PDA

View Full Version : Hugs for a blue monkey

artbyjune
12-07-2004, 02:26 PM
This may be a WIP as I may add to it. Maybe!

Its acrylics, 12 by 16 ins. Russet hand-made paper. Possibly the photo is not very good of it. I'll attempt another photo of it in daylight tomorrow.

Painting....due to a hug and kiss I got years ago from a baby monkey....Not as colourful as this one though!! Just an ordinary brownish macaque.

Colours here are inspired by the colourful Mandrill monkey/baboon.

Comments welcomed :wave:

PALudeking
12-07-2004, 04:05 PM
Very nice ...inspiring!

Smileawhyl
12-07-2004, 11:27 PM
I find this charming and very soothing.

MountainSong
12-08-2004, 12:33 AM
Adorable and heart warming!
Perhaps I'm biased from a little wild Spider Monkey experience in the Honduras Highlands - but then again perhaps this painting just flat out emotes a charm and tenderness readable to all. Good job! :D

Tamana
12-08-2004, 06:45 AM
I see you've gone from OP's to Acrylics on this one. Still retained the vibrancy of color, imho.

I really like the subject matter of your work and by design how you capture the entire canvas in the motion of the gestural movement. The palette choice triggers the emotions you're desiring to portray and enables the viewer to feel an actual part of the circumstance via their eyes.

Nother good one.

This series you're doing...is it going to be a different medium for each?

artbyjune
12-08-2004, 01:58 PM
Very many thanks for the positive comments on this. Pal, smile, mountain, tamana.

Just feeling my way into this subject at the moment...

May switch back & forth between OPs and acrylics. And maybe combine the two in a mixed media also.