PDA

View Full Version : Arnold-back

Arnold Lowrey
12-07-2004, 08:55 PM
Hello Everyone,
Thanks so much for all the well wishes i have recieved. The By pass has so far been a success I came out of hospital yeasterday afternoon - 1130 hrs GMT Tuesday, 7th December. . I understand Joy has kept you up to date.
many of the ops tere were far worse than mine which is a great humbling experience.Gren Jones, a great friend ad the cartoonist in the local newspapwer sent me one of his personal "get well " cards. I will again frame the original. Note the painting in the top right hand corner.
My pal, Nicholas Siimmons, phoned me again last night just at the right at the perfect psychological moment to ask how I was and I caught him knapping because i was there in person to speak to him.
It gave me a great lift to "chew the fat " with him and laugh and joke together. Laughter is such a great healer
Arnold
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Dec-2004/47691-Gren_UHW.jpg

Grainne
12-07-2004, 09:03 PM
Hey Arnold!! So glad you are able to be online so soon! :) That's a wonderful sign that things are going to go swimmingly for you, I am sure. Just take it easy and cooperate with the healing process. I can share with you that a slow and easy recovery is the key to healing from major surgery as I have had two in the last 2 1/2 years. Before you know it, all this discomfort will be a memory, and you will have your health restored. Isn't modern medicine a true blessing? I am sure all the prayers and well wishes from around the globe have weighed in on your experience as well.

Looking forward to your sharing more with us——but not too soon! :)

Take care,
Grainne

maltman
12-07-2004, 09:23 PM
Arnold,
Welcome back!
Brian....(Man of little words)

toyam
12-07-2004, 09:25 PM
So glad you are home Arnold!! :clap:
take care of yourself

Bonnie R

Christie
12-07-2004, 09:27 PM
Arnold! Welcome back! I have been following your progress in the other thread. Glad you are doing so well.

Pars
12-07-2004, 09:42 PM
Welcome back, Arnold. Good that humour reins in your house!

Waiting patiently for your first post-Op painting, and thrilled you are well, fit and posting.

raian
12-07-2004, 10:13 PM
Good to see you back! I hope your recovery continues to go well. You are home in time for the holidays, so enjoy them and do take care of yourself :)

Starsprite
12-07-2004, 10:19 PM
Hi Arnold..and welcome back!!! Glad to hear your surgery went well and you are feeling better. :) I enjoyed the cartoon card your friend gave you. :D

Johnnie
12-08-2004, 12:14 AM
Hi Arnold

Welcome back and nice to see you so chipper and laughing. Must hurt to laugh huh ?? Dont laugh too hard you might unzip that new zipper you have down your chest.. lol

Joy kept us all up to date on your goings on. Very nice of her.

Nice to see you back. So take it slow and enjoy.

Johnnie

Rod
12-08-2004, 12:21 AM
Good to see you back Arnold,

Rod.

Ellen in Ont
12-08-2004, 01:28 AM
Welcome back Arnold :D
Rest and get better fast. Have a happy holiday now that the worry of the surgery is over.

juneto
12-08-2004, 01:45 AM
Welcome back! It's all those prayers and good thoughts that got you here so soon I'll bet!
Good to be home again too and glad it's over.
Hope you have a wonderful Holiday and Rest.
Best Regards June :)

WTPDOSA
12-08-2004, 02:46 AM
Hey Arnold! Welcome back. Its great to hear from you so soon. Please get the much needed healing rest. I'm sure we will see your new works soon enough. The most important thing right now is the healing process. The sooner you heal, the better off we will all be! Take care. :wave:

Yorky
12-08-2004, 03:51 AM
Welcome back, Arnold - wonderful card :D

Doug

laudesan
12-08-2004, 04:50 AM
What a terrific card Arnold..:)

Welcome back, glad all is well at your house !!!!!!!!

Cheers..

painterbear
12-08-2004, 05:16 AM
Welcome back, Arnold. So glad your recovery is progressing so well. It must feel good to be home.

Your friend's cartoon is very funny and well worth framing and hanging where you can see it whenever you need a chuckle.

Sylvia

Tanilba
12-08-2004, 05:18 AM
Welcome back to wc Arnold,
Great Card and one of many I'm sure.
Regards Glenda

NHArtist6
12-08-2004, 06:10 AM
Glad to hear that you are on the mend, Arnold. I look forward to more of your phenomenal output. It always brightens my day!!

John

BobH
12-08-2004, 06:54 AM
LOL ... I bet you startled Nicholas!! It's great to hear your recovery is progressing so well and you're in good spirits. Take care of yourself. Can't wait for that first post-op painting.

ps love the card :D

DavidBR
12-08-2004, 07:45 AM
This is fantastic news that you are out of the hospital and on the mend. Don't rush into anything, though I'm sure you'll be thinking up some great compositions for new paintings. Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery.

Uschi
12-08-2004, 08:01 AM
Wonderful to have you back Arnold!! I am soooo glad everything went well!!!!
Uschi

Bejay
12-08-2004, 08:53 AM
Hi Arnold, so pleased to see your cheery face on my screen again, sounding so happy, take care now :)

artmom
12-08-2004, 08:58 AM
Arnold, I'm happy to know you're home and healing!

Lyn

Rosa Weitzel
12-08-2004, 11:00 AM
Welcome back, keep well. Loved the cartoon.
Rosa

Nacre
12-08-2004, 11:07 AM
Welcome back Arnold . looking forward to your paintings in the gallery again.
Prayers for a speedy recovery.

jaytee
12-08-2004, 02:15 PM
:wave: :wave: Hi Arnold........ good to hear you are home safely and all still going well......

Loved the cartoon :)

Gilberte
12-08-2004, 02:15 PM
Get beSTEST as soon as possible X 10 !!!!!!!!!!!

andylavallee
12-08-2004, 02:26 PM
Hi Arnold So glad all went well, Welcome to the Zipper club :wave:

Olga
12-08-2004, 02:52 PM
Welcome back! Glad to hear you are recovering after the operation and hoping you'll keep on getting better quickly!!!

Best wishes,
Olga

vasilkadifeli
12-08-2004, 03:33 PM
welcome back Arnold :wave:... nice to see you are at wetcanvas and posting again...

nes7827
12-08-2004, 05:39 PM
Yes, Arnold, you certainly startled me. You even sounded more coherent than usual, which makes me wonder how you were medicating yourself before the op, heh heh. Don't spend too long getting back up to speed, because we're all gaining on you....KBO, Nick

(That guy's a great cartoonist, we need to get him syndicated over here...)

pampe
12-08-2004, 06:15 PM
WELCOME BACK, Arnold

So glad all went well and so nice of your wife to keep us informed!

Jacek
12-08-2004, 06:20 PM
Glad to see you are back, Arnold!! It is so good that you by passed your illness :wink2:

artdreamer1
12-08-2004, 08:15 PM
Was very happy to read that everything went well for you. Glad to see ya back. Fantastic cartoon--had quite a laugh! Have a happy holiday; you'll be better in no time(but don't rush it....).

Michele :wave:

mel-o
12-08-2004, 09:55 PM
welcome back!

mel

Arnold Lowrey
12-09-2004, 06:16 AM
Many thanks to you all for your good wishes.
The sincerity is bubbling out of all of them.
I browse through your details ocaasionally, when I have time and am amazed, not only of the variety of places you all live but the enormous career choices that have given you this imput to art
Art is one of the 4 great enquiries in life
Science, theology. phylosophy and art. What we do in life comes from these directions and give the extraordinary realities that are applied
Many thanks again ( I guess I have been whittering again!)
Arnold

CharM
12-09-2004, 06:40 AM
So glad to have you back in the fold, Arnold!!! Your musings are always appreciated... :D :D :D You've been missed...

Dake
12-09-2004, 08:05 AM
So good to see you back in such fine form Arnold, I know I shared a common thought with so many people here around about the time of your operation, that thought being one harmonious wish of good health to you.
It's a rewarding experience reflecting on the solidarity we are so fortunate to have foound here. It would be a fine thing to be able to all get together sometime for a drink.
David

Arnold Lowrey
12-09-2004, 08:27 AM
So good to see you back in such fine form Arnold, I know I shared a common thought with so many people here around about the time of your operation, that thought being one harmonious wish of good health to you.
It's a rewarding experience reflecting on the solidarity we are so fortunate to have foound here. It would be a fine thing to be able to all get together sometime for a drink.
David
Hello David
That would be the meeting to end all meetings. But thiink of what would have happened if there was no internet
I rhink we have to thank Scott a lot for dreaming this up
Arnold

NodakerDeb
12-09-2004, 09:10 AM
Arnold,

It is so great to see your posts come through WC again! :clap: Don't push the envelope too hard so soon after your surgery, but then again, don't sit in one spot and collect dust. You build strength by taking one step more than you should each day :)

LOVED the cartoon, and esp. the B/W D'Arnold in the upper right corner. Thanks also for posting a painting in the gallery. I suspect we were all suffering some serious Arnold paintings withdrawal. :eek:

Deb