GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Three Ladies
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 24 X 30 inches
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I posted a similar watercolour some time ago.
Thought I'd reinterpret it in acrylic.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any view welcome

Spyderbabe
12-07-2004, 11:20 AM
yin and yang braided

Wayne Gaudon
12-07-2004, 12:02 PM
very nice .. wish the background were pushed back a touch but that is only artistic choice and not necessarely important. Great smooth coloring.

angela
12-07-2004, 12:26 PM
i really like your style. i agree with wayne about the background, but is fabulous as is too! the color scheme is really good...the play between warm and cool colors. great stuff.

Tamana
12-07-2004, 08:21 PM
Beautiful flow of palette and subject entwined one with the other's surroundings. Earth and air and water and people...

gayatrimanchanda
12-08-2004, 09:11 AM
Thanks for looking, everyone.

Wayne, I'm not sure what you mean by "pushing back" the background.

Wayne Gaudon
12-08-2004, 12:19 PM
Gayatri

I mean making it receed into the distance instead of pushing to the forefront.

Example: If you mute your colors they lose value and intesity and naturally will recede when beside the full colors. Put a piece of see through plastic over your painting and then mix up your background colors of orange and purple. Then add some of the purple to the orange and some of the orange to the purple. Then add some white to each to further drop the value. If you apply those colors to the plactic over your backgroud (your new orange over your old orange and your new purple over the old), you should see your figures pop forward and stand out instead of sinking into the background colors.

gayatrimanchanda
12-08-2004, 12:53 PM
Thanks Wayne. Yes, I have kept the colours here a bit flat. So the figures merge a bit too well with the background.

Will keep your point in mind.

jerryW
12-08-2004, 03:55 PM
I would go for the center figure having drapery that touched or went past the bottom of frame at lest partly and off centeredly.