MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-07-2004/5946_wintertree.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Snow For Caroline
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Oil
Surface: Board
Dimension: 11 x 14
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
Here is my most recent treatment of snow .. a little different than last year's but better I think.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
??

haaf
12-07-2004, 01:18 PM
Wayne
yes.........better indeed
nice light as a weave through
bold
light blue and dark browns ......a favorite combo
(I wish we had snow here, we are slowly moving here during the day in a misty grey soup like atmosphere....creepy weather)
and....THanks man!
Caroline;)

Gilberte
12-07-2004, 01:36 PM
Again those cream and buttery brushstrokes and just enough orange ...

Wayne Gaudon
12-07-2004, 07:42 PM
thank you .

here is another .. I'm trying to get a medium that works for me using wax to kill the sheen but it's a slow process of elimination .. mix this .. mix that .. bla bla .. tonight's mixture was way off from where I am going so it's back to the drawing board again. It works well with the knife .. the biggest drawback to wax is the drying time so I have to get a handle on that as well ..

Did this tonight while messing with a Tom Thompson work .. 11 x 14 Oil On Board. Not to worried about the painting at the moment as I am concentrating of working out my medium.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Dec-2004/5946-tom.jpg

Tamana
12-07-2004, 08:28 PM
Love the loose application of the first, Wayne - like drifts of painted snow...

The palette in the second is wonderful. The eyes shoot straight-through to that blue-ridge parkway of mountain range that so reminds me of the Carolina's...

haaf
12-08-2004, 02:32 AM
The second one is smashingly splendid!
both in comp as color
Caroline ;)

Gilberte
12-08-2004, 03:06 AM
Oh Wayne, It must be your wife cooking with lots of vitamins ........ where do you get this energy from .........you work, you paint ... you work, you paint.

Lovely autumn mood in this one !

LisaArt
12-08-2004, 03:35 AM
OH wayne, Love the snow, yes better. Nice strokes
The second one is really smashing. Like the bright oranges here. :clap:
LOLOL :D Gilberte's comment about your energy and wife's cooking. I agree, you can really pop these paintings out. And all in oil too..WOW. It takes me so long to finish an oil paitning.

Wayne Gaudon
12-08-2004, 06:21 AM
thanks all .. actually, I cook dinner as I am up for work at 4:30 am and I get home at about 2:30 PM so I am home first. Most times that means I get to make dinner. However, my wife is wonderful and she does 95% of the house work so that leaves me time to paint. I do the dirty things and she does the softer things. It's wonderful for me.

It also means I usually pass out before 10 pm LOL

Wayne Gaudon
12-08-2004, 06:21 AM
thanks all .. actually, I cook dinner as I am up for work at 4:30 am and I get home at about 2:30 PM so I am home first. Most times that means I get to make dinner. However, my wife is wonderful and she does 95% of the house work so that leaves me time to paint. I do the dirty things and she does the softer things. It's wonderful for me.

It also means I usually pass out by 10 pm LOL

earthbot1
12-08-2004, 08:21 AM
Strong paintings. The color and brush work are very bold.....I am also impressed with that signature....how'd he do that?

Wayne Gaudon
12-08-2004, 09:16 AM
how'd he do that?
thanks,

LOL .. nail punch as a pen. .. wg scribble scribble ..