PDA

View Full Version : Political Inspiration

ThurmanHubbard
12-07-2004, 09:15 PM
I did this one about a month ago. Full title is "Politicians Irritate Me" so called because it was finished on election night. It's another acrylic, 24x30 canvas, with 4 or 5 layers. You can't really see the knife marks and scratches from the final layer. I guess scanners can't pick up everything. It also scanned a little brighter than the original. Again, please ignore any flaws from my re-combining the various scans used to build this image. :o

A slightly larger and better version of this image will eventually replace the lower quality photo on my website. :cool:

Edit: larger image available at http://home.triad.rr.com/cablehunter/Politicians%20Irritate%20Me.htm

Smileawhyl
12-07-2004, 11:37 PM
Glad you posted the link to the larger piece. Looking at the picture in the thread left me rather uninspired, but seeing it larger and clearer is quite a different perspective. In the smaller version the reds and black seemed more disconnected but the more I look at the link, the more this piece carries a tune and seems more interrelational.

wiscojaydub
12-08-2004, 12:14 AM
Cablehunter..Pray..do tell..whuts so irritating about politicians? Besides the fact they all lie and cover their rears. Yeah i can feel the angst-er in that pic. :D jaydub :wave:

shinobi
12-08-2004, 05:22 AM
WOW! A lot going on in that. Cool piece! :clap:

Tamana
12-08-2004, 06:47 AM
Good scratch work. :cool:

ThurmanHubbard
12-08-2004, 05:18 PM
Thanks everyone, for the gracious comments. This one started out with something totally different in my mind. I never could get my original idea to come together and in the end wound up pretty much throwing the paint at it and slashing with the knife. You see the result....And to think, I started out trying to convey peace and harmony. :evil: