PDA

View Full Version : Frozen in heaven

Anonymous
12-06-2004, 10:14 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-06-2004/18021_Frozen_in_heaven1.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Frozen in heaven
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 30 x 24
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
None.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any.

Michael-Ann
12-06-2004, 10:27 PM
Beautiful internal rush imagery...more subtle technique, yet stronger expression. Fantastic movement conveyed.

Dhuot
12-06-2004, 11:48 PM
That is oils ????

Wow T..., it looks like pastel on paper.

Everything works so well in this painting. The dark areas are very good.

And the eyes with the yellow face.......good

This painting reminds me something ......hum ???

Gilberte
12-07-2004, 05:06 AM
The 7th heaven and Buddha.
Grabbing.

Tamana
12-07-2004, 08:11 AM
Michael Ann - :) Thank you much. The more subtle technique (for now) is required for the delicacy of canvas (in relations to how I work normally). Just getting my feet wet with a few new things in between a few other things. Art is as endless as the heart's imagination...

Daniel; Yes, all oils - just playing with a different application on a trampoline surface ;). I've been VERY disciplined with myself regarding my op's and not touched them lest I fall back into old habits before relaxing into the new. The day will come when they'll all be together on whatever surface I feel most inclined to harrass. ;) Have some details and a perspective shot, but it's pretty rainy and dark here - NOT a good pic. I'm glad you liked it, Daniel...this one's already dry and up on the wall. Never done that before - always contemplated...

Madame! :D I'm glad you saw the spirituality within your heart from looking at it. I wondered if it would have the same effect on people over the net as irl. "Frozen in Heaven" was a documentary that NOVA did regarding the discovery of mummies from the Incan Nation where heaven meets earth (mountain capps). Both royalty and the young females who were sacrificed by a massive blow to their head were discovered. I was so moved by one of the photos I saw this almost burned a hole in my heart until it got out.

Time is merely a conduit to the past and receptiveness to the energy the channeler; I truly 'feel' her spirit's a part of it. Wanted to see if it sparked individual spirituality in other hearts...

Thanks guys. Appreciate the support and encouragement always. :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Dec-2004/18021-Frozen1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Dec-2004/18021-Frozen3.jpg

Oops - forgot the perspective shot...sorry bout the flash -- dark dark here even with lights.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Dec-2004/18021-Heavennnnnnnnn_Im_in_heavennnnnnn.jpg

earthbot1
12-07-2004, 09:03 AM
Nice work and large scale. :clap:

haaf
12-07-2004, 10:27 AM
Tam
it's a sophisticated piece! and elegant
with hints of old thai silks textures and glow
I know you must feel good on this one

I think I've seen a Nat.Geogr. documentary on these frozen mummies, was amazed at how much was preserved of the fresh young look of the girls
, as a kid was mesmerized by mummies ( and shrunken heads I must admit)
in Leiden there is a splendid museum with a beautiful collection of mummies, nice place to spend an afternoon.
Caroline ;)

gayatrimanchanda
12-07-2004, 10:45 AM
The colours are fabulous and it looks great on the wall - where it's given a context.

Spyderbabe
12-07-2004, 11:06 AM
I got here late but just wanted to add that this is simply wonderful.

Tamana
12-07-2004, 08:17 PM
Wow guys, thanks for all the wonderful words of encouragements! :) :wave:

They all mean so much to me...

Asimo; Thank you. :)

Caroline; Thank you so much for that description - appreciate it muchly. The mummy I'm referring to was so very different than the others, which were royalty or designated sacrifices (discernable by their clothing etc.). When they excavated her and carried her down to the Village they named her Sarita, "after the great mountain which claimed her life." She was so tiny they thought she was an 8 or 9 year old but discovered by her teeth that she was 15. The report said that "Unlike some of the other mummies, which were dressed in royal Inca garb, Sarita died wearing very ordinary, everyday clothing. Still, she was clearly a capa cocha sacrifice. X-rays of her skull reveal that, like Juanita, Sarita was killed by a severe blow to the head. These were the chosen ones, offered up by their communities to please the emperor and the mountain gods. Laden with offerings, they journeyed to sacred peaks throughout the Inca empire. The children climbed higher than they had ever gone before, to windblown spires of ice and rock. There, where earth and heaven touch, they died.

Something about her simplicity and humbleness caused her to be chosen as she was and it went right through me for some reason. Makes you wonder if these girls knew they were actually climbing to their death with an executioner, or if they were merely told something else...

I should've been an archaeologist like I really wanted to be. ;) I've been burying and digging since birth practically. ;) It's one thing to revel in the exhibits...but I can imagine a totally different energy premeating through you to actually make contact with history first hand...could you only imagine? Phew. Our local Museum has a team I'm thinking of joining to just get my feet wet...you never know where something will lead.

Gayatri; Thank you for sharing your time and words with me. I'm honored that you chose to do such.

Kathleen; And I think you're simply wonderful, dahhhlink!! ;)

Thanks again everyone!!
~