GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Morning walk- the Frog
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 5 x 7
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I had this idea for a fun ebay charity auction of a small expressive dachshound spotting a frog for the first time

(This is Coco- he is yet another homeless Doxie )

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Overall how does it work?

Gilberte
12-05-2004, 02:21 PM
Another painting by the lady with the big heart !
Just a suggestiong Stella ... if you could enhance the frog a tad as now it blends slightly with its background (the grasses). This would make a lovely diagonal liaison between Coco and the frog ...

sugar tree gal
12-05-2004, 05:41 PM
Stella, agree with Gilberte.. the look on the dogs face is priceless!! :clap: Janice

Tamana
12-05-2004, 07:30 PM
Wonderful concept, Stella!!! The frog doesn't seem intimidated at all. ;) Bet he's prince charming in disguise. :cool: I always like the blue you use in your darks for shadows. Great rendition of the dog - those are the sweetest little dogs. We had one when I was little and I just loved him to death -- his name was....yes....Weiner. :wink2:

What?! I was only around four or so...what did you expect?!

Michael-Ann
12-05-2004, 09:13 PM
Stella, you do such wonderful work :) The Pup seems positively lively and engaged...I'm thinking maybe a bit more shadow beneath the frog to ground him a bit more. Besides for that, I wouldn't change a thing.

LisaArt
12-06-2004, 05:23 AM
Hi Stella, adorable, works well, Happy you posted the closeup. Your pup looks very livey, his eyes are marvelled by the froggy.

Wayne Gaudon
12-06-2004, 06:21 AM
little dog loves will line up LOL .. nice expression

haaf
12-06-2004, 10:54 AM
Stella,
Great idea
You've captured the playfullness allright from the little teckel
The fact that you've depicted the frog 'en profile' makes the frog rendition a little bit like an illustration I think.
Caroline ;)