PDA

View Full Version : editing a painting for Christmas

Londondeon
12-07-2004, 01:04 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-07-2004/44933_wc_Christmas_card_2004.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: editing a painting for Christmas
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Oil
Surface: Board
Dimension: now very small
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Remember this painting. I put it on line on Veteran's day. When I had finished the painting I decided to use it for my Christmas cards which I make on Adobe Photoshop. I digitized the photo. Changed the size from 12 x 36 to 8.5 inches wide to fit on photo paper. I zoomed in to the pixel level on a new layer and created a wreath on the hood of the truck. When I was happy with the digital drawing of the wreath, I flattened the image and made it into Christmas cards

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
So Merry Christmas everyone! The wreath is not really on the painting. The painting is still intact. But it makes designing Christmas Cards easy. Does anyone else do this and why not post some? Beore and after?

Gilberte
12-07-2004, 01:40 PM
This is soooooooo pretty ! Your friends and family will be happy to receive such a nice card.
Reciprocating your wishes !

Spyderbabe
12-07-2004, 02:51 PM
I'm working on my card now.... the only thing I did in Photoshop was add the color border but thats because I 'm not ver good in PS>..... before color printers I once did a black and ****e sketch and then hand colored some holly berries into each card.
I'm toying with the idea of adding some text in PS to my Deer Christmas card this year.
I like what you've done here with the wreath.

Artistanne
12-07-2004, 02:56 PM
This looks great, I remember the original painting, it makes a great card. I will probably use my "Cabin" painting for a card (if I do cards this year--I am so lazy!). I'll probably just print them out on nice heavy watercolor paper and not bother to add in any text--it's a snow scene so that is Christmas-y enough. Bah humbug! :evil: Just kidding, I'm just lazy...I mean busy... :D

Mikey
12-07-2004, 05:40 PM
This make a really good card. I justy can't help wondering how that car on the right can be just left there to rot.

Mikey

Andrew Rance
12-07-2004, 08:15 PM
I remember this from when you posted it a while back - its a really stunning painting, and the wreath idea is a real winner. It deserves commercial success, IMHO.

Tamana
12-07-2004, 08:29 PM
Fantastic.