PDA

View Full Version : "Year of Giving" Circle of Fire Gift Photos and warnings!

Pages : [1] 2

glassfreek
12-06-2004, 05:49 PM
Happy Holidays! Last week I asked if enough people would be interested in an exchange of gifts the whole year through. They all signed up so fast (less than a day we had 55 folks!) that it closed right away. We are trying to keep it to number of weeks in a year as we are making a gift, mailing it to a person randomly chosed by person who sent you a gift and so forth. We have 56 including me and it is closed! We now have a list than spans from Australia to Sweden, to Canada and the US, how exciting! All gifts must be handmade and use glass. We are going to post pics of each gift we get and warn the next person to be ready to mail their gift. We are trying to get around the circle and back by next Christmas (ha, I get the most suspense as I am last). Hope you all enjoy the "glass around the world tour" as we share our gifts. Already looks like something we should do every year!

Here is some "eye candy" to placate us til the first gift gets posted. My annual Lionfish on boro stand and my yearly Christmas Bass, this one's name is "Mistletoe Moe" he's got a mouth full of mistletoe, candy cane for the ladyfish, his festive Santa hat on... and romance on his mind, lol!

OH, BTW, ..................drum roll..............................the person picked by Roseanne for my gift, the first one who has to be ready as soon as a package can get there is.......................................................................
SARA...midniteburner!!!!!!!!!! Your gift has been mailed, you have been warned, the recipient for your gift is circled inside.......get ready!!!! :evil:
Thanks for all who are participating, I can't wait to see all the cool gifts! Hugs Deb Crowley

Lehcar
12-06-2004, 05:59 PM
Awesome eyecandy! I love fishies! ;)

Girlie~O~
12-06-2004, 06:11 PM
Deb, your fish are incredible!!!THUD :clap::clap::clap: Thank you for organzing this Deb!! :cool:

boheme'
12-06-2004, 06:31 PM
OMG - love those fish :clap: This is going to be so much fun.

Deb Cline

Mr.Smiley
12-06-2004, 06:50 PM
Hey Deb... I can't remember... is the gift suposed to be worth over or under $50??? I think it was over, but wanted to clarify.

Those fish rock... but you already knew that. ;)

This is going to be so much fun!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

gwacie
12-06-2004, 08:07 PM
Holy Cow, how did I miss this one! Congrats to all you lucky exchangers, I foresee some good eye candy out of this one!

dread
12-06-2004, 11:51 PM
You and me both Gwacie - I must have been under a rock to miss this one

midniteburner
12-07-2004, 12:22 AM
Your fish ROCK!!!!!

This is going to be a fun exchange!

Sara

glassfreek
12-07-2004, 03:27 PM
Thanks so much ladies!!!

Yeah, Brent, that was very snotty to say my own fish rocks...but he really does! I soooo wanted to keep him...but no time to make another right now in time for Xmas.....my beads kinda suck but even after 13 years I still LOVE making my fish ;) Yes, at least $50...my gift retails for $125. All your work rocks, BTW! Thanks!

Gracie and Deb R...so sorry! We filled up so fast...I thought it would take a week or so....sorry! We will do another next year...OR maybe you girls could start another one asap and Brenda is coordinating a web page for us, what do ya think Deb? I'll run one a year and you run one.....hmmmmmm.....you really should. We could maybe do both on the site (Santa sent her and Roseanne something from Oregon for their help!) Brenda, Roseanne, babes?

OH DEB R, buddy, ....I can't find your addy...I finally made you your fishy gift...please PM it to me again? AND, we got your gifts yesterday and put them under our tree....will open them on xmas....thank you VERY much, love ya!

Sara....I think you have 4 days :evil: ...bet it gets there Friday so be ready...make sure to announce (warn) the next person on here (the one I picked for you to give to) but NOT the one you picked for them!!! Hope that makes sense to everyone..there are step-by-step instructions with list ;)
I can't wait to see you "open" it!
BIG hugs everyone! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Deb

Girlie~O~
12-07-2004, 08:11 PM
Thanks so much ladies!!!

Yeah, Brent, that was very snotty to say my own fish rocks...but he really does! I soooo wanted to keep him...but no time to make another right now in time for Xmas.....my beads kinda suck but even after 13 years I still LOVE making my fish ;) Yes, at least $50...my gift retails for $125. All your work rocks, BTW! Thanks!

Gracie and Deb R...so sorry! We filled up so fast...I thought it would take a week or so....sorry! We will do another next year...OR maybe you girls could start another one asap and Brenda is coordinating a web page for us, what do ya think Deb? I'll run one a year and you run one.....hmmmmmm.....you really should. We could maybe do both on the site (Santa sent her and Roseanne something from Oregon for their help!) Brenda, Roseanne, babes?

OH DEB R, buddy, ....I can't find your addy...I finally made you your fishy gift...please PM it to me again? AND, we got your gifts yesterday and put them under our tree....will open them on xmas....thank you VERY much, love ya!

Sara....I think you have 4 days :evil: ...bet it gets there Friday so be ready...make sure to announce (warn) the next person on here (the one I picked for you to give to) but NOT the one you picked for them!!! Hope that makes sense to everyone..there are step-by-step instructions with list ;)
I can't wait to see you "open" it!
BIG hugs everyone! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Deb

Well, Deb.... I know myself, that I don't like to miss anything or be left out. SOOOOOOO, I can help/keep track of a 2nd group :wink2: Hey Brenda! You game, babe??? :D Let me know ladies :evil:

BGillen
12-09-2004, 05:35 PM
Two Websites, :eek:

I'll do my best to keep up. I'm game if you are.

BGillen
12-09-2004, 05:59 PM
OK, it's not fancy, but it's finished. I can polish it later. At least the link works.

Circle of Fire site (http://www.bluejakes.com/COF.html)

glassfreek
12-10-2004, 10:40 AM
Brenda, that web page rocks!! I love the fire on top and the chosen names in red...that is PERFECT! I can't wait to see a whole page of lovelies!!! Thanks you SO much, you are awesome!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Sara...the suspense is killing us...oh I HOPE you get it today! I hope you like it! ooohhhhhh.......Deb ;)

glassfreek
12-13-2004, 12:08 PM
Ok, Sara got her gift Friday and called me...what a sweetie she is! She said she was almost ready and would be shipping today....hopefully she will post pics of her gift soon and warn the person I drew for her gift.
Sara.........where are you Sara??? Hugs Deb

nicker
12-13-2004, 03:25 PM
That fish is really THE COOLEST! I so want to take a sculptural class! BUT I must be in the second one...is there a sighn up yet...huh?...Huh?....Huh?.... :confused:

Elena
12-13-2004, 04:52 PM
Oh please!! If this gets started up by someone I REALLY want to be included!!!E-mail me,,I am never under a rock,but I my be under paperwork,gardening,cooking, cleaning,torching,yada,yada,yada!! We all probably have the same list!!
I will try to keep my beadie eyes open !!
Always have fun!
Elena

midniteburner
12-13-2004, 07:42 PM
Well, I am the 1st to post the very first of many gifts for the "Year Of Giving". It's kind of like an award when you receive it. LOL!!! I think it was really an honor for me to get this wonderful clown fish from (none other than)
the "Glassfreak" herself, Deb Crowley!

When I went to the PO to pick it up, I had to open the box right there in the Post Office of Greer. I had every man in the place drooling!!!! :evil: :D This sucker is huge!!!!

Taaa Dahhhh!!!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Dec-2004/12611-fish.jpg

Sara

AMR GlassWorks
12-13-2004, 07:52 PM
Very cool!! I love my clown fish from Deb! :D

glassfreek
12-13-2004, 08:40 PM
Sara, glad you like him toots! Don't forget to warn the person getting your gift as soon as you can! Thanks Anne, you sweetie!
Hugs Deb ;)

BGillen
12-14-2004, 03:17 PM
Deb, what a beauty. I just love your fish.

I'm anxious to find out who the next person is.......any clues?

midniteburner
12-14-2004, 07:04 PM
I'm anxious to find out who the next person is.......any clues?

She has the same name as someone, who was rather famous for the company she kept. :wave:

Sara

AMR GlassWorks
12-15-2004, 09:34 AM
How about another clue Sara??!!! :D

glassfreek
12-15-2004, 11:51 AM
Yippee, this is too much fun! OK, Sara mailed her gift on Monday...she warned the person privately so no one worry (maybe we should post the warnings here so everyone knows it isn't them yet?)!!! I will give you some hints tho....she (a hint) has a last name the same as a part of your house (another hint),,,,,ha ha ha!
Hi, Elena, how is it going? Stop in when you can!
Thanks Brenda! ;)
Oh, this is great :evil: Hugs Deb

AMR GlassWorks
12-15-2004, 12:04 PM
Well I know it's not me then! My last name is a disease! :rolleyes: :p

Shawn T.
12-15-2004, 02:01 PM
Well it's not me, Turner is not part of a house.

Anybody have Roof as their last name? Window? Door?
So I give up and will just have to wit and see.
Actually glad it is not me, too much to do in the next week. :D :wink2:

Brenda the site looks Great!
Ro, thanks for helping.
Deb, you know I think your the greatest!

Happy Holidays to the Rest and someone send me 12 Elf's........... PLEASE!

midniteburner
12-15-2004, 07:02 PM
Well I know it's not me then! My last name is a disease!

Oh no :wink2: :D :D LOL!!!

Shawn: I wish for a few elves who could do housework! :wink2: :clap: :clap:

This game is so much fun :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I suggest that everyone send 2 warning notes. I sent an email to my recipient that she didn't receive or didn't realize that it was from a WC member. I'm so glad that I sent a second one!!! She responded with glee :D :D I think that she is going to enjoy her gift.

Sorry to Anne and Shawn that you weren't the ones chosen.

Hugs,

Sara

AMR GlassWorks
12-15-2004, 07:09 PM
Sorry to Anne and Shawn that you weren't the ones chosen.

Well to be honest, I'm in the same boat as Shawn and I'm really not ready yet!! :D I'm sure I would have loved what you are sending out though!!

Shadesongs
12-16-2004, 10:58 PM
She has the same name as someone, who was rather famous for the company she kept. :wave:

Sara
I just wish I had her $$$$
BRB

Shadesongs
12-16-2004, 11:02 PM
Guess Who, ME!! I got this AMAZING BEAUTIFUL RICH SET OF VASES in the mail today from the Lovely Sara!!!...okay, can't the photo inbetween words.
We got this old Hutch from a Menninite Farmhouse this past weekend and put the pretties that I had sitting on the counter, which only filled one side. So This got the place of honor on the other side. It looks GOREGOUS!!! My husband loves the rich blue color! I love the gold edging, gives it a regal look!!!
Off to get mine ready, and pick another name. I will drop her a PM to give her a heads up to get ready!

InsanityBeader
12-16-2004, 11:26 PM
OMG! Am I the only one that is just a wee (make that a huge "wee") bit intimidated by the gorgeous and skillful items being given??! EEEEEEEEEEEK!

SuzyQ
12-16-2004, 11:29 PM
OMG! Am I the only one that is just a wee (make that a huge "wee") bit intimidated by the gorgeous and skillful items being given??! EEEEEEEEEEEK!

No! I feel the same way. I'm hoping I'm at the end so I can have a year to get closer to this level.

Shadesongs
12-16-2004, 11:38 PM
I HAVE BEEN STRESSING ALL DAY ABOUT IT! Well most of the evening, since I got it! I am telling myself now to get over there and git it done!!! Just add in Christmas concents, working the next 4 days, with stained glass to make for family, and necklace orders.......stress, what stress!!!

midniteburner
12-17-2004, 05:56 AM

Susan and SuzyQ and others:

Please don't feel intimidated and get that pit out of your stomach. This exchange is so much more than just about glass. It is about giving love and friendship.

I have done other exchanges and love every present equally, regardless of the actual quality of the work. Ok, I really love my "early" NurseKatie ghostbead the most.

Now, lets get back to having fun!

Jerry: I am so glad that you and your hubby loved my gift! It is hard trying to make a "generic" gift to send to someone you don't know. I'm just glad I started early. Ok, I have procrastinated my entire life!!!!! LOL!!!

Hugs,

Sara

glassfreek
12-17-2004, 11:39 AM
[QUOTE=midniteburner]Susan and SuzyQ and others:

Please don't feel intimidated and get that pit out of your stomach. This exchange is so much more than just about glass. It is about giving love and friendship.

Dearest Sara, you are awesome...that IS what it is all about...giving, friendship and love! Your vases are so gorgeous, what a beautiful and cherished gift that is! It was really nice chatting with you the other night (she called when she got the clownfish) you are a gem!

Some of my very favorite gifts (and most cherished) were given with love, it isn't the size or value...it was the love and thought that went into it, so no worries, folks!
Happy Holidays! Hugs Deb ;)

midniteburner
12-18-2004, 02:37 PM
Oh, thanks Deb. That is such a sweet compliment! <Sara is blushing>

I hope that everyone will just do there best and try to send out thier gift with a smile. :D :D

Hugs and Happy Holidays (all of them),

Sara

BGillen
12-20-2004, 09:01 AM
Any word on who the next recipient is??? Need to update the website.

Shadesongs
12-20-2004, 10:54 AM
Sorry guys, I work 3-11 and it was crazy this weekend.
The next gift is going to Rachel Baron, and will be in the mail today!!!
I hope you like it!
jerry

KristiB
12-20-2004, 11:41 AM
Hi All!

This is going to be so much fun to see what everyone comes up with!!! I'm so excited :clap: :clap: But I echo what everyone else is saying

EEEEEEkkkkk!!! "I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy" :p

Cheers!
Kristi

PS: Deb, that clown fish is my fishes brother! and Sara - Beeeeee-uuuu-tiful :D

midniteburner
12-21-2004, 10:52 AM
Jerry (one of my newest close friends),:

We understand you have to work a real job. Can't wait to see your new creation for Rachel. I wish we could somehow see the person opening the gift of the year. :D

Kristi: thanks so much for the compliment. Since we have brothers, does this mean we could be related? :D :D :wave:

Sara

glassfreek
12-21-2004, 06:01 PM
Aw, Kristi..you fellow dorksister! Your bracelets are to die for...I get compliments (and offers, lol) on mine all the time...maybe I should be your bracelet rep...I would need one of each tho....just about 6" is perfect!
Anyone would love them! I think he is your clownfish brother...maybe twins ;)
Sara, you are just too cool, girl! Isn't this fun "meeting" new folks and getting something personally made by them...free inspirational vibes too!
Oh, wonder who Jerry picked......
Hugs Deb

Mr.Smiley
12-21-2004, 06:45 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only one on the list lurking with excitement. The anticipation is killing me- LOL

I needed to post this and just get it off my chest.

*going back in to lurk mode*

:wave:

snootyvixen
12-21-2004, 07:02 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only one on the list lurking with excitement.

Not me! I'm lurking with fear and trepidation! LOL!

Vikki

Shadesongs
12-23-2004, 12:30 AM
Rachel, MUG THE POSTMAN!!!
I was so hoping it would arrive today...there is always tomorrow, I guess.....
Waiting with baited breath.....:evil:

Shawn T.
12-23-2004, 01:03 AM
I'm sure I'm not the only one on the list lurking with excitement. The anticipation is killing me- LOL

I needed to post this and just get it off my chest.

*going back in to lurk mode*

Lurking? Who me? Nahhhhhhhh.

Ok well honestly I am just glad it wont get to me till after Christmas, cause the next week is going to be so busy. Kids are the best at Christmas but I sure could use some elves to help me wrap and get it all together.

Can't wait to see what is next, Such awesome gifts, maybe I will be far down the line so I can come up with something new and amazing. You know Santa is bringing me some new Tools, Presses, and a ton of glass!

beachbeads
12-23-2004, 03:43 AM
Well, I am the 1st to post the very first of many gifts for the "Year Of Giving". It's kind of like an award when you receive it. LOL!!! I think it was really an honor for me to get this wonderful clown fish from (none other than)
the "Glassfreak" herself, Deb Crowley!

When I went to the PO to pick it up, I had to open the box right there in the Post Office of Greer. I had every man in the place drooling!!!! :evil: :D This sucker is huge!!!!

Taaa Dahhhh!!!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Dec-2004/12611-fish.jpg

Sara
Man, I thought there was no room to improve, but that fish is amazing, miss you, see you sometime this week.

boheme'
12-23-2004, 01:36 PM
Lurking? Who me? Nahhhhhhhh.

Me too! This is definately some jaw dropping gift giving going on here.

Deb Cline

emmadogdesigns
12-23-2004, 04:57 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
What a great suprise!!!! I haven't checked the thread in a few days and then there was my name!! Where is my postman!???!!! What a great Christmas gift this will be :D

I'll post a picture for everyone once I get the gift!!

Shadesongs
12-24-2004, 09:01 PM
Okay, I am starting to get worried. I sent Rachels with my moms, who lives in Ca and she got hers already. Rachel is in NY (I am in PA) and it's still not there. :mad: :confused:
I so wanted it there by Christmas.......
Sorry, Rachel

emmadogdesigns
12-27-2004, 12:14 AM
Sorry guys! I'm just dropping in real quick before bed to say I DID get my absolutely gorgeous gift(s)!!! I have been going non-stop since early Christmas eve and haven't even had time to take the pictures! This is the first chance I've even had to sit down at the computer. :eek: I will post pics tomorrow. Plus, I will figure out the username of who is next on the list and warn everyone!!

Hope you all had a nice holiday weekend (if celebrating!!). If not, I hope it was a great weekend anyway!! :wave:

emmadogdesigns
12-27-2004, 02:59 PM
Ok, here are my beautiful bonus Christmas gifts from Jerry (shadesongs).
Everything she sent was so perfect, without even knowing me! Scary! :eek:

Also, our next recipient will be Christina Holmertz, or our own "kikkisweden"! Your gift will go out Tuesday or Wednesday, depending how the errands go. I'll be sending it global priority, so I hope it will get there quickly using that!

glassfreek
12-27-2004, 10:33 PM
Wowser, Jerry, what beautiful gifts, I love them all! What a lucky girl Rachel! WhooHoo!
And now off to Sweden...this is so fun :D and still before New Years...we are going at a super pace!! Hugs Deb

KikkiSweden
12-28-2004, 03:38 AM
Ok, here are my beautiful bonus Christmas gifts from Jerry (shadesongs).
Everything she sent was so perfect, without even knowing me! Scary! :eek:

Also, our next recipient will be Christina Holmertz, or our own "kikkisweden"! Your gift will go out Tuesday or Wednesday, depending how the errands go. I'll be sending it global priority, so I hope it will get there quickly using that!

Eeeeeeeek! :eek: :D

I'm glad I've taken the week off work so that I'll have plenty of time to torch!
I'm not totally sure what I will make can match what I've seen so far...

midniteburner
12-29-2004, 08:12 PM
Geeze Jerry...I looked at all your wonderful gifts and started feeling like mine was just a little lacking :eek: :envy: :envy:

You're gifts are awesome!!!! The pyramid looks great!!! You just have to show off your flawless soldering :D :envy: When an item isn't flat, mine goes bizirk :o :D

Please explain the keyring. I looked at it and wondered how you made it and with what...a photo?

The necklace and earrings are perfectly delicate...just in time for that New Years party.

Kikki: We all know you make really pretty beads! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

We all seem to come up with some of our best designs when we are pinched for time. It's just that you are so rushed, you can't remember exactly how you made it... to recreate!!! LOL!!! That happened to me with some very classic fused and beaded pins I made one night, during the middle of a local show. Everyone of them sold and I can't remember how I made them. :o :confused: Duhhh...

This is so much fun!!!!

Sara

glassfreek
01-01-2005, 11:53 AM
Sara, I know what you mean, I feel bad just sending you one gift! I feel like I should have done more too now, even though that clownfish is one of the hardest and most time consuming beads I make! Well, this just refreshes for me the giving spirit of everyone here...that is so wonderful!
Kikki, your beads are incredible! I am sure anyone would love a gift from you!
String them into a simple necklace or bracelet and that is more than enough for your gift. I would be thrilled to get beads from you ;) Happy New Year everyone! Hugs Deb

midniteburner
01-02-2005, 07:39 PM
Deb,

I wouldn't trade my clown fish for anything! well, maybe 2 weeks in the French Rivera :wink2: :p LOL!!!!

Ok, we are still waiting for the pics, tap...tap...tap

Sara

glassfreek
01-02-2005, 11:17 PM
Sara, you doll, thanks! Heck, if we could get to the French Riviera on a clownfish I would get us each a ticket ;) Our son-in-law's family has a summer house there....ah...sigh....someday....
Well, as chilly as it must be in my home country (My family comes from Sweden,still quite a few in Karlson and a few other towns) that will be a very welcome gift for our Kikki!
Thanks again, Sara, that makes me feel great! xoxo Deb

Shadesongs
01-03-2005, 01:37 AM
Sara,
Thank you for the great words! I really needed them!
The keychain thing, it a suncatcher thingy. I am looking for something else besided the keyrings to hang them from but haven't found anything yet, I am going to head to the hardware store soon!! Men have stuff for EVERYTHING!
It's a print that I really like and hope to do them for a craft show in May, called the Fairy Festival. I am keeping my fingers crossed!!
Can't wait to see what everyone else has! I adore my blue vase, and have pretty flowers in it right now!
Jerry

mobility
01-03-2005, 10:06 AM
Hi, Jerry (and everybody)--

I use fishing swivels I bought at Wal-Mart for suncatchers... they come in lots of different sizes.

hth-- Robin

Shadesongs
01-03-2005, 01:55 PM
Robin,
THank you! That is a great idea, I will have to check them out!
Kmart here I come....after work(3-11) and sleep....
Can't wait to see more!!
Jerry

Shawn T.
01-03-2005, 02:24 PM
Where have I been?

Drop dead gifts being given out here, and I seem to have been under a rock not to see them. WOW all of you have outdone yourself. Now if you wait a while to pick my name maybe I can come up with something worthy of such a gift.
Looks like we are off to such a wonderful start! Thanks for posting such a fun and beautiful game of giving all year long Deb. "I appreciate you"
Shawn

BGillen
01-03-2005, 03:16 PM
Kikki,

Did you get your stuff yet??? We're waiting for pics. Waiting, waiting, waiting.

glassfreek
01-03-2005, 11:39 PM
Shawn...you are THE BEST.....I REALLY needed to "hear" that today!! You are just adorable....thanks SO much!
I know Brenda...this is the hard part...waiting for the next "candy"...gees, we are all addicts.....is there a cure yet?
Oh...where oh where is that postman??? sigh.............. ;)

KikkiSweden
01-04-2005, 01:10 PM
No, nothing here yet. We have a lot of "red days" here in Sweden at this time of year and on those days no mail is delivered so it usually takes a few days extra. And we never ever get mail on Saturdays or Sundays either.
Thursday this week is Epiphany and of course that is a holiday too... So if it doesn't arrive tomorrow the earliest it can get here is on Friday.

I'm going to finish my gift tonight so I can send it to the next person ASAP.

glassfreek
01-07-2005, 01:16 AM
It should be Friday in Sweden now....wonder if it'll come to Kikki today? Otherwise, bump, bump, bump ;) Deb

emmadogdesigns
01-07-2005, 08:26 AM
Hmmm...starting to get a little worried! :( Of course, the post office did say it could be 4-7 business days before it gets there...I was hoping it would be 4! But today should be the 7th biz day (at least what counts as business days here in the US).

Keeping my fingers crossed! :cat:

KikkiSweden
01-07-2005, 02:28 PM
My 12 y/o DS has been hogging the computer today, but right now he's watching the Simpsons. :D

Don't worry Rachel, your package has arrived! Thank you so much!!!!!! I love the necklace and frit jars.
The necklace has 5 wonderfully shaped raku lentils (sigh, I need to go and practice...) and lots of crystals and goldstone beads. It's gorgeous!

I have sent out my package to the next recipient as well today.

Want to know who it is?

:evil:

Robin Dacey!

emmadogdesigns
01-07-2005, 02:44 PM
Thank goodness! :clap:

I'm glad you like the necklace...hope you have fun with the frits!

Now I can't wait to see what you made for Robin!

This is too much fun! :D

KikkiSweden
01-07-2005, 05:42 PM
LOL, I know Rachel! I almost teared the box open at the post office but made myself wait until I got home.
I look forward to try out the gold purple frit, the other two colours I've already tried. Raku with so-so results. Nothing as nice as your lentils, I'm glad you sent the really pretty ones to me!

I hope Robin will like what I've sent her!

mobility
01-07-2005, 07:00 PM
I hope Robin will like what I've sent her!

Oh, Kikki, how can I not like it?! Your art is beautiful!

I am SOOOOOO excited!!!!!! Man-- I better get to work, though!!! I made the parts but now I have to put it together! :wink2:

Wonder who my victim er I mean recipient will be... :confused:

:cat:

glassfreek
01-08-2005, 01:30 AM
WOW Rachel, that necklace is exquisite! YUMMY! Kikki you lucky lady! And frits too??? What could be better??? This is wonderful sharing gifts ;)
We want to see what you do with the frits too Kikki! Hugs Deb

beachbeads
01-08-2005, 04:04 AM
Very cool presents. I have been working on mine so I'm prepared when the moment it is "me" arrives. What is the REAL number for purple gold? Is it Gaffer or Reid?? I love the chance to buy small quanties of frits to try but wish the sellrs wouldn't change the names. I think I'll PM Val and ask.. Hey Deb, see you in next couple of days.

BGillen
01-11-2005, 04:08 PM
Bumping

glassfreek
01-11-2005, 11:19 PM
Brenda, the webpage looks great with all those yummy glass pics...thanks SO much for your hard work! :clap: :clap: :clap: Hugs Deb

midniteburner
01-12-2005, 10:13 AM
Wow Kikki,

That necklace looks to be sooooo you!!!!! Actually, it looks soooo me :envy: :wink2:

Well, now you have a legit. excuse to go splurge on a new outfit :D

Sara

Shawn T.
01-12-2005, 10:53 AM
Rachel, beautiful necklace. I love the design of it, ohh and the perfect raku lentals. You definalty carried on with the wonder gifts being given in this fun year of giving.
Can't wait to see what is next.
Brenda great job on the web site, your the best!

Shawn (who is still amazed at the gengerous gifts being given out) :wave:

emmadogdesigns
01-12-2005, 10:24 PM
Gosh, you guys, you're making me blush!

I can't tell you how much your compliments mean to me. Given the level of talent I know you all have, it is truly appreciated!

Still can't wait to see the next pretties! (This has become an addiction! :D )

glassfreek
01-15-2005, 12:05 PM
Rachel, sweetie, that necklace is incredible! The lentils are gorgeous and there is a lot of work in it....we are drooling big time here! ANY one of us would have cherished it! Yes, this is becoming an addiction...it is like Christmas every week! And we get to see everyone's gifts too...what a cool lift for the winter doldrums ;) Oh, what will Robin get? Hugs and a :clap: :clap: :clap: to you Rachel! Deb

mobility
01-15-2005, 02:02 PM
Hi, everybody!

Well, no package yet-- apparently, Sweden to New Orleans takes longer than the average trip! Kikki tracked it but the online service only tracks it in Europe so it must be gone from there now.

I'm so filled with anticipation I'm about to BURST! I've had my gift ready for a while now-- I really like how it turned out so I hope the next person is happy with it, too... just don't know who or when that is!

I'll post pics as soon as it gets here, promise! :cat:

Patricia'sglass
01-15-2005, 03:36 PM
I missed this one but I sure will enjoy seeing pics of the beads exchanged :D

KristiB
01-15-2005, 04:28 PM
The suspense of this is KILLING me.... :D

KikkiSweden
01-15-2005, 06:33 PM
The suspense of this is KILLING me.... :D

Me too! I'm so scared the package has disappeared! But, it's only been a week.
You better send exchange around in the States now for a while where the mail hopefully is quicker so we don't fall behind schedule.

beachbeads
01-15-2005, 08:12 PM
My 12 y/o DS has been hogging the computer today, but right now he's watching the Simpsons. :D

Don't worry Rachel, your package has arrived! Thank you so much!!!!!! I love the necklace and frit jars.
The necklace has 5 wonderfully shaped raku lentils (sigh, I need to go and practice...) and lots of crystals and goldstone beads. It's gorgeous!

I have sent out my package to the next recipient as well today.

Want to know who it is?

That is a really pretty necklace and beads.

Robin Dacey!

midniteburner
01-18-2005, 09:45 PM
We are just going to have to talk to the postal service :wink2: :evil:

Who cares if they get all the junk mail delivered on time??? LOL!!!

Sara

mobility
01-19-2005, 01:58 AM
Well, still no package... :crying: WAAAA!

I have to work a bunch starting tomorrow but my neighbor is looking out for the mailman, and will let me know THE SECOND the package arrives! I'll mail out mine to the next person as soon as I can get home from work and find out where to send it!

KristiB
01-19-2005, 06:21 PM
Well, if the Post Office doesn't deliver soon , they're going to have a whole bunch of Lampworkers GOING POSTAL!! (okay, for all you postal workers I know that's not funny)

tapping foot......waiting.......waiting........

Kristi :p

kyyardlizard
01-20-2005, 12:00 AM
what great gift being given....now I have to come up with something great...glad I have some time...now to get busy... :wave:

KikkiSweden
01-20-2005, 03:03 AM
Gaaah! And of course I forgot the receipt with the tracking number at home. I know exactly where it is. On the kitchen table where I put it next to the beads I'm going to mail today. I remembered the beads, but not the receipt.
I'll give them a call when I come home tonight to see what's up.

mobility
01-20-2005, 08:51 AM
Gaaah! And of course I forgot the receipt with the tracking number at home. I know exactly where it is. On the kitchen table where I put it next to the beads I'm going to mail today. I remembered the beads, but not the receipt.
I'll give them a call when I come home tonight to see what's up.

Hi, Kikki!

It still hasn't arrived-- if there is a # that I can call here in the U.S. to try to track it, please PM it to me... although as soon as we figure out how to track it it will arrive while I am on the phone tracking it, I'm sure!!!

I'll let everyone know if it comes!

KikkiSweden
01-20-2005, 01:26 PM
Julianna at the PO Customer Service just called and said that the latest note on the package was today at 9:20 AM and it said that the package was shipped out for delivery. We both took this to mean that it is on it's way to your house, Robin!

mobility
01-21-2005, 02:54 AM
IT CAME!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

And, oh, boy, is it beautiful!!!!!!

Kikki, your beads are simply exquisite. My photography skills are seriously sub-par, so this necklace does not look nearly as gorgeous here as it does in person. I am so grateful to you for sending such a beautiful work of art to me and you sent me GLASS, too!!! WOO HOO!!!!!

TONS of Lauscha, all kinds of colors I've never even seen before!

I am truly blessed.

Thank you, Kikki!!!!! You are the best!

I'll post pics first, and a warning next! :evil: :eek:

mobility
01-21-2005, 03:12 AM
Okay, kids!

The moment you've been waiting for!

and waiting

and waiting

and customs obviously opened Kikki's box, making for all of us sitting on pins and needles all this time.... and even though she sent it by global priority post... it came... UPS!!!! So I guess that leads me to believe that the US Gov't doesn't trust the post office!!!! I find that very funny, myself, but also a little sad.

Anyway, the next person

on the list

is....

JOWELL!

Jo Jowell, you have been warned!

I need to go to bed now, so I can work another 18 hours tomorrow. I can't express how wonderful it was to come home after a long long LONG day to such a fabulous surprise! Deb, thanks for starting this!!!!!!!!! What a beautiful thing! Kikki, thank you again, so much, for my very very unbirthday present! I LOVE it!!!!

Robin :cat:

KikkiSweden
01-21-2005, 08:51 AM
IT CAME!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

And, oh, boy, is it beautiful!!!!!!

Kikki, your beads are simply exquisite. My photography skills are seriously sub-par, so this necklace does not look nearly as gorgeous here as it does in person. I am so grateful to you for sending such a beautiful work of art to me and you sent me GLASS, too!!! WOO HOO!!!!!

TONS of Lauscha, all kinds of colors I've never even seen before!

I am truly blessed.

Thank you, Kikki!!!!! You are the best!

I'll post pics first, and a warning next! :evil: :eek:

*blushing furiously*

I'm so glad it finally got there and that you liked what I sent you!
I had such fun making the beads and necklace and picking out the glass.

KristiB
01-21-2005, 09:29 PM
Woo Hoo!!

Kikki what an awesome gift!! It's so beautiful.. Robin, you lucky girl!

Everyones gifts are so amazing.. I hope I can please who ever gets mine :(

This is so fun!

Cheers!
Kristi

glassfreek
01-24-2005, 08:18 PM
Kikki, that necklace is gorgeous!!! Wowser!! And glass...that is so generous, it was worth the wait Robin..yum! Oh this is great, what a group! Hugs ;) Deb

jowell
01-25-2005, 10:03 PM
:wave: Wow was I suprised! Robin the gift is beautiful!
I have never worked with Czech Glass. So I can't wait to use it. Can anyone tell me what the annealing temps are?
The necklace and earrings are great I love the colors.

Thank you so Much
Jo

Shadesongs
01-25-2005, 10:34 PM
Talk about GOREGOUS! Those beads are way cool! :clap:

mobility
01-25-2005, 11:25 PM
Talk about GOREGOUS! Those beads are way cool! :clap:

Aww, thanks guys! Blush blush! Jo, I'm SO relieved you like them-- I've been a nervous nelly for weeks over this gift exchange! Shadesongs, thanks for the compliment!

Annealing this glass is pretty much the same as any other Soda Lime glass but it is a bit more susceptible to thermal shock than the others. Garage the Czech glass at the same temp as Moretti while you are working-- 968 degrees. When you are finishd for the day, take it up to around 980 degrees and soak proportionally to the size of the pieces (bigger=longer). For small beads, about 30 minutes; for big beads, small sculptures and vessels, about 45-60 minutes or more, depending on thickness. Do this even if you are mixing the Czech with Moretti, Lauscha or Vetrofond. If you are using it all by itself, you can soak it at a little higher temp. than that but don't go over 1000 degrees, or it starts to soften and will distort slightly. Ramp down at about half the speed as Moretti, and don't open the kiln until it reaches room temp.

It also seems to be a little more delicate when it is thin so if you blow small vessels with thin walls, or make tiny sculptural elements such as fish fins with it, ramp the kiln down as slowly as possible, about 3 times as long as with Moretti. Also, two of those colors, the denim and the rootbeer, cannot be used to encase Moretti white. Use Vetrofond or Lauscha under those colors instead. The rest you can use as much as you want with any other soda lime glass, in any combination.

The clear is a really nice sparkly clear and works very well for encasing but the striking Moretti colors (red, orange and yellow) can crack it if you ramp the kiln down too quickly. If you have any other questions, you can PM or email me or get in touch with Jan at http://www.checkglass.com and he can answer any of your questions.

Have fun!

Robin :cat:

KristiB
01-26-2005, 01:02 AM
Holy COW! That is one gorgeous necklace Jo! You are a lucky ducky. Great work Robin :clap: :clap:

OK,... now..... who's next????

Kristi

jowell
01-26-2005, 09:33 AM
Thanks Robin Now I can use the glass with confidence the colors are so pretty I didn't want to have them crack because I didn't handle them right.

Jo

AMR GlassWorks
01-26-2005, 09:48 AM
Boy what pretties there are on here!!! I still have no clue yet what I'll be making!! So who gets the next warning?? :D

midniteburner
01-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Gorgeous necklace!!!!!!!

Anne, you better get started... :eek: :eek: :music: :music: :eek:

You never know who will be next...

Sara

AMR GlassWorks
01-27-2005, 12:44 PM
Gorgeous necklace!!!!!!!

Anne, you better get started... :eek: :eek: :music: :music: :eek:

You never know who will be next...

Sara
Holy crap Sara!! You scared me!! LOL!! I'll be ready don't worry!! :D

jowell
01-27-2005, 07:51 PM
Going to the post office tomorrow. :D

This is the warning!!!

So Keep an eye out Girlie~o~ I think that is right anyway.
Roseanne Weston

Jo

Girlie~O~
01-27-2005, 08:25 PM
Going to the post office tomorrow. :D

This is the warning!!!

So Keep an eye out Girlie~o~ I think that is right anyway.
Roseanne Weston

Jo

OMGosh~ that's ME :clap: :clap: I better get busy :evil: Thanks for the warning :D

glassfreek
01-27-2005, 10:45 PM
Wowser, Robin, those beads are deliciously awseome!!! The necklace/ earrings are beautiful...ohhhhh I love purple. May have to get some of those colors...what a fabulous gift you got Jo! Girlie~o~ next....this is cool! What a great job everyone, I can't wait to see more!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Hugs Deb

kyyardlizard
01-27-2005, 10:53 PM
Robin...that is one beautiful necklace....I LOVE the beads!!!

mobility
01-28-2005, 12:49 AM
Awww! You guys are all SO sweet! My head grew three sizes today! lol! j/k!

The lampwork beads are made with Czech grape, Moretti white and Vetrofond black. The silvery ones are hematite. As soon as I get my big fat check from the job I just worked I'm going big fat glass shopping! So if anyone wants a couple sticks of Czech grape to try out, please PM me. Jo-- I'll send you some anyway as I had intended to send some in the first place in case you wanted to make any matching stuff but I used up my current stash until I have more disposable income, like two weeks or three or whenever they finally pay me.

I really appreciate all the compliments-- I hardly ever show my stuff because I'm a big ol' nelly chicken but I'll have to start putting it in the S&T more often.

Thanks again you guys-- and a super-big special thank you to Kikki for my fabu present! I look at it every morning and it makes me happy at least until I hit traffic... :D

beachglassgirl
01-28-2005, 01:36 PM
Everyone's gifts are soooo beautiful! I love the anticipation! I am one of those last minute "so I can't change my mind" people so I am continually checking here to see if I am next, and if I need to get started. Otherwise, I will make about 100 different things! I guess that wouldn't be too bad...Anyway, just wanted to chime in about the obvious talent that abounds at WC! :wave: [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]me, waiting patiently and plotting, planning and dreaming!

Suz01
01-28-2005, 07:50 PM
The gifts so far have been amazing! well done guys. it is making me very very nervous!!!

I am worried about slowing down the process, being here in Oz. Maybe the person who circles my name could give me an early heads up? I know it spoils the surprise, but might help keep me on track timewise. What do you think?

Suzanne

BGillen
01-31-2005, 10:40 AM
Guys, sorry I've been AWOL on the website for a few days. Been under the weather and not exactly computer friendly. The site is now updated. Please feel free to PM me if any more changes need to be made.

glassfreek
01-31-2005, 12:27 PM
Suz...I think that is a good idea...most folks are getting 3-5 days warning so that should help. The gifts are impressive and SO giving...that is what it is all about so no worries, make/give what you can, it is the thought that counts most!
Brenda, hope you are feeling better...having a bout with flu myself...not fun!~ Thanks for all your hard work, B, you rock! Hugs deb

Girlie~O~
02-02-2005, 11:01 AM
Hi there! :wave:

I rec'd a lovely necklace, some silver foil & fine gold wire. I will take a pick & upload this afternoon:) I do have a question for ya Deb. (I want to make sure the person circled for me is not in Tucson)

I'll be back this afternoon!

raynsandy
02-02-2005, 11:07 AM
The Iraq marble that I posted, is being given to a good freind of mine that is stationed there. He has been there now going on 2 years and is about to return home. He is not a member of wetcanvas and (as far as I know) doesnt make anything out of glass.
Its the thought that counts when giving something. Not to be seen of men but moreover, out of love and compassion towards the one the gift is being given to.

dogmaw
02-03-2005, 03:16 PM
Hey, I'm not in Tuscon! You could circle my name. :D

Jo

MistyCherie
02-03-2005, 03:40 PM
Hi there! :wave:

I rec'd a lovely necklace, some silver foil & fine gold wire. I will take a pick & upload this afternoon:) I do have a question for ya Deb. (I want to make sure the person circled for me is not in Tucson)

I'll be back this afternoon!

Aww don't discriminate against Tucson! Some of us are lucky enough to live here. ;)

*squish*

Barrie
02-06-2005, 09:43 PM
*bump*

Just wondering if you'd sent off to the next person yet, Roseanne! And we want to see the pretties you recieved!!!

beachbeads
02-07-2005, 06:09 AM
All these beads are beautiful. I started work on mine tonight so I can be ready, I have to go back to work next week. 6 weeks off went way to fast.

Girlie~O~
02-07-2005, 12:04 PM
I'm sorry for the delay. We went away to celebrate the 11th Anniversary of my 29th Birthday. I will be loading the pics this afternoon. (after I get my two youngest on the bus:))I'm sending my gift to....

Jennifer Geldard :clap: Get ready girl, it's going out today:)

glassfreek
02-07-2005, 07:13 PM
Dear Roseanne, happy anniversary birthday! Jenn will love anything you make...she is a sweetheart too! Hi ho, halfbaked sister Jenn....was great to chat with you...been a long time! Deb

midniteburner
02-11-2005, 11:37 AM
Hey, I'm not in Tuscon! You could circle my name.

JO-JO: You are too funny for your own good!!!! LOL!!!!

Robin: I really think the postman screwed up and delivered that necklace to the wrong house :wink2: :evil: It should have been mine!!!! LOL!!!!

Sounds like Jenn needs to get herself in "gear". I still love her cold-worked glass. Wish she would do more and post, hint hint

Sara (loving every post of this thread)

Jennifer Geldard
02-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Sounds like Jenn needs to get herself in "gear". I still love her cold-worked glass. Wish she would do more and post, hint hint

Sara (loving every post of this thread)

I'm workin' on it!! LOL!

I got my gift Yesterday!!!!
Yay!!!!

Here is the absolutely gorgeous bracelet and earring set I received from
Rosanne!!!
Aren't they just scrumtious!?!?
Thank You so much!!
I'll post a bit later today with the next person on the list... I'm slaving away ;)
on my gift for them...

Jennifer Geldard
02-11-2005, 02:23 PM
OK...
The next person to get a gift will be......

Shawn E. Turner!!!!!!!!!
Get ready!!!

beachbeads
02-11-2005, 06:17 PM
Darn, I had my fingers crossed!!

dogmaw
02-11-2005, 06:47 PM
Darn, I had my fingers crossed!!

I think we all do. :)

Jo

AMR GlassWorks
02-11-2005, 07:01 PM
Jenn you will be the perfect pick-me-up for Shawn!! She has been sick lately! :( She is doing better now though! :clap:

midniteburner
02-11-2005, 07:34 PM
Roseanne: girlfriend, you have been holding out on us :envy: :envy:

I had no idea you were sooooooooo talented!!!!! Yummy Bracelet!!!!!! Why can't my bracelets turn out looking like that? No, they turn out looking like Dollar Store junk and I am so envious! :envy: :confused:

It's just not fair.

Sorry for the whining!!!! Maybe I just need more practice, better glasses, a class or several, a color wheel... lol!!!!

Well, this is a wonderful "pick me up" for Shawn

Sara

mobility
02-12-2005, 04:23 AM
Robin: I really think the postman screwed up and delivered that necklace to the wrong house :wink2: :evil: It should have been mine!!!! LOL!!!!

Oh, no, he didn't! That necklace is MINE all MINE!!!!!!! Mwahahaha! :evil:

And I think Shawn will be overjoyed! I know I was jumping for joy when my package arrived! :cat:

Shawn T.
02-12-2005, 06:04 PM
OK...
The next person to get a gift will be......

Shawn E. Turner!!!!!!!!!
Get ready!!!

OMG :clap: :clap: :clap:
Me?
I really am jumping up and down here. If I felt well enough I would be tap dancing on the tables.
Seesh what in the world can I come up with that will be good enough to recieve a gift from The Jennifer Geldard.
Hopefully I will be well enough to get to the torch this weekend. It has been over 2 weeks.
Sorry I have been amoung the missing. What beautiful gifts. Roseanne your bracelet is stunning.
Shawn who is so excited I can not even tell you.

glassfreek
02-13-2005, 11:24 AM
WOW!!!! Roseanne....THUD, that is jaw-dropping!!! YUMMY! What a gorgeous bracelet and earrings, yes, you have been hiding your real talents!!!
Jenn, you lucky babe! I am so glad Shawn is getting your gift....I drool a lot on the beads of yours when we fried glass in Boston years back....and that sweet one in the wood box you sent (but especially the note...miss ya, smooch)!
This will be great for you Shawn...you deserve a lift for sure! That is what I liked about this exchange...not knowing who you are giving to or what you are getting...like Christmas every post ;) YOU ALL ROCK....I can't wait til next December to start again! Happy happy joy joy Deb

beachbeads
02-13-2005, 02:59 PM
I'm workin' on it!! LOL!

I got my gift Yesterday!!!!
Yay!!!!

Here is the absolutely gorgeous bracelet and earring set I received from
Rosanne!!!
Aren't they just scrumtious!?!?
Thank You so much!!
I'll post a bit later today with the next person on the list... I'm slaving away ;)
on my gift for them...
That is beautiful, I would have been a wreck making something for Jennifer G. You did a great job.

BGillen
02-14-2005, 09:33 AM
Hey Ro, chickie, babie. As the producer of the website, we are still waiting for your pics to complete the picture. Step it up girlieO. :D (It's just me putting on my best smarmy hollywierd producers voice)

Just kidding, but you are leaving a blank spot.

Smiles everyone, Smiles.

Jennifer Geldard
02-15-2005, 11:06 AM
Sorry for the delay folks...
My gift will be in the mail tomorrow afternoon... priority :)

Jennifer Geldard
02-19-2005, 10:42 AM
Didja get it yet??? Didja??? Didja??? Hm?
(she says...bouncing in her seat)

Shawn T.
02-19-2005, 04:07 PM
Didja get it yet??? Didja??? Didja??? Hm?
(she says...bouncing in her seat)

I am stalking the post man. He doesn't usually get here to till about 4. Yes even on Saturday, I seemt o be the very last house he delivers to. Oh how i wish I culd see the street and my mail box. I have walked the looooooonnnnnggggggg drive way and hill 4 times today. No mail yet! But I will let you know as soona s it come to see if I got it yet.

I hate to hold things up, I am going to try and make the beads for this exchange today. Please understand that I have been ill and unable to make beads for over 3 weeks or I would have started on it when my name was drawn. I really want to make something new and special and not just pick something already made, that didn't sell at my last show. I would much rather wait two days and make something special for the next person on the list. Good news is it is Saturday so I couldn't send out my gift till Monday anyway. I will work on it all weekend, and try my best to have it ready on Monday as not to hold things up. I sure hope nobody minds. Please tell me if you do.

BTW how do I know who is next? Will I get the name with the gift from Jennifer? Or do I pick a name or a number that represents a name? I know I am ahead of myslef with my gift not made yet.

OK come on mail man and bring me my goodis, I just am so excited to get this wonderful gift from Jennifer. As I have longed to own one of your beautiful beads.

Off to check again, Thanks for the excersize...................NOT! :wink2:

dogmaw
02-19-2005, 06:45 PM
Shawn,

Actually Monday is President's day, so you have till Tuesday. :D

Jo

Shawn T.
02-19-2005, 06:53 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

It's here! It's here!

OMG Jennifer THANK YOU so very much.
Your necklace is just the most beautiful, stunning, amazing piece I have ever layed eyes on. I am so excited how I got so lucky I don't know! The earrings are beautiful as well I love how the pearls with the crystals make them shine.
I love this so very much, you have just made my whole month.

Whoo I am the proud owner of an amazing hollow vessel in my favorite colors of blues and greens with pink flowers. I am wearing it right now and don't ever plan on taking it off. Someone is giong to have to knock me down and hurt me to get this one off of me, and then they better watch out cause I will fight like a wild cat.

I will try and capture the beauty of this in some photos, but not sure pic will do it justice.

Thank you Jennifer! And if I have not told you I really Love this gift!

Shawn T.
02-19-2005, 06:59 PM
Shawn,

Actually Monday is President's day, so you have till Tuesday. :D

Jo

Jo, even better news. humm wonder if the kids have school? I think they do cause of the days they missed when the hurricane came through. But that for letting me know i have till Tuesday.

Now if I can just come up with something wonderful. It can not even compare to the gift I just recieved. I wont stress myslef out in trying to.

Deb, Thank You so much for putting this all together, I sure needed something this month to brighten my days and this did it for sure. Just wish I had the words to Thank you and Jennifer. This Amazing year of giving you have put together for us to share in.

midniteburner
02-19-2005, 07:29 PM
Whoo I am the proud owner of an amazing hollow vessel in my favorite colors of blues and greens with pink flowers. I am wearing it right now and don't ever plan on taking it off. Someone is giong to have to knock me down and hurt me to get this one off of me, and then they better watch out cause I will fight like a wild cat.

Well Shawn, I guess we will all have to come visit you just to see it! Yes, I do have muddy feet and won't mind wiping them on your carpet! :evil: :wink2:

So, I suggest you take a photo so you won't have to clean up after me! LOL!!!!

Hope you're feeling better!!!

Hugs,

Sara

Shawn T.
02-19-2005, 10:32 PM
So you really want to see my beautiful gift?

I am arfaid if I post it someone will come and steal it from you. Good thing my house it hard to find, even if you know the address you would never find it. :evil: :D

OK here it is!

Shawn T.
02-19-2005, 10:37 PM
Yeah yeah so maybe I am the only one that found humor in that. I actually took a pic of the box before I even opened it.

Now you all want to see what was inside that pretty box?
I am going to be a thread hog here. As I said above my pic don't do it justice I tried to shoot it many different ways but it was dark so no sunlight to capture the beautiful colors.

Without further ado.

AMR GlassWorks
02-19-2005, 10:42 PM
Whoa!!! That is gorgeous!!! Jenn you did a great job!! Well that should lift your spirits Shawn!! :D So who's next in line Shawn?

mobility
02-19-2005, 11:54 PM
Wow!!! Beautiful work, Jennifer! :clap:

Congrats, Shawn!

I love seeing all the wonderful things everyone is posting so if I've left anyone's kudos out, please forgive me.

Shawn T.
02-20-2005, 12:40 AM
aww shoot my pic are blury Brenda please let me try again and I will send you better pic to post to the site. I know I can take better pic then these. :D

Umm am I supposed to go ahead and tell you is next on the list, I now that I have seen and read the instructions. Or do I wait till I am ready to send my gift out?

beachbeads
02-20-2005, 04:04 PM
That is beautiful. I can't wait to send mine, I was cleaning my studio the other day and thought of the perfect gift.

Gwenlori
02-20-2005, 06:26 PM
Wow, Beautiful gifts everyone. I guess I had better start thinking of what I will make so I am ready when the time comes.

Gwen

Barrie
02-21-2005, 01:38 PM
Okay, the curiosity is killing me! :evil: Shawn, I'm begging, let us know who's next!! Pretty please!!!!!!! :D

Shawn T.
02-21-2005, 01:57 PM
OK, OK, I am working hard on my gift. trying to get the colors I want to come out how I want them to.
It is a wonderful way to get back on the torch, having to make a beautiful gift for..........................................................

Paula Canant
your next so get ready!

kyyardlizard
02-21-2005, 10:24 PM
YEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAA

I can't wait....I finally get something of Shawn's!!!!!! This is better than Christmas....thank you so much for making my day......

doing the happy dance...............lalalalalalala

midniteburner
02-22-2005, 10:49 AM
Scrump-dili-ishious work, Jenn!!!!!!!!!!

Sara

glassfreek
02-23-2005, 09:32 AM
YUM! Shawn, what a great present (awesome Jenn, just gorgeous...I love the stick pearls too!) I liked the box pic...sometimes the box is a gift too (hubby always teases me about saving boxes) Oh, joy, this is SO fun!!! Thanks to everyone for making this so exciting! Paula....you cutie, can't wait to see Shawn's gift too! Hugs Deb

kyyardlizard
02-24-2005, 07:09 PM
Where is that darn mailman........time to go track him down....I can't wait much longer......I'm just to excited... :D

Shawn T.
02-25-2005, 09:48 PM
Paula you will have your gift by 12:00 tomorrow. Since I was late in sending it out, I went ahead and sent it fed-ex so it would be there in the morning.
Humm should have remembered about the extra charge for Saturday delivery. I didn't want to hold up the game. Good news is I only have to wait one day for Paula to see her gift.

I so hope she likes it, with the amazing gifts given so far you all have raised the bar so much, I am afraid it is not good enough.

We will see in the morning. Till then I am holding my breath, crossing my fingers and toes, and saying a prayer.

kyyardlizard
02-26-2005, 01:31 PM
I got my gift.......................YEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAA

Shawn...I can't believe it....I LOOVVVVVVVEEEEEEE it.....I'm so excited I can't stand it....I just about attacked the Fed Ex person....ripped open the box and had my daughter taking photos....This is so much better than Christmas...now just look what I got....It's the bestest!!!!!!!!!!

kyyardlizard
02-26-2005, 01:34 PM
Thank you so much Shawn.....I love my present.....now the next person on the list is.............................

BRENDA GILLEN..................get ready girl!!!!!

Barrie
02-26-2005, 01:46 PM
:clap: Wow!! Shawn, those are FABULOUS!!! :clap: Paula, you are soooo lucky! :clap: Can't wait to see what Brenda gets!! :)

Girlie~O~
02-26-2005, 04:00 PM
Okay, here it is... Sorry, for the BIG delay, I've been in a funk :rolleyes:

Not pictured~ silver leaf & gold wire also part of the gifty:) Jo did a nice job!

Thank you!

kyyardlizard
02-26-2005, 06:08 PM
Ro....those are really nice.....

glassfreek
02-26-2005, 10:56 PM
Oh what gorgeous gifts! DROOOOOOOL! I love them all!
Brenda, the web page looks fantastic, thanks so much for that! I love looking through all the gifts! BIG hugs to all! Deb ;)

midniteburner
02-26-2005, 11:11 PM
Shawn:

I can't believe you girl!!!! To be so sick and still have the touch to create those awesome organic treats :D :D

Brenda: I bet Paula has a treat for you :wink2: :evil: :D :D LOL!!!!

This has been so much fun!!! I always look forward to checking in on this thread. Apparently (with the number of hits) other people do too.

Sara

kyyardlizard
02-26-2005, 11:27 PM
Shawn:

I can't believe you girl!!!! To be so sick and still have the touch to create those awesome organic treats :D :D

Brenda: I bet Paula has a treat for you :wink2: :evil: :D :D LOL!!!!

This has been so much fun!!! I always look forward to checking in on this thread. Apparently (with the number of hits) other people do too.

Sara

Hey Sara....Brenda is in for a exciting treat.... :evil: ;) :evil:

It's a good thing she knows me....heehee

beachbeads
02-27-2005, 03:50 AM
Deb, can you post a link to the web page, see ya soon.

kyyardlizard
02-27-2005, 10:53 PM
Hey Brenda....just got your package ready....sending out first thing tomorrow morning....watch your mail.... ;)

InsanityBeader
02-28-2005, 12:36 AM
I just have to say... Shawn, when I look at those beads I just have this irrisistable urge to bite them! THEY LOOK so very Yummy!

:)

Suz01
02-28-2005, 05:07 AM
Hi Guys - this is getting so exciting, beautiful pressies coming though. Hope this isnt breaking the rules, but can I ask that the next few people dont select me on the list? I have a few projects on the go and I am worried about getting something finished. After easter I should be free and clear...

I tried to make somethig in advance, but I am not happy with it, so back to the drawing board...

Thanks!!

Hugs to all,
Suzanne (suz01)

kyyardlizard
02-28-2005, 09:40 AM
I just have to say... Shawn, when I look at those beads I just have this irrisistable urge to bite them! THEY LOOK so very Yummy!

:)

Hey Susan....they are yummy....I've licked them several times... :evil: ;) :D

BGillen
02-28-2005, 09:46 AM
Hey Brenda....just got your package ready....sending out first thing tomorrow morning....watch your mail.... ;)

Paula,

I'm Scared, so very very scared. NOT!!!

I can't wait to see what you evil genious devised for me. I just hope that my gift lives up to what everyone else is sending out. I can't wait to see it.

I'm updating the website as we speak so hold on tight.

BGillen
02-28-2005, 09:49 AM
Deb, can you post a link to the web page, see ya soon.

I'm not Deb, but here you go:

Circle of fire Website (http://www.bluejakes.com/COF.html)

glassfreek
02-28-2005, 12:38 PM
Paula, you are so cute! Shawn, those are sure some gorgeous beads!!!!
The website looks great Brenda, thanks for posting the link for Sheila...I have been busy and have company (she loves all the gifts too, we were just drooling over them!). I can't wait to see what Brenda gets! Hugs Deb ;)

kyyardlizard
02-28-2005, 08:10 PM
Hey..Hey..Brenda...it's gonna be there Wednesday....I hope you like it!!!! If not...to bad...just kidding... ;)

midniteburner
03-01-2005, 05:41 AM
Brenda,

The site looks great!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

You have done such a terrific job!!!!

Sara

BGillen
03-01-2005, 09:20 PM
Hey..Hey..Brenda...it's gonna be there Wednesday....I hope you like it!!!! If not...to bad...just kidding... ;)

If it rattles and hisses, the postman is under strict orders not to deliver it. I'm shaking in my size 7's girlie, you don't scare me, (unless I had to look at you first thing in the morning---aaahhhh my eyes) :evil: :evil:

The site looks great!!!!

You have done such a terrific job!!!!

Sara
Thanks Sara, I'm having fun trying to keep up.

BGillen
03-03-2005, 10:35 AM
I recieved my incredible package of gifties from Paula yesterday. They are amazing. She nailed me and my color preferences so perfectly it's kinda scary, but then again, it is Paula and she's kinda spooky herself :D.

Now presenting, in no certain order.....

1) A beautiful bunch of pressies, including a wonderful bundle of glass in yellows, oranges and reds.

2) A WhooDoo of incredible colors along with a note on the WooDoo history. Too cute.

3) A perfect pair of earrings in greens, orange and pink.

4) An incredible bracelet in all my favorite colors. A perfect fit in both size and personality.

Wow, I can only hope my gift measures up to all this.

AMR GlassWorks
03-03-2005, 10:40 AM
Whoa!!! What fun items!!! :clap: Paula I love everything you made there!! So Brenda who's next on the list?

BGillen
03-03-2005, 11:20 AM
Well, I don't know If I want to tell.

It's someone special,

Someone near and dear,

Someone who raises h**l,

It's........................................................Mr. Smiley

AMR GlassWorks
03-03-2005, 11:28 AM
It's.......................WHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

dogmaw
03-03-2005, 11:41 AM
Me me!!! By the description it must be me! :evil:

Jo

BGillen
03-03-2005, 11:45 AM
You have to highlight if you really want to know. :evil: :evil:

AMR GlassWorks
03-03-2005, 11:51 AM
TELL US!!!!!!!!!!!

highlight enough for ya! :evil:

AMR GlassWorks
03-03-2005, 12:52 PM
Please??!! I've only got 9 beads made because I keep coming back here to see who it will be next!! LOL!

BGillen
03-03-2005, 12:54 PM
It's Mr. Smiley!!!!

AMR GlassWorks
03-03-2005, 01:02 PM
LOL! Well I think your description fit pretty good!! Wonder what the goodies will be from him!! :D

Girlie~O~
03-03-2005, 01:20 PM
JAW DROPPING Gorgeous STUFF for EVERYONE!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Deb, your AWESOME for starting this project!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

bolimasa
03-03-2005, 03:09 PM
You guys have all made such great gifts!!!!
I am starting to feel intimidated as I haven't even started mine yet, and the more I read this thread the more unworthy I feel.... I guess I'd better get creative!....soon!

Paula.. it's nice to see your work! You're one of the "mystery people" who's work I've never seen!.... very nice!

KristiB
03-03-2005, 03:33 PM
Wow WOW and WOW!!!

Everyone's gifts are SO awesome :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Paula that Woo Doo guy is too cute. :p

(insert Wayne's world voices here) I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy.

Yikes! I better get busy and finish the rest of mine ;)

Can't wait to see the next gift!

Kristi

glassfreek
03-04-2005, 11:32 PM
Paula, I second what Kristi said...WOWWWWW! Everything is just amazing!!! THUDOLA! You are one lucky babe Brenda!!! All the HOT HOT HOT colors...go figure girl, lol! Mr Smiley....can't wait to see your gift from B! Oh, the anticipation!!!!!xo Deb

Sally Noyes
03-05-2005, 12:46 AM
I know just how you feel Linda.
In a moment of madness I actually put my name down for this, with all of the beautiful gifts being given I'm starting to feel just a little intimidated by it all.
I start working on mine and then I see the next gift to arrive on someone's doorstep and I scrap it and start again. I think my jaw is starting to come unhinged from the number of times it's hit the floor. Gorgeous work everyone. :clap:

Sally

BGillen
03-05-2005, 05:44 PM
OK Mr. Smiley, your package is winging it way down to you even now. You should have it on your doorstep by Monday, Tuesday at the latest. Sent it Priority so they would handle it a little gentler, cause it is a delicate little thing.

Hope you like it.

Mr.Smiley
03-06-2005, 07:39 PM
I'm ready to go... Just need to know who I'm sending it to. I can make mine "XXX" rated if they wish :) I also have a "G" rated gift lined up too... Just let me know. :D

:clap: :clap: :clap: I get to check the mail with aniticipation tomorrow! :clap: :clap: :clap:

snootyvixen
03-06-2005, 07:55 PM
I'm ready to go... Just need to know who I'm sending it to. I can make mine "XXX" rated if they wish :) I also have a "G" rated gift lined up too... Just let me know. :D

Omigosh! If I could be so lucky as to be receiving a gift from Mr Smiley, it had better be XXX rated!!!

Then again .... I'm not sure I'm ready with my gift yet! LOL!

Vikki

Bazile
03-06-2005, 08:22 PM
I am so not ready, I want to be near to last but then I keep thinking that will be worse...
These gifts are so wonderful...you all are so talented. I am not sure how I managed to sign up with NEWBIE stamped across my head... :D :wave:

dogmaw
03-06-2005, 09:41 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: I get to check the mail with aniticipation tomorrow! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Keeping my fingers crossed that I get Mr. Smiley's XXX present..... :D

Jo

BGillen
03-07-2005, 02:43 PM
I wonder if Mr. Smileys mail has come yet. Pins and needles here hoping he likes his gift.

Mr.Smiley
03-08-2005, 09:22 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

It came in yesterdays mail!!! Awesome! I have always wanted a glass kaleidescope. My 4 year old daughter is practicing closing one eye with out using her finger, so she can opperate it all by herself. The choker fits perfect... I love the hemp. Thanks so much!!!

Here are a few pics... the one in the kaleidescope doesn't show much color, but I just had to try. Brenda also sent another end kit for me to put my own pretties in and have two spinners. This is so very cool. I'm gonna have my little girl pick the next name and go PM them... ;)

glassfreek
03-08-2005, 09:51 AM
WOWSER! Brenda that kalaidascope is AWESOME, the chocker and bead are gorgeous....just amazing girl! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Cute story about your daughter Brent! Oh, I wonder who gets Mr Smiley's present???? This is great, please don't worry if you are a "new to this" (I try not to use newbie) artist....ALL the gifts are super and we ALL worried about them before we sent them! I love all the diversity of gifts, what amazing talent you all have! Hugs Deb ;)

midniteburner
03-08-2005, 10:05 AM
Brenda:

WOW!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: I too love k-scopes!!!!!!!!

Sara

BGillen
03-08-2005, 10:18 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

It came in yesterdays mail!!! Awesome! I have always wanted a glass kaleidescope. My 4 year old daughter is practicing closing one eye with out using her finger, so she can opperate it all by herself. The choker fits perfect... I love the hemp. Thanks so much!!!

Here are a few pics... the one in the kaleidescope doesn't show much color, but I just had to try. Brenda also sent another end kit for me to put my own pretties in and have two spinners. This is so very cool. I'm gonna have my little girl pick the next name and go PM them... ;)

Yea, he got the box :clap:

Brent, glad you like the gifties. I tried to do "not too girlie".

The next person has already been picked for you. (see circled name). Have your daughter pick the next, next person. You send to the next person, get it?

Shawn T.
03-08-2005, 12:00 PM
Brenda,
What a beautiful amazing gift! The kalaidascope is way too cool! What a neat idea, and so unique. Did you make the whole thing yourself? The cocker is beautiful also.

Paula, Your bracelets are to die for. Suzy just showed us one she got from you the the CA thread, Don't know how the heck you can put so much beads and time into one piece. How long do they take you to make?

WOW I am still bown away with all the gifts.

kyyardlizard
03-08-2005, 12:23 PM
Shawn....to much work...actually it takes about 2 hours to put one together..not to bad since the necklaces take about 6 - 10 hours...I think I should just stick with the who-dos....alot more fun... :D

BGillen
03-08-2005, 02:14 PM
Yeah Paula but your braclets are amazing. I've had three people threaten to steal mine today. I just love it.

Mr.Smiley
03-08-2005, 02:36 PM
The next person is MISTYMADE! Misty, you have been warned! Get ready!!! It's coming your way! :clap: :clap: :clap:

mistymade
03-09-2005, 10:30 PM
OMGosh! I'm so excited!!! I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait!!!:D:D:D

I'm just blown away by everyone's gifts!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I just hope the next person will be happy with my giftie. I have to admit to feeling a little bit intimidated! Ya'll are sooooooooo talented!

KristiB
03-09-2005, 11:56 PM
Misty!

WHO is talented??? I wish I had as much talent as you have in you little finger!!

You're awesome! Don't you know that yet? ;)

Kristi

kyyardlizard
03-10-2005, 10:20 PM
I can't wait to see what you get!!!! :evil: ;)

kyyardlizard
03-12-2005, 11:18 AM
Hasn't the mail come yet???? I'm dying to know what you get.... ;)

midniteburner
03-12-2005, 03:44 PM
Ok Misty...Now don't be shy about taking a photo...

Hey, why don't we have someone do a pictorial??? :evil: :wink2:

Misty receives the box...

Misty opens the box...

The PRICELESS look on Misty's face :p :p :wink2: :eek:

hehehehehehehehe!!!!!!!

Sara

Mr.Smiley
03-12-2005, 04:15 PM
Misty got a "G" rated gift... sorry to disapoint you twisted folks... ;) I just had a few nice things here that I wanted to share. I sure hope it get's there soon. I may have to track it if it's not there today. :D

mistymade
03-12-2005, 06:19 PM
Wooooooohooooooooo!!! My giftie is here!!! Thank you soooooooo much Mr. Smiley! My "G" rated gifts are so cool! :cool:
I'm doin the happy dance!:D

Brent sent me this gorgeous pendant that I've already put on rubber cord and I'm wearing right now...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Mar-2005/10536-MrSmiley1pendant.jpg

And a marble with amazing depth...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Mar-2005/10536-MrSmiley2marble.jpg

An adorable ring that fits my pinkie finger perfectly...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Mar-2005/10536-MrSmiley4ring.jpg

And an unbelievable gorgeous fabulous huge vessel!!! My jaw about hit the floor when I opened the box and seen it!!! Then I showed it to my mom and I thought she was gonna take it!!! LOL It is absolutley stunning!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH BRENT!!! You made my day!!!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Mar-2005/10536-MrSmiley3vessel.jpg

Kristi, thank you! You are so sweet!

Sara, *snicker*snort*:evil::D LOL
My daughter went to the P.O. with me to pick up the package. I tore the package open as soon as I got in the car and for a minute I had to think...G rated or R rated...Brent had sent me an e-mail and told me that it was G rated. I would have had to explain to my 9 yr. old what the magic wand was for! LMAO!:D:D:D

Mr.Smiley
03-12-2005, 06:49 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Yeah! It all made it safe and sound!!! I am so glad you like it.

mobility
03-12-2005, 06:55 PM
WOW!!!! WTG, Smiley!!! :clap:

Misty, you lucky lucky girl!

Shawn T.
03-12-2005, 08:13 PM
Misty, couldn't have gone to a better person. You so deserve to be spolied and what beautiful gifts you recieved.

Brent, no surprise I am in love with your work, you know you have already captured my heart. oh wait I have your heart. :wink2:
Stunning gifts, and my favorite colors.

Sooo Misty who will be the lucky person to recieve something amazing from your talented fingers.

Girlie~O~
03-12-2005, 11:35 PM
WOWZERS~ The gifts have been amazing!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Very lickable :evil: :D :p :cool:

kyyardlizard
03-13-2005, 10:27 AM
Misty....what an amazing gift....I love Brent's work...especially the hearts..but after seeing that vessel...HOLY MOLY!!!!

Lucky Girl!!!!! OK.....who is the next lucky person??????

AMR GlassWorks
03-13-2005, 03:05 PM
Don't open this link ya'll! This nimbasa is busy hitting the threads here!! :rolleyes:

midniteburner
03-13-2005, 04:45 PM
What's going on here???

Why are there now 3 of this same thread listed in this community?

Sara

mistymade
03-13-2005, 10:11 PM
Okay...are ya'll ready???

The next person on the list is.......

Jeff Welsh!!!
Get ready Jeff! Your giftie will be shipped tomorrow (Monday) morning!!!:D:D:D

snootyvixen
03-13-2005, 10:30 PM
Beautiful goodies, Misty! Can't wait to see what Jeff gets :D

Vikki

glassfreek
03-13-2005, 10:58 PM
WOWSER!!! THUD!!! What awesome gifts Brent!! Misty, you lucky woman!! I can't wait to see what Jeff gets, you are amazing Misty (I second Kristi's post!). This is just an INCREDIBLE group!! :clap: ;) :clap: :clap: :clap: In awe....Deb ;)

jeffwelsh23462
03-14-2005, 07:56 AM
yippie !!!!! misty i'll be on the look out! i'm so EXCITED!

BGillen
03-14-2005, 01:53 PM
Wow Brent, those gifties are georgous. Lucky Misty.

jeffwelsh23462
03-17-2005, 09:20 AM
waiting patiently .. the package hasn't arrived yet!!! but we have our gift all ready for the next person! soon as i receive the package i will photo gifts and reveal the next person!!!!

bolimasa
03-17-2005, 12:23 PM
If by chance my name gets picked in the next two weeks could you please put in back and pick another. I have an easter trip planned, my MIL died last night (a blessing really, but lousy timing), so we are trying to work out a funeral in another state so my life is a bit complicated at the moment. Thanks!

Kimberly Affleck
03-17-2005, 01:21 PM
If by chance my name gets picked in the next two weeks could you please put in back and pick another. I have an easter trip planned, my MIL died last night (a blessing really, but lousy timing), so we are trying to work out a funeral in another state so my life is a bit complicated at the moment. Thanks!

((((((((((Hugs))))))))))

jeffwelsh23462
03-17-2005, 02:48 PM
OKAY... THE PACKAGE IS HERE..... I opened it up to find presents for everyone in the family, I opened the one that said "to: sandra" all i can say is WOW!! SOOOO BEAUTIFUL MISTY!!! I have the others placed aside for Jeff and the kids when they get home... as soon as they open theirs i will take photos and share the gifts with you..... but i did want to let you know who is next.......................................

ANNE RICKETTS!!!!!!!!

your package will be shipped tomorrow .. so be on the look out!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

jeffwelsh23462
03-17-2005, 07:36 PM
here are the pictures of the gifts our family received from misty..... misty, Jeff said " he loves his gift alot, already has it on!!!!" misty also sent me a beautiful necklace and matching earrings. both gifts came in the beautiful boxes pictured with each. also, jeff's necklace and ring say "plays with fire" on both of them...... AWESOME! Plus she also sent our 3 kids some easter candy, which they were THRILLED about!!!!
misty, thank you so much to think of everyone in our family was the biggest surprise of them all!!!!!

sandra, jeff, sierra, cheyenne, and jeffrey II!

AMR GlassWorks
03-17-2005, 08:12 PM
Oui!!!! What purties!! Ok I've got some things made but I'll work on the other stuff tomorrow! I've been swamped and Sat thru Mon I'll be with Kimberly! :D Ok Jeff, is something gonna jump out at me? :eek: Is that why you sent me the evil smiley? :D I can't wait to see!!! Linda big hugs for you and your family!!

mistymade
03-17-2005, 08:28 PM

Sandra, Jeff, and kids...I'm so glad you liked your gifties! Sandra, I sent you a pm.:D

Shawn T.
03-17-2005, 08:33 PM
Misty what awesome gifts!
It was so sweet of you to think of the whole family, of course I know your sweet already. :wink2: So talented and truely wonderful gifts you have given to Jeff and his family.

Linda sorry to hear of your loss, my prayers are with you and your family.

Anne, I would watch out. You never know what could be lurking in that box.

Girlie~O~
03-17-2005, 10:26 PM
Holy Smokes!!!!! What a haul!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Awesome gifts!!!

beachglassgirl
03-18-2005, 05:07 PM
I have been looking at all of the beauties that people have received and I just have to say...OMG - for the first time in my life, I am speechless! :D What incredible work from everyone! I am so nervous! And to think that there are how many weeks left? I am so impressed with the generosity and kindness I have seen here. I know they say it is better to give than to receive, but I don't think they would say the same again if they saw this thread! :evil: Beauties everyone and I can't wait to see what Anne gets!

AMR GlassWorks
03-18-2005, 05:21 PM
Beauties everyone and I can't wait to see what Anne gets!
Yeah, me either! :evil: LOL! I did work some stuff today and I hope whoever gets it likes it!! (we need a worried smiley face here!! LOL! )

midniteburner
03-19-2005, 05:54 AM
Misty: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Those are awesome gifts!!!!!!!!! Even making the kids happy!!! :cat:

Sara

glassfreek
03-21-2005, 01:33 AM
First of all, Linda, I am so sorry, hope all goes peacefully for you, big hugs!
Second, WOWSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jaw dropping gifties...all of them! The ring is awesome, the necklaces and earrings are fabulous...I like that floating heart too! Misty, you are a GEM of a person....big hearted and darn talented in so many ways!!! What a sweetie to think of all of them..this generosity here is outstanding!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Misty....I would LOVE to have a ring like that...I love the "plays with fire"!!! Is it one of a kind or do you make/plan to make more of those because I would buy one anytime!!! PLEASE????? This is so much fun....I can't wait to start again! Hugs Deb

AMR GlassWorks
03-22-2005, 12:12 AM
Well it was one major "Oh.......my........Gawd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", all at the same time from my family as I opened up this huge package when I got home tonight! I'm totally dumbstruck!!!! Thank you sooooooo much Jeff and Sandra!!!!!!!!! I was hoping I was getting a dragon but I was really expecting a pendant!! LOL!!! I was definatly not expecting this most awesome glass sculpture.....in my colors I might add!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: I just love it and both boys asked if they could put it in their rooms.......NOT!!!!!! I wish I had a mantle above my fireplace!! I may have to go out and buy a shelf just to showcase this!! I can't even imagine how you did this but I'm sure glad you did!! :D I have 3 pics of this. The last on is the dreaded "hand pic" but I wanted to give you some idea of how big this baby is!! Wahooo!!!

Sally Noyes
03-22-2005, 12:19 AM
OMG !!!!!!
That is just amazing. :clap:
I am in awe of the talent on display here.

Sally

snootyvixen
03-22-2005, 12:24 AM
DAMN!!!!!!!

That's really neat, Ann, not to mention HUGE!!

Vikki

AMR GlassWorks
03-22-2005, 12:24 AM
Oh yeah, I guess ya'll want to know who's next huh? Well I had to laugh because of the cowinkydink of who's name was circled! It's the same gal who ended up with my Chinese Auction goodies! So without further ado the person next on the list is.......

Misty Cherie

You've been warned!!! :evil: :D

glassfreek
03-22-2005, 01:05 AM
THUD, JAW DROPPING WITH DROOLING!WOWSER!!!!! THAT IS ONE INCREDIBLE DRAGON JEFF!!! OH MY MY MY!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Anne, I am so glad you got him, he is so sweet, just like you! Hugs Deb

KristiB
03-22-2005, 01:44 AM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I think I might have to drop out of this... IT's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out of my league. :(

Thank is absolutely AMAZAING Jeff! :clap: :clap: :clap: Anne you are one lucky ducky!

(repeat) The talent here amazes me... The gift just keep getting bigger and better!

Kristi

glassfreek
03-22-2005, 02:22 AM
Jeff O Myyyyyyyyy I Must Also Say Holly [email protected] That Rocks.
But I Think You Put The Wrong Addy On That Box Couse It Never Did Show Up Here.sorry Ann Just Pack It Back Up And Send It Off To Meeeee Asap Befor You Get To Atached.

Mike

beachbeads
03-22-2005, 02:54 AM
What a gift Jeff!! And Misty, your's rock, I alway's love seeing what you do, such a talented woman..

AMR GlassWorks
03-22-2005, 07:55 AM
Jeff O Myyyyyyyyy I Must Also Say Holly [email protected] That Rocks.
But I Think You Put The Wrong Addy On That Box Couse It Never Did Show Up Here.sorry Ann Just Pack It Back Up And Send It Off To Meeeee Asap Befor You Get To Atached.

Mike
Um.....YEAH RIGHT!!!!! I don't think so!! This dragon was fate for me to get because the colors are right up my ally!!! I just love it and my jaw is still hurting from hanging open so long!! :D

jeffwelsh23462
03-22-2005, 08:20 AM
hi anne, i am soooo glad you like it. jeff made this at his day job at a local glass company and had them airbrush the colors and all the jewelry was uv'd on like the earring in the ear and such. he doesn't make many of these. jeff asked me last night if i had heard from you yet about receiving the package. i told him no. i didn't have much time last night to get on computer, was helping a friend with some digital camera problems.....
glad it arrived safe and secure, jeff was worried!!!
sandra

AMR GlassWorks
03-22-2005, 08:26 AM
It got here yesterday and I was in class with Kimberly Affleck. I called on a break to see if the box had gotten here and I bout fell over when David said how big the box was! :eek: I told him not to open it!!! LOL! Everyone here thinks it is just soooooo cool! There is finally something make from glass in my house that the boys don't go "oh, that's nice mom"! :rolleyes:

kyyardlizard
03-22-2005, 10:11 AM
Damn!!!! These gifts are totally rock'n.....

Misty....your jewelry is awesome as always....love the plays with fire necklace and that heart...go girl!!!

Jeff....that dragon is freak'n unbelievable......

MistyCherie
03-22-2005, 12:45 PM
Wow, that dragon is totally awesome! So I'm up next :eek: I have to say that Anne's stuff I got in the CA was awesome--so whatever it is...I know I will love it! Now it's just a waiting game, for me...and for whoever I send my goodies to!

dogmaw
03-22-2005, 04:09 PM
Jeff, that is an awesome dragon!!! Seeing all the goodies I'm not getting is certainly a treat. :)

Jo

Suz01
03-22-2005, 06:07 PM
That dragon is amazing - i am jealous!! (Just see my signature line! :D -although it doesnt say anyhting about a guitar :confused: )

But I think you are cheating jeff - if i thought I could by one of those for $50, I'd be going shopping!! :)

Amazing work so far from everyone - you just keep raising the bar. (its getting REALLY scary!!! :eek: )

Suzanne

lunamoonshadow
03-22-2005, 06:28 PM
That dragon is amazing - i am jealous!! (Just see my signature line! :D -although it doesnt say anyhting about a guitar :confused: )

But I think you are cheating jeff - if i thought I could by one of those for $50, I'd be going shopping!! :)

Amazing work so far from everyone - you just keep raising the bar. (its getting REALLY scary!!! :eek: )

Suzanne

I totally AGREE :D....(amazing Dragon...I want one....)
I think a few of us are going to be PETRIFIED by the time OUR TURN comes!!! eeeek to the third power....
~~lyn

beachbeads
03-22-2005, 07:26 PM
I totally AGREE :D....(amazing Dragon...I want one....)
I think a few of us are going to be PETRIFIED by the time OUR TURN comes!!! eeeek to the third power....
~~lyn
I know I am, I'm thought i had the PERFECT gift and as I see some of these I am feling quite inferior!

InsanityBeader
03-22-2005, 07:46 PM
I have decided not to sweat it!! :) I know that I will totally thrilled with anything someone has taken the time and forethought to put together for me!! I know that when I send my item, it will consist of my very best/favorite items. I'm certainly no dragon creator (I TOTAALLLY LOVE THAT DRAGON!) but I do like what I make. When you make you gift, just send what you love yourself and don't compare it! I started to do that in the beginning and I just don't see where any good will come from that!! So from that moment on I decided that it's best to send what you love. You are sharing your art and with that you will NOT fail! :)

Toodles