PDA

View Full Version : My first post!

jmalcorocho
12-07-2004, 10:53 AM
Hi everybody,
I joint to wetcanvas last august but until now I have not posted anything because I don't have an Internet connection at home and I need to use that of my job. I started with watercolours and drawing with charcoals last year. I haven't had any art experience before. I found your website looking for something in the web about watercolours. First, I only visited the website to admire the paintings posted trying to learn something for applying to own paintings. Then I decided to join the club. I must say that Wetcanvas is an excellent website for all arts and I have learnt a lot of things from the artists. Congratulations!!! :clap: :clap:
Today I have decided to post one of my first watercolours. It comes from a picture taken from an art book. Size: 21 x 40 cm; Paper: Canson 300 lbs; Paints: Van Gogh. I know that I have to dark the sky but all your comments will be greatly appreciate.
JM

mr sandbanx
12-07-2004, 11:05 AM
And your first merit point...

Welcome Juanma! :wave:

You will enjoy yourself here for sure.

Nice painting.. no nits for your first go at it.

Someone will show you around, coffee is on the upper lobby.

Chris

Yorky
12-07-2004, 12:34 PM
Welcome to the watercolour forum, Juanma, your painting is terrific!

I love the intense colours, and sympathise regarding the sky - sometimes pale blue doesn't scan very well.

By the way paintings are usually posted in the Watercolour Gallery, but we forgive newbies, we're only too pleased to see you posting. Try out the uploader too, it makes it possible to scroll down when replying to take another look at your painting. You can find it at the top under Quick Links.

I look forward to seeing more of your paintings.

Doug

vasilkadifeli
12-07-2004, 01:44 PM
Hi Juanma, and welcome to the watercolor forum :wave:... your painting is really wonderful :clap:... very nice and loose style... and you say you are just a beginner :rolleyes:...

Europa
12-07-2004, 03:33 PM
Welcome Juanma - glad you could join us - am sure you will have a lot of fun here - I really like the looseness and bright colours you have in this painting - am looking forward to seeing more of your work as you progress. :D

Pat

BobH
12-07-2004, 03:43 PM
Looks terrific to me! Lots of bright, saturated color.

You'll love it here, JM. Welcome!

laudesan
12-07-2004, 07:46 PM
A HUGE Welcome Juanma from me too !!!!!!!!!

Absolutely delightful painting. Look forward to seeing more indeed.

like Doug says if you use the UPLOADER (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166978) we can see your picture in the reply window as we reply, and we can comment in more depth..

Have a look at the links in my signature for more help.

Rod
12-08-2004, 12:29 AM
Welcome :)

Gorgeous bold colours , look forward to seeing more posts,

Rod.

WTPDOSA
12-08-2004, 02:54 AM
Juanma,
Welcome! Its nice to see a browser join in and post such a lovely painting. Congratulations for your first post. I'll be looking for more of your works.

WTPDOSA
12-08-2004, 02:56 AM
Juanma,
Welcome! Its nice to see a browser join in and post such a lovely painting. It has a sort of plein air feel to it. Congratulations for your first post. I'll be looking for more of your works.

jmalcorocho
12-09-2004, 03:18 AM
Many thanks to all people. I've just seen the image uploader in the quick links. I'll use it next time. Yorky, ski is pale blue and it doesn't scan at all. I don't know if there is a way to scan it better.

Juanma