PDA

View Full Version : Yay! It's Saturday Show and Tell Dec 4

CalmWaterStudio
12-04-2004, 02:35 AM
Christmas tree is up... Griswald lights on the house... and I'm headed to bed. I wanted to start today's Show and Tell first..... I think this is the first one I've started!!!!

Have a great Saturday!!! Do something fun!!!

Two kitties from me... and a simple Gaffer focal.

mystykbead
12-04-2004, 02:46 AM
I love your kitties, They are just way to cute. All of your work is definately awesome though!! :wave:
Lindz

Briatha
12-04-2004, 03:29 AM
Adorable kitties and stunning focal.

I just have a set of Spring Canyon Lentils

glasglas
12-04-2004, 08:13 AM
We have some animal print vessels and jewelry. Ordered a bunch of Bali a while ago, so it's definitely fun to sit down and play with all those options...but I'm also hearing the call of all those beautiful pearl colors that are available. I'm drooling over Kaye's picture of the results of her pearl addiction!

- debbie, who is soooo excited to get xmas tree tomorrow!

Mr.Smiley
12-04-2004, 08:42 AM
Awesome stuff folks! I love those cats!!!

Here is a boro cobalt vessel- complete with Tink inspired handles. ;)

A winged heart and a little frit heart. I thought I was going to have fun torch time this weekend and then another order came in for Tuesday. No fishing or free torch time for me. I guess I could have worse problems... Maybe I'll get to more jewelry next week. :wave:

Donni
12-04-2004, 09:08 AM
this thread is like a coffee table magazine of beautiful glass beads!

unreal.....

here's mine for today. :)

AutumnH
12-04-2004, 09:38 AM
What great things to wake up to! Here is a quickie necklace I put together yesterday morning for our holiday open house this weekend. I had a ton of compliments when I wore it yesterday!!

Thanks to those who provided tutorials and tips for these pieces of candy. You guys rock!

dogmaw
12-04-2004, 10:31 AM
Lots of vessels today! Just to add to the trend....

Jo

AMR GlassWorks
12-04-2004, 10:37 AM
Another yummer start to my day!! Awesome goodies ya'll! Have to post and run get my day started! I'm either insane (a bit) or can't think of anything to do anymore but I've started going back to what I was doing at the 1st of the year and making the set into what I call micro minis. :D Here's a couple I did the day before, the 2 sets I did yesterday are soaking in the water! Have a great day ya'll!

CarolS
12-04-2004, 11:22 AM
This is one of my first attempts at a set of beads. Until this, I've been mostly just making "one-offs". Here, I was aiming for 5 beads that looked related, and had proportional sizes. Not super exciting, but I'm happy with how they came out. And I think that clear stringer looks like gel toothpaste!

Beads-Me!
12-04-2004, 11:25 AM
Great S&T as usual. Since this seems to be the day for vessels I'll show mine. I'm making vessels for Dave's nephew and nieces. We're hoping to get his brothers' ashes and then give each of them a vessel to keep. I have only made one or two before so this is my first practice piece... Transparent cobalt with EDP encased with Rubino stringer.....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Dec-2004/14950-111111111111111111Vessel2005.jpg

edit: I'm not sure why it's so huge!! The file is at it's smallest setting.... :confused:

jeffwelsh23462
12-04-2004, 12:24 PM
good saturday everyone! Well Jeff has been busy with special orders but he has managed to do a few things too including sea dragons, jester frog and some dichroic and moretti rings. hope all of you are doing great! Have a fantastic day!
Sandra :) :)

DesertDreamer
12-04-2004, 12:31 PM
I just listed these last night, and I'm absolutely thrilled with 'em. The first one is Uroboros black wrapped in silver foil, sprinkled with Val's Silver Lake frit, then encased with Gaffer clear. I think it looks like a view down from a plane at, oh, 20,000 ft or so. :D

The second is Uroboros black, wrapped in silver foil (again) then dotted with raku stringer. I was thrilled by the way the colors shifted somewhat evenly.

snootyvixen
12-04-2004, 02:45 PM
Great S&T thread today!

I'm sick as a dog, I've got mono and I"m NOT a good patient, especially with no-one to take care of me!

Here's my latest, they're HUGE for me - my beads are mostly around the 10mm mark. The green set is BE dark transparent green with jade. The center bead is the same combination, but with a layer of silver leaf over the dk trans. green. I don't know whether to leave it in the set or sell it seperately - what do you think? The center bead is 18mm.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Dec-2004/14836-b041203_green.jpg

Then there's this set, made from a sheet of stained glass. I had some trouble cutting it as the glass was thick and my cutter was old, so it tended to cut into "shards" rather than strips. I used each shard to create a bead. I just love all the colors in here, and the different density of each color. Center "egg" shaped bead is 23mm x 17mm

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Dec-2004/14836-b041203_sheet.jpg

Vikki

sarakay
12-04-2004, 03:44 PM
Lots of beautiful work today. I bet it would all look great on, oh, say, a CALENDAR!! Hint, hint...

:evil: :D :wave:

Daphne of Dilluvian
12-04-2004, 04:07 PM
Great stuff. I haven't posted here for quite awhile so thought I'd add one I did a little while ago and plan on doing more of. CarolS, thought that I'd tell you that those definately belong well together. It is so hard to get bead sets going. I usually make about 30 beads before I have 10 that I feel I want to call a set.

CarolS
12-04-2004, 04:24 PM
Oh! See, I thought I had to decide before hand exactly how many beads to make and exactly what they're going to look like as a set before I even got started. Today, I tried to be less uptight and "play" more, so we'll see what comes out of the kiln!

Thank you Daphne!
Carol

richsantaclaus
12-04-2004, 06:53 PM
Beautiful and inspirational things today - very nice!

thatgirl
12-04-2004, 07:27 PM
So many beautiful bright beadies to start off my morning! :clap:

Here's my contribution.. been working on my florals lately, particularly my encased florals, and these are the pick of the bunch over the last few days.

Cheers,
Sue :cat:

Emily NZ
12-04-2004, 09:40 PM
Beautiful work today!
Emily
http://www.emilylake.com/

zim
12-04-2004, 09:52 PM
Beautiful work everyone :clap: :clap: :clap: .

Hey Mr Smiley- I NEED that cobalt heart!!! I can picture it on a nice silver chain around my neck :D

~D :wink2:

Paul Katherman
12-04-2004, 10:16 PM
Nice work today everyone! Love the vessels. :wave: