GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Red Eyed Tree Frog
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Watercolor Paper
Dimension: uhh not sure
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Im a very young artist, only 14 and i want to grow up and be able to paint professionally. I love watercolor and oil paints and i have only been doing watercolor for over a year. I think the white background might be too bright. Im not sure what to do with it.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I would like to know how i did on this peice. None of my family can give me good critiques on this peice. They glance at it and say o wow, its beautiful but i would like to hear a actual painter critique me about my work.

katelynalain
12-06-2004, 05:38 PM
Hi Tricia!!
welcome!! This is fabulous. you are so talented for such a young artist! i felt the same way when i was 14 about wanting to be a professional artist..and i'm still working on it. I think your frog is looking good. If you think the white is too bright for the background..you can try putting in a 'wash' around the frog. have you taken watercolor classes? i would experiment with different colors and ways of doing this on another piece of paper first of course!..you could add some dimension to the tree he's standing on by darkening the left half a touch and showing that it is round or textured too..but these are all options of things to try in the future or just think about. your frog is great as is!! keep at it and show us some more!
:clap:

haaf
12-06-2004, 06:48 PM
Good work Tricia
it's a friendly frog and maybe upto making some trouble, I like it when a character shines through
good advice from Katelyn
so paint on
Caroline;)

Frida200
12-06-2004, 07:05 PM
Hello Tricia, and welcome to WC!!!

Your frog is very good, I have to agree with katelyn and caroline.
I especially like the expression in his face and the shadows you put... under his eye, his chin, on the legs... great job. Katelyn has given some good ideas and nothing I could add to. I had exact the same suggestions on my mind...
:)
Please, keep posting. I am sure you will find this place very helpful. And it's also a lot of fun... you will see!

Claudia

Tamana
12-06-2004, 09:29 PM
Isn't it fun when someone else has critiques and we get to simply agree? :cool: ;)

Hi, Tricia :) (*notes to sign work prior to submitting anonymously*) ;) I'm just kidding. Glad you joined us.

This is sweet - especially the his body language. :) Michievous indeed, like a little boy waiting for something to capture his interest.

Michael-Ann
12-06-2004, 10:24 PM
You have an exceptional gift - your talent and your ability to recognize beauty...very nice work.

Artistanne
12-06-2004, 10:26 PM
Hi Tricia, welcome! :wave:

I like your frog very much, I especially like the colors you've used and the loose application of the paint. It looks like you just went in and painted it with no drawing first--really nice!

I like the way the white space ties the whole composition together. Good job, hope you post more work! :)

Gilberte
12-07-2004, 01:55 PM
Hi Tricia,
Good work. Try to get in some darks ...
Keep painting.

earthbot1
12-07-2004, 04:35 PM
that's a cool frog! Cool is older person word for good. Keep up the good work!

HRobinson
12-13-2004, 11:45 AM
It appears that you have "growed" up and are painting professionally now. Best. -Harry