PDA

View Full Version : The Hunter

roger41
12-06-2004, 05:18 PM
Hey guys, :wave:
How's it going.....I havn't been here in awhile. Thought that I would post this latest project of mine. It's a "cartoon" or pre-drawing for a much larger mural that I have planed. I've been doing what an old illustration instructor in College taught me to do...I'm just "letting it develope" :D The theme is based on a Mountain lion "hunting in the winter". I may continue the way it is or... I may just go in another direction....I don't know...just thought I would get some feed back from some of the forums.......thanks for looking and your comments :D

Roger

LarrySeiler
12-06-2004, 07:10 PM
the composition is interesting...and as long as this is a plan for what is yet to come on a mural, becareful on your eye alignment which is a bit off...one eye slightly higher than the other in relationship to their placement on the skull....

Larry

roger41
12-06-2004, 08:01 PM
Thanks Larry,
yes....usaully I use a grid lay-out for these catoons, to keep things ligned up well, but with this it was mostly freehand...hence the difference in the hight of the eyes....also the full bodied mountain lion is pigeoned toed.(hard to hunt that way) :p I'll work things out in more precise detail before I start the Mural..... the ratio will be 1"-6" so my mural will be 90"x120" and I'll use markers and ink washes......thanks again :D

AFM159
12-06-2004, 10:34 PM
cool Roger, thanks for posting. Larry's the wildlife expert, I have nothing real to offer, except to say it's cool and looks like fun! :)

Seems you're not the only one to be away for a while. Our little forum has slowed down considerably over the last month or two.