Good Morning to you.......

Good Morning to you.......

We're all in our places

With bright shiny faces

Good morning to you......

Good morning to you........

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Dec-2004/22284-14007-froghop.gif

My phone is fixed..:D

I have started a GET WELL (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234332) thread for our own Guide Barb..

Have laughed at Brians fish people (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234263).. I am definitely #8 :D

Did you see the Cookie (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233618) thread?? Have you got favourites??? :)

A whole heap of us (not me) are having such a rough time of it lately healthwise and otherwise..

Huge hugs guys, and prayers..

THIS MIGHT CHEER YOU UP............ ;)

A Christmas Story for people having a bad day....

When four of Santa's elves got sick, and the trainee elves did not produce the toys as fast as the regular ones, Santa was beginning to feel the pressure of being behind schedule.
Then Mrs. Claus told Santa that her Mom was coming to visit. This stressed Santa even more.

When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were about to give birth and two had jumped the fence and were out, heaven knows where. More stress.
Then when he began to load the sleigh one of the boards cracked, and the toy bag fell to the ground and scattered the toys.

So, frustrated, Santa went into the house for a cup of apple cider and a shot of rum.
When he went to the cupboard, he discovered that the elves had hidden the liquor, and there was nothing to drink. In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the cider pot, and it broke into hundreds of little pieces all over the kitchen floor.

He went to get the broom and found that mice had eaten the straw end of the broom.
Just then the doorbell rang, and irritable Santa trudged to the door.
He opened the door, and there was a little angel with a great big Christmas tree. The angel said, very cheerfully, "Merry Christmas Santa. Isn't it a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Where would you like me to stick it?"

And so began the tradition of the little angel on top of the Christmas tree.

SYLVIA Did you sort out your email notifications, or lack thereof????

Ellen in Ont
12-04-2004, 12:02 AM
JJ - ROFLMAO :D I will remember that one! What a nice way to end the day. I sang that song in kindergarten!
Just on my way to bed and checking in to say goodnight.
See everyone in the morning... my morning that is. :D

Lulu
12-04-2004, 03:39 AM
Hi JJ, Hi Ellen:)

JJ, I have a BIG smile on my face after reading that story lol

btw is that green thingee a cane toad???:p
And you'r not #8, you've just given it to me :eek: :cat: :wink2:

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to bed I go.......................... :wave:

Europa
12-04-2004, 03:51 AM
Morning JJ - Ellen and Lulu

Sad day today am afraid - just had a phone call to inform me that my Mum's cousin has passed away - her brother found her last night - haven't told Mum yet - she is still asleep - I will be back later.

Pat x

laudesan
12-04-2004, 04:03 AM
Morning JJ - Ellen and Lulu

Sad day today am afraid - just had a phone call to inform me that my Mum's cousin has passed away - her brother found her last night - haven't told Mum yet - she is still asleep - I will be back later.

Pat x

Hugs to your Mum and you Pat. and my condolences to the family.. http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Dec-2004/22284-grouphug.gif

painterbear
12-04-2004, 06:25 AM
Good Morning all,

It is 6:20 a.m. here in Oakwood and the morning star (Venus) is shining brightly outside my window just above my neighbor's rooftop.

Today is a special day for me. My DS Kent came into this world 35 years ago today. He is working today so we will drive down to Kentucky to visit and wish him Happy Birthday tomorrow.

JJ, That is a funny story, it made me laugh outloud when I got to the last line. You are naughty, lady. :D

I did get e-mail notices this morning so I guess going in and reclicking all my Option settings worked. Thanks for the suggestion.

Pat, Sorry to hear about your family's loss. Extend our condolences to your Mum. :(

Hope all in the Recovery Room are getting better.

Take care, see you later,

Sylvia

Johnnie
12-04-2004, 06:34 AM
Hi all

Well first night in a while I havent been able to sleep was up at 4:30.. Grandkids visiting here last night today and tomorrow. Going to help decorate the tree...Should be fun :wink2: They great kids..

Suppose to rain/snow here later today/tomorrow... Bummer for sure..

Not much new here. Same old boring stuff..

Have a good day all.

Johnnie

Uschi
12-04-2004, 07:05 AM
Good Morning everyone!!! Too dark to see what is happening weather wise.

Have to tell you about my fun experience yesterday. About 20 years ago I had a stand at the local market selling pine cone wreaths that I made, and had to get a business name registered which was a terrible job including having to go to Toronto to pick it up and took about 6 weeks.

So, yesterday I phoned the bank to find out how I could get a merchant's Visa account. She told me it was fairly easy but I have to be a registered business. Remembering the experience from 20 years ago :eek: :rolleyes: , I found out where to go (had changed) and went there, not having a business name in mind, to get an application form which I was going to fill out at home.

Well, all you do is sit for 20 minutes at their computer, fill out all the necessary things on it, including credit card number for $ 60 payment, then press enter and the business license is printed out instantly!!!!!!!!!!!! I was absolutely chuffed!!!! Since I hadn't thought of a name before, and I needed one right there, I called it the obvious "Ursula's Watercolour Art" :rolleyes: :D .

JJ, cute story!!!

Johnnie, how wonderful that you can sleep through the night!!! Nothing new here either, well except my little business venture. I guess you won't be visiting until after winter.

Hi Ellen and Lulu!!

Pat, sorry about your mom's cousin.

Sylvia, thanks for explaining about the absence of roof photos

Going to Ethan's birthday party today. He won't actually be two until the 16th, but he doesn't know the difference - yet.

Sending white light to all our friends in the recovery room and wishing everyone a good weekend and :wave: greetings!
Uschi

JustjoGA
12-04-2004, 08:37 AM
Not to throw a wet blanket on the lovely day in the Wash,
but I have a prayer request to ask of you, as my friends.
I have been ill with bronchitis and laryngitis for 3 weeks.
No, I haven't been to a doctor; i have no medical ins coverage.
I am doing everything I can to get it to let up... but I felt
the need to ask for your support this morning...

Thanks, Jo in Georgia

Little Old Lady
12-04-2004, 09:00 AM
Greetings :wave:
Special thoughts for Jo and Pat's family.
Re my newsletter saga: Pres emailed me asking me to stay and her compliment was that I had been "dependable and timely". :confused:
Have an all day long range planning retreat at our fellowship today. I have a nagging back ache so not sure how long I can last.
Have a good whatever!
JoAnn

Lia-Chan
12-04-2004, 09:00 AM
Hey , do you remember me ? I haven't been posting for several months ... Well, i have tons of work to do , and the universities are giving me a real hard time :) Now i'm on a house project , and finishing a paper about tuberculosis... I haven't painted anything really interesting these times , but i'm trying to improve my drawing skills... I made a quite beautiful portrait of grace kelly and i'll put it here after i upload it :)

Hey , i got a new digital camera ! Now i can take pictures of the mango tree in front of my home :)

:wave: :wave: :wave:

painterbear
12-04-2004, 10:00 AM
Hi again,

Jo, so sorry to hear you have been sick with bronchitus and laryngitus for so long. Are you sure it hasn't turned into bronchial pneumonia? Please take care of yourself and we'll put you in the special wing for extra bright light and vibes.

JJ, I spoke too soon. I woke up to find five e-mail notices so I thought the problem was fixed, but, when I opened my computer just now I had one notice and yet there have been lots of answers to the various threads I'm subscribed to. Put a question in the Site Discussion forum to see if I'm a Long Ranger or if others are having the same problem.

Uschi, Sounds like a good name for your little business venture to me. Good luck with the sales, although I don't think you'll need luck, your prints are beautiful.

Weaving to Johnnie, JoAnn (little bit of white light for your aching back too), and Lia-Chan.

SYL,

Sylvia

Cathie Jones
12-04-2004, 10:01 AM
Good morning Washerbuddies! It's cold and early in SoCal - actually, it's probably pretty warm in L.A., but in my desert it's 24F (-4C) now.

(((Jo))) sorry to hear you're not feeling well. And ((((Jackie)))) that foot stuff sounds painful, hope it's better soon.

Pat - special hugs to SWMBO.

JJ, wonderful starting post - thank you!

BBL . . . time for a cuppa . . . XOXOXOXO
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Dec-2004/23460-smiley_blow_a_kiss.gif

Faafil
12-04-2004, 10:22 AM
G'day all :wave:

Just thought I'd pop in and let you know I'm still alive and kicking :D One more trip to AZ next week - we close on the duplex on Wednesday. We've been so busy at home and at work, that all I want to do is curl up in front of the fireplace and chill... no rest for the wicked I guess eh? :evil:

Went to the HB Art League meeting the other night - but didn't see Dave there this time. They had a pastel portrait artist as demonstrator, and I got an honorable mention in the drawing category for my Chrysler Imperial roses :cool: :D The Guest Demonstrator for the March meeting is Milford Zornes!!! Have to get there EARLY for that meeting to get a good seat!

Pat, my condolences to your family.

Well, it's going on 7:30 - I need to get my rear in gear - lots of chores to get done today... and maybe have a chance to paint tomorrow... :)

Sending white light, healing vibes and 11 double hugs to all...

ML

Almost forgot !! - for those of you who met my friend Joyce (Barron) - she's showing 19 works at the San Mateo City Hall for the month of December, and also has 2 pieces at the Academy of Arts in San Francisco during the month of December :D :clap: :cool:

Nacre
12-04-2004, 10:37 AM
Good Morning fore and afts , just zipping in to give prayers and hugs to Jackie, Pat and SWMBO, Barb ,Jo and anyone else I have mised .Oh and Kev of course.
Take care all , be happy, be healthy

artmom
12-04-2004, 11:02 AM
:wave:

(((JoAnn))) you never slow down! Hope your back gets better!

Condolences and hugs, Pat and family.

Jo, please don't let that bronchitis get out of hand!

Barb, Jackie, Kev, get well soon!

Where's Henry? (Flattwo)

May your today be better than your yesterday!

Lyn

Printmakerguy
12-04-2004, 02:08 PM
Thought I would drop in and introduce myself, Since I have started posting in the watercolor forum...

I am a part-time artist, working out of Tarpon Springs, Florida. My primary interest in art is Printmaking, and I am a guide over in the Printmaking forum here at W.C.

My latest experiments have been in Watercolors. I was attracted to them initially by the Impressionist watercolors, and then started lurking around the forum here at WetCanvas. There are some INCREDIBLE artists here- and some beautiful works of art. I just had to give it a try.

I work as an officer on Petrochemical tankers, and as such spend 6 months or so on board a ship. I do a lot of printmaking work while on board, but wanted to try something new, so on my way to the ship this time around, I bought some basic watercolor supplies and a book- And gave it a shot. I have posted a few of my early attempts in the Gallery.

I look forward to participating here- It looks like an active, lively forum. Already, I have recieved some GREAT feedback on my work, and know that it will really help me to improve. Unfortunatly, I am not able to check in on any kind of a regular schedule when I am on the ship, just whenever we happen to be in port, but I will try to stop in and say HI when I get a chance, and post my latest works... Of course, when I am off the ship, it is a different story- You will probably get tired of all my questions!

-Andrew

CharM
12-04-2004, 02:23 PM
Hiya Washers!!! That darn wind is up again!!! Blow you away, it will...

DH and I got up at the crack of dawn and dashed to town to get some Christmas shopping done... we even had a plan, knowing what stores were open at certain times... We made a huge dent in our list... :D

I found some VERY reasonably price 13 x 19 inch matte photo paper on which to print my reproductions... I've tried printing on regular wc paper and it's a no go... after wasting 1/2 dozen sheets, I did some reading up on the problem on the Internet... apparently the archival pigment inks work best on treated paper... I FINALLY have a couple printed that really look good!!! It's exciting... :D I've ordered some Arches Infinity, which is coated wc paper, but the stuff is really expensive and I certainly don't want to *practice* on it!

I still haven't started Magoo's painting for his Christmas gift... duh...

Sending white light to Jo... you're definitely in my prayers...

Pat, sending my condolences to you and your Mum... I'm so sorry for your loss...

Keeping Barb, Kev, Arnold and Jackie in my prayers, too...

JJ... your incorrigible!!! :D

:wave: Ellen and Lulu...

Hi Syl... Can you remember it just like it was yesterday??? Sometimes, I'll hear a baby crying while I'm out and I'll think "what's wrong with Butch (Army son's nickname)? Or Pumpkin (West coast son's nickname)????" And then I'll realize that they're grown and gone... duh... this all happens in a split second, but it takes me aback... Or a small child will holler "Mom" and I'll say (yes, right out loud!!! ...and it's actually embarrassing) "WHAT!!"... LOL Anyway... wishing your son a very happy birthday!!!

Congratulations to Ursula's Watercolour Art... :D May your business thrive!!! (I need to do this...)

Sorry that you were up so early, Johnnie! I don't need to tell you to have fun with the grandkids... :D :envy:

So... did you hold your ground, JoAnn??? I'm sorry to read about your back... offering a gentle hug...

Hi Lia!

Hi Mary Lou... congrats on the Honourable Mention! Special congratulations to Joyce... she's sooooo talented!

:wave: Cathie, Auntie P and Lyn!

Welcome to the Wash, Andrew!!!

I need to finish printing my Christmas Cards... and then get them addressed so DH can mail them for me on Monday...

Tonight is the reception for "Eye for Art"... wish me luck...

artmom
12-04-2004, 02:28 PM
Forgot to say "Welcome, Newbies!" :wave:

If anyone would like to see a work by Flattwo and one by Marvin that I have had framed, check this out--
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2968138#post2968138

Oh, and there's one by me, too! :evil: :D

Lyn

jaytee
12-04-2004, 02:30 PM
HI friends..

Big welcome to the madhouse Andrew :D Special :wave: to our busy student Lia-Chan........ white light to all the 'Sickies' especially Jackie ......

and of course Jo........... doubling up on it for you and fast.........isnt there any emergency treatment for folk without insurance? ........ dont leave it so long next time to ask for our prayers and white light.......... the sooner we start the sooner they help :wink2:

(((Pat + SWBMO + family)))

Life in Ebay cottage has been dull but not dull. which Is why Ive been here but not been here if you get me!!!

Yesterday I opened a new bank account in Kington.... was having a jolly time laughing with the person doing the biz ( who it turns out is soon leaving to be better paid at the solicitors next door)....... so much so that her colleague popped in to find out what he was missing :D Turned out hes leaving too !!!

Then I was, naturally, asked for a sample signature....... did the one with my initials J L Thomas then though Id better give them the other one I use ie Janet Thomas...... so I signed.... but made the mistake of thinking what I was doing..... and it looked wrong.....

No wonder.......Id put Janet Tomas.........so I tried again......... and again... by the fourth try I was giggling so much it ended as a squiggle.....I offered to sign the mistakes as mistakes...... but thy thought Id done enough damage !!!!they didnt seem phased at all...... the advantage of living here where everyone is a bit [or a lot] eccentric :D

Thursday I was quietly digging and about to come in and shower before going to a housewarming when a couple who I regularly chat to called in the back gate to ask if Id lost a dog !!! Said that a small terrier called Ginger had been running about in the road trying to get back through the closed kissing gate..... and had been picked up by a young canadian woman in her car for safety who was going to ring the telephone no. on the tag.......she did..... and returned with a contrite Ginger snuggled upto her toddler in the back seat !!! Yesterday I discovered Houdinettti has been seen way down the road into town ..... little monster...... frightened the life out of me.... and her, I think, as she's been very quiet since !!! Now she doesnt get to go in the garden, even when Im there, without a lead........... i think she may have dug under the wire !!!!!

Ive also assembled a bookcase.... 2 more to go ..... and big moves around so the builders can lift some heavy furniture into place for me next week .... then the living room will be almost finis...... just 2 rugs to come :D The last one didnt blend so Heather bought it for a wall hanging..... shes got the bug too and we sit here on a Thursday night bidding like we were gambling :D

next lot of bids ar on art books...... reminds me ....... one due soon . .....so white light and extra hugs all round

will someone please donate and extra month before the end of the year.... or everyone stop painting till xmas so I can catch up in the gallery :D :evil: :evil:

ScarletLake
12-04-2004, 02:31 PM
HI All

Just popping in here to catch up with everyone.

((HUGS TO ALL WHO ARE ILL & HURTING)

To be honest I haven't had the heart to post this week. Had a great Thanksgiving & then on last Sat right in the middle of me trying to paint my sons room got a call my dad was sick. Turns out it was a dental problem. Got him on antibiotic/pain meds & thought we were OK till Monday. Then Sun morning got a call my stepmom was ill. to the hospital we go & she had to be admitted. Chronic problems that are not going to get better. I ended up missing Mon & Tue at work so I could help with my dad. They are both on the mend now.

In fact I'm feeling guilty that I am feeling blue. The brain says - everyone is OK. Your immediate family is fine, we have a roof over our heads, food to eat. But my heart is just blue. I'm just so sorry that I took this job. I don't enjoy working on this military base at all. Can't wait to get it resolved. I will stick with it until I can find another one.

OK - to bring myself up last night I went to the Hotel Galley last night. Had an exhibit of a local watercolor artist. HE is WONDERFUL. I got to talk to him & found out that I used to live on the street right in front of him but did not know it. I wasn't into watercolor then anyway.

Things like that really inspire me.

Also watched ice skating on TV last night. I used to love to ice skate. Haven't done it in years.

Well got to go- housework calls.

Anita

Faafil
12-04-2004, 06:03 PM
Holy Moly - I just found the post that Scott is leaving WC! and Kerri is taking over....boyoboy, just goes to show if you don't check in for a few days, you miss out on a lot !!!

Scott - if you browse these forums - Thank you from the bottom of my heart for WetCanvas! The friendships I've made here are very precious indeed... Wishing the best of everything for you...

Kerri - Welcome!! I look forward to knowing you....

Also, found this neat site I thought I'd share:Pigments Through the Ages (http://webexhibits.org/pigments/)

K12144
12-04-2004, 08:14 PM
My, so much going on lately!

Last night bf and I went to an Art Department party at one of the teachers' houses--we're not really art people and didn't know most of the people there, but we were in one painting class of his and bf often helps his wife (who is also artsy) with computer stuff so they invited us. It was fun and of course the food was good--only downside was when one woman who I'd never seen before and still don't know her name got on bf and I for not wanting kids, but luckily that conversation was short-lived. Got to show his wife some of our paintings and she showed us their Christmas card--they make their own every year, some with woodcuts, some with silkscreening, some with etching--and they were really neat.

I got to bed around 3 last night and woke up about 3:15 this afternoon--all that sleep felt really good and my semi-nocturnal biological clock is happy! Only downside was that around 1:30 last night bf and I discovered that the water was off in half the buildings on campus, inc. our two dorms--my RA and I discovered that the toilets wouldn't flush, then that the sinks wouldn't run, so bf and I went to his dorm and it was the same (but the third dorm was fine). Got to one of the academic buildings so I could wash my hands and there was only a trickle of what was left in the pipes. Must've been the city messing with something with the pipes, but no one was very happy with it--luckily the water came back an hour or so later.

My throat's been annoyed lately (my voice was almost gone by the time I went to bed last night), but I've been faithfully taking my decongestants so I'm not so stuffed up at least. What fun.

Pat--sorry to hear about your mom's cousin. How is your mom doing?

Jo--hope you are taking care of yourself and manage to get to a doctor soon.

Anita-- hope everything starts going better for you soon!

:) My post-writing was just interrupted by the sound of my friend caroling in the hall. I almost took my violin out there to give her some bad accompaniment. :)

Europa
12-04-2004, 08:45 PM
Hi Washgangeroos

Just on my way to bed - made a quickie phone call to Lyn (Art mom) who very kindly put up with my ramblings......lol.....yes have been out tonight for a celebration of friends MBE so the lager has had it effects.

Thank you for your kind words on our loss - Mum is doing ok - the most upsetting thing was that her cousins brother found her after a neighbour had rung to say she couldn't get an answer in the house. Seems he found her on the toilet but am not sure how long she had been there :(

You know how it is - you have relatives you don't see that often and keep thinking ' I must go and see such and such' then before you know it it is too late. Our Jamie has been quite pensive tonight - she was one of his favourite aunties - he used to go and stay with her for the weekend when he was very young and remembered the good times.

We both got rather philosophical tonight at my friends party and had a quite productive bonding moment between us- then again we were sat on our own as we didnt know anyone there so we had no choice but to talk to each other.....LOL.

Well my friends - I must take myself off to my bed as am getting a bit maudling sat here on my own as is my usual thing when I have had a little drink or ten :p - so I won't bore you with it all....lol......will catch you all later - sending white light to those who need it and of course lots of love and hugs to everyone.

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Love and hugs

Pat xxx

Nacre
12-04-2004, 11:14 PM
Pat ..( Big hugs )

laudesan
12-04-2004, 11:34 PM
Hello from me.. :) Sunday 2.30pm here.

I have been having fun for the last couple of hours in video conferenece with Barb, Ron, Marvin and Gail.. :D Gotta love MSN..

It is raining here yipeeeeeee.. Not too light not too hard, hope it keeps up for the rest of the day and evening, it is needed..

I am going to make my lunch now, and I will be back to read the wash :)

Huggles everyone and healing lights to all who need them.

laudesan
12-05-2004, 12:20 AM
Yumm just made a kabab for lunch. so healthy and sooooooooo delicious..:)

JoAnn .. Sorry to read about your back hope is better today, and are you going to do the newsletter again, or you have definitely had enough??

Li Chan .. Hi there .....I remember you :) Good to see you again. You have been busy, good on you. Have you seen the 101 drawing group here??
Looking forward to seeing your portrait after I had read the wash..

Sylvia.. :( Did you get the email thing sorted..?

Mary Lou hi there to you too. Congratulations on you honerable mention..

I am definitely going to spend January finding out what art groups are avaible to me in my area too.. Need to spread my wings.. :D

Andrew ....welcome to the Daily Wash.. Our own "Old Navy" used to be in the navy, so maybe you and Ron have something in common.

There wouldn't be much room to paint I suppose, but we are enjoying your postings, and hope to see many more.
Would be very interesting doing print making on boeard too. I guess seeing as you are an officer your cabin is a couple of inches or so bigger than the mates....

Uschi did I say Congratulations to you for your business venture.. Perfect name..:)

Char. gee, I would have thought such an expensive printer could print on anyhting. But then what do i know. Glad you are getting on top of it tho'.
Woo-hoo 13x19, they will look perfectly excellent!!

I know what you mean about some child calling out to his Mother or crying, it still happen to me to sometimes. Tho' I think it is Reece.. :D seeing as I had him for 3 years..;)

How did the reception go for the "Eye For Art" ?? HOW DID YOU GO??????????????

Aaaaw ((((((((((PAT))))))))))

Well rain has slowed to a drizzle unfortunately.

I am going to paint now..:)