PDA

View Full Version : Under sea life. Tubular

Paul Katherman
12-03-2004, 09:30 PM
I Finally made some marbles that I wanted to. I came up with an idea these but was not sure how they would turn out. This is what happened.I think it kind of looks like some kind of tropical plant, but I don't know my plants.

This is the first.

Paul Katherman
12-03-2004, 09:33 PM
This is the second. The first one worked better. I am going to go really big like 2.5 inches and see what happens.

sadiesmom
12-03-2004, 10:45 PM
Hi Paul ~

The first one reminds me of an Anemone. The second one looks like Octopus tentacles. They are both GORGEOUS!!

Denise

Amozoo
12-03-2004, 10:52 PM
Paul, they are beautiful. I love marbles. Is that green amber purple in the first one or what is that color? Blue exotic? do tell.

AVCKimberly
12-03-2004, 10:53 PM
Both are beautiful! Different versions of sea life are my favorite beads!

Paul Katherman
12-03-2004, 11:15 PM
Thanks Denise. I think your right an Anemone and Octopus tentacles.

Thanks Amoret. I used Blue Moon from NS. It is one of my favorite colors.

Thank you also Kimberly, or is it AVC? Sea life is so great. Unimaginable beauty.

PolychromeBeads
12-04-2004, 02:33 AM
Paul - are you going to put those up on eBay? If not, you should...no wait -- you should sell them to me!!!

Seriously, I would definitely be interested in one. My husband Guy collects marbles, and I'd love to get him one like that for Christmas (if I can afford it!).

Aimee
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Jan-2004/18777-jet.jpg

AlaskaBarb
12-04-2004, 09:01 AM
The fourth picture of the first marble looks like moonsrise on an alien planet. Love it.

Mr.Smiley
12-04-2004, 09:03 AM
Nice job Paul. I love how the clear rod makes tubes when you push hard. Kind of a reverse shroom. The color thins way out and lets you peak down inside... beautiful every time! I was thinking about coating with frit underneath and trying to give some interesting effects inside the tube. I was just gonna do one larger center rod push though. Feel free to try it. It may be a month before I get to it and I will have forgotten about it again. Great stuff as always!!! :wave:

Say, when are you doing that class???

Paul Katherman
12-04-2004, 10:32 AM
Aimee, thanks and yes the first is already on the bay. The other will go on tonight. I love your rainbow bead set.

Barb, thank you also. I love your work. It is so true to life.

Brent, I already did use frit with this tech. I gave those to the kids. They have been bugging me for more marbles. They are getting a big collection of them. If I can round them up I will post some picks. I also mixed some glow powder with frit and did this. It still looks ugly with the glow powder. It does glow cool though.

The marble class with Chris Rice is next weekend. It is still full but he is teaching a lot next spring and summer. Another class by here and one in kentucky. I am getting some color donated to us from Prism color and there will be some colors that no one has ever seen. I will post picks after the class of what I learned.

Thanks again everyone. :wave:

glassfreek
12-04-2004, 12:04 PM
Paul, those are awesome! VERY nice..like little worlds you can get lost in....love em! Deb

Paul Katherman
12-04-2004, 12:05 PM
Paul, those are awesome! VERY nice..like little worlds you can get lost in....love em! Deb

Thanks Deb :wave:

Daphne of Dilluvian
12-04-2004, 04:10 PM
Absolutely mesmerizing!