PDA

View Full Version : You can go your own way

Tamana
12-05-2004, 08:18 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-05-2004/18021_Go_your_own_way.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-05-2004/18021_you_can_call_it_anotherrrrrrrrr_lonely_day.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-05-2004/18021_lonely_loneleee_dayyyyy.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: You can go your own way
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Oil
Surface: Paper
Dimension: One Way
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:

earthbot1
12-05-2004, 08:45 PM
This is a interesting work. I think the paint and texture work well. I might have to explore some of your methods, because they make the paintings so strong.

Spyderbabe
12-05-2004, 08:56 PM
Hey Tam, for all the lovely colors this has a lonely en utero type feeling to it. The form is dimished in relation to all the space above.
I guess you can always go your own way but it's often a lonely route.

Tamana
12-05-2004, 09:01 PM
:wave: Hey Asimo! Thanks for looking and saying...and feel free. Anything to enhance the beauty of art I'm ALL for!! :)

Kathleen; :) Thanks for looking and saying... I think it actually goes something like that. Thanks always for feeling.

I have some boots for you. ;)

Michael-Ann
12-05-2004, 09:09 PM
Tam you have become quite a master at sculpting paintings that chameleon into whatever one is feeling. I wonder what I will see in this tomorrow or the next day, ya know? Right now, she is overwhelmed, disoriented, lost, vulnerable...but she knows there is someone out there, a caretaker of sorts...she can feel him...there is hope.

dornberg
12-05-2004, 11:25 PM
i like the color and positioning

LisaArt
12-06-2004, 05:31 AM
Hi Tam, again, your use of colour is smashing. You really have an eye for colour!

Wayne Gaudon
12-06-2004, 06:13 AM
great positioning . like the clay reds .. always have a calming effect.

haaf
12-06-2004, 10:06 AM
This is a strong piece Tam
Strong lady there among the solid boulder like shapes.
What is the size?
Caroline ;)

Dhuot
12-06-2004, 01:00 PM
Tam, I really like the way you painted those eyes ( upper left & middle )

I know how he or she feels......

Gilberte
12-06-2004, 01:24 PM
Yes she can go her own way but she's well surrounded ...

Tamana
12-06-2004, 08:41 PM
:wave: Hi guys!! Thanks for all the eyes and wordzzz! :D

Hey Mikuhl A'yanne! Wow...I think that is one of THE most ultimate compliments I could receive. Thank you much, ma'yam. That you would see yourself in one of my pieces differently everyday amazes me -- and humbles me to know. Thank you for saying always. :)

Bob; So appreciate your notations regarding color...I'm really comparing this one to the others due to the mention of positioning. Thank you for sharing your time.

Lisa!! Thank you!! You should see how I dress!!! :eek: ;)

Wayne; Thanks for the input. Appreciate it. Clay reds...yes...they are calming like cool stucco on a hot day.

Caroline; Strong, wow thanks. Really appreciate that. She's just a toddler -- 14 x 11. All of late have been. Bought a book that size to do then I'll buy a bigger, maybe 12 x 16 or 16 x 20. Then again I might just plunge head on huge. ;) Thank you as always for looking and saying. :)

Daneil: Thanks for noticing and saying. It's truly appreciated. Then you also know it passes like a day or a week or a month of our lives into the next day or week or month of our life and when we look back (if we let go) we realize more often than not the lesson was worth the price of pain (if we choose to learn). :) Thank you again for your words.

Madame!! I'm reminded EVERYDAY in almost EVERYTHING (especially art) I see that I'm not alone...ever. You know that too apparantly. ;)

Thank you all again for your wonderful words, your time and your encouragement always.
~