GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: By The Beach
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Glass
Dimension: 12x16
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is a piece I was referring to in a book I am using to learn more about landscapes/seascapes. Any thing you would like to share with me would appreciated... Thanks

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any constructive criticism welcome ..I am new to this and this is like the 3rd piece of work I have done..

Mikey
12-07-2004, 09:48 AM
It's a nice job overall, so now to improve what you've done so far. You've got the mountains distanced nicely, although you might want to make them a little bluer. The building needs to be a bit less saturated with colour, with maybe a touch of blue in there to distance that as well. You wil also know that things tend to look smaller due to receding perspective, so this applies to both waves and plants as well as buildings. But I'd like to encourage you by saying it's not possible to learn everything overnight, so please do keep on posting and we look forward to seeing more from you. The more you paint the better you become.

Mikey

Spyderbabe
12-07-2004, 11:36 AM
Nice job! Mikey gave you lots of good advice. I would add that the distant horizon doesnt appear to be level.
I hope you post your next piece here! :wave:

angela
12-07-2004, 12:29 PM
good advice from mikey about the perspective. i like the repeating shapes in the water and on the land...great color!

Tamana
12-07-2004, 08:23 PM
By the beach is a lovely place to be...the merging of two worlds: land and sea. You've already received a good critque so I'll just say it's really great for your third piece. Hope you persue it and hang out a bit. :)