PDA

View Full Version : Show Your Amusing Holiday Cards

Sylvielu
12-06-2004, 10:53 AM
My paper delivery person slipped this card in my Sunday paper. So I thought I'd like to share and see other cards folks here have received. 'Tis the season of jolly and cheer :D
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Dec-2004/2752-hoho.jpg1.jpg
And the back:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Dec-2004/2752-hoho2.jpg1.jpg

raian
12-06-2004, 09:07 PM
LOL!!! That is too stinkin' cute! I haven't received any funny cards.

Yorky
12-08-2004, 03:08 AM
He He He - now that is funny :D :D :D

Doug

Rod
12-08-2004, 05:25 AM
Neat card, Lol,

Rod

sandyzebra
12-10-2004, 01:43 AM
That card is great !!!! Really enjoyed it.

Hey Sylvielu, Up until a week or so ago I hung out at colored pencil forum looking at all the past art work. Finally made my way over to watercolor about a week ago and spent many hours, going through all threads started by you. That was because I happened to randomly click on a thread and saw a piece of artwork by you. Can't remember what it was now but was intrigued enough to search your work out. I love your style and I especially like the fact that I never know what you have done when I open a thread. Your choice of subject matter is really amazing, interesting, very entertaining. I love your work.

zebra

p.s. Actually I only got through about 7 pages of posts started by you. I believe there is still more to go but then my husband took his laptop to work so will wait until the weekend again when I can sit on my bed, comfortably, and start surfing the boards again. Usually I am at my desk in my office working so it's hard to get through many posts.

Sylvielu
12-10-2004, 11:14 AM
Zebra, what a wonderful compliment. I will use this oppurtunity to tell you a little about me. I was always interested in art. I watched my relatives sketch and draw as a child when visiting grandma with cousins. Back then there were no computers or video games. One grew up to be a very successful cartoonist.

Life went on and one day my mother in law came to visit from Israel. I'd seen some of her work and then I watched her patiently do a painting of my house while sitting on the ground outside for hours. I thought,"I can do that."

I started experimenting. I've had no lessons or workshops. All that I know comes from library books, Northlight Books, and watching and learning techniques done on Wetcanvas.

I am a paint junkie. I have a lot of paint but most times I use a limited palette of 4 to 6 colors.

I spend most of the daylight hours thinking about art. I browse through my digital photos looking for something new that I may have overlooked before. I know when I've found something because the subject speaks to me in a way that's hard to explain.

I've been to the best museums here and saw many famous painter's work and visited galleries in most places I've visited in California.

My goal will be to someday have enough space to paint on full sheets. I used to do pastels and acrylics on full sheets.

I look forward to seeing some of your work. :) sylvia

sandyzebra
12-11-2004, 01:31 PM
Hi sylvielu,

thanks for sharing about yourself, your art, etc. Really interesting. I think you may live near me, just from what I have gathered through your posts. I am in the inland empire, southern california.

anyway, really really have enjoyed your work.