapes