PDA

View Full Version : Drawing Tablets

Nemesis
12-07-2004, 09:46 PM
I just bought a brand new drawing tablet- an Intuos 6x8. It works well, but here's my problem.
The tablet came with a trial version of Corel Painter 8, which seems to work well with the tablet, but I have no idea how to use it. I'm a photoshop man myself.
However whenever I use any tablets with photoshop, the brushes and lines are always... crappy. For example the lines are always choppy and squiggly no matter what brush I use. In Painter this problem goes away and I get nice smooth lines like I see in other digital paintings. Is there any way to make photoshop brushes that work like the brushes in Painter? Or will I just have to learn painter and deal with it? W

Elvira
12-07-2004, 11:01 PM
No they should work just as well with Photoshop you may have to work with the Intous setup. But I'm sure some of the Photoshop users will have an answer for you. But do play with Painter it is a fun program, but remember it is a natural media program so they will act differently than Photoshop.
Edie

Nemesis
12-08-2004, 07:05 AM
Thank you-

yes, any fellow Intuos/Wacom tablet users, I would appreciate your insight.

mrjazz
12-08-2004, 07:23 PM
Yes you can get smooth and consistant lines with photoshop, you must choose your brush and then set it to use pen pressure, which you can find under window> brushes or hit F5 and then choose shape dynamics and for control select pen pressure.

keishamari
12-11-2004, 10:43 AM
Yes you can get smooth and consistant lines with photoshop, you must choose your brush and then set it to use pen pressure, which you can find under window> brushes or hit F5 and then choose shape dynamics and for control select pen pressure.

Here is a picture of where you go to adjust...You can play around with all the settings.
:)

Another thought...One thing I really love about my tablet vs. a mouse is that I can sit the tablet on my lap and work that way. It is a much more comfortable way to work.