PDA

View Full Version : 3 Phaces - Steve 1983, Macsck, and The Visionary

Gar
12-03-2004, 01:06 PM
"Steve 1983" - was something i started in the late 80's in ceramics class. it's actually the 2nd oldest piece of art of my making that i have. Of Course i spruced up the ceramics with some sun glasses and pubic nasal hair. This piece had fallen off of the wall and broke several years ago. I'm celebrating it's recent reformation. Tis about 1 ft tall with the frame.

"Macsck" - What can i say?... umm, painted bone, painted basket, tape, tree bark, twine. -and the spirit "inside". Tis about 16 inches tall.

"The Visionary" - This a piece that has lingered in and out of my consciousness as well as my fingers over the years. It's means a great deal to me. I enjoy gazing at it. it seems to "gaze" back a bit.
Materials: Wood, polyeurothane, light bulb parts, plumbing parts, a peephole, a coiled wire, a metal nut, plastic, a medal, fake teeth. Tis about 17.5 inches tall

All comments welcome...

Gar
12-03-2004, 01:11 PM
Details for "The Visionary":

ThurmanHubbard
12-03-2004, 05:25 PM
Those are great, Gar. I think my favorite is Macsck, but The Visionary is really cool too. I've been collecting "stuff" off the construction sites I visit during the day, for several years now, but can't seem to find a way to put the stuff together. Do you have a favorite glue you use?

lizzy
12-03-2004, 07:49 PM
hehe steve is awesome, very 80's put a member's only jacket under it and there you go

i really like macsk alot too

Smileawhyl
12-03-2004, 07:53 PM
Masck and the Visionary really speak to me. There's nothing but excellence going on here.

Dahzl
12-04-2004, 04:19 AM
Excellent Gar !

I think I tend to lean more towards 'The Visionary' at this point [ great set of choppers by the way :D ] tho I must say that 'Steve' does have a very endearing expression.

Great sculptural work and wonderful use of found objects.

Cheers Dahzl :D

wiscojaydub
12-04-2004, 10:01 AM
gar..great looking pieces..you must of had a lot of fun making those :rolleyes: ..of course!!! Steve has an attitude problem caused by profuse growth of pubic nasal hair..he's probably tired of people coming up to him and saying " Hello i love you..won't you tell me your name!" :) jaydub :wave:

Tamana
12-04-2004, 06:45 PM
Nothing like sunglasses and pubic nasal hair to spruce up an old piece of ceramics!! I'll have to keep that in mind the next time I'm in a second hand store and see some...."hmmmm...I wonder how that would look with...." ;)

I'm curious about the "spirit inside" but fully relate to the "what can I say?" aspect. Well put together there. Like conformed pieces of a puzzle from the four corners of the earth.

Where do you get these false teeth?! Lovely piece of work, Gar. It definitely sees what can be.

Appreciate you sharing with us always.

Gar
12-05-2004, 02:11 PM
cablehunter - Thanx man. Try using polyeurothane, Liquid nails, or gorillla glue. Liquid nails for a caulking gun is great for the price. (*You don't want to get much polyeurothane on yer skin.)

lizzy - haha.. members only would be a great addition to the piece. Though if i had a members only jacket, i'd prolly want to wear it myself. maybe with some real ugly pants.:cool:

Smileawhyl - Spread Love. :wink2:

Dahzl - "The Visionary" and his "teef" appreciate you looking very much. I don't think "Steve 1983" likes anybody all that much though. He's a grouch. :D

wiscojaydub - I think you may actually know Steve 1983.:)

Tamana - You could almost glue sunglasses and pubic hair to anything and make it look cooler. :wink2: I don't know what the "spirit inside" means either. Not sure why i wrote it.? I guess when i look around at things, especially things with eyes, they all seemed to be "possessed" or inhabited by some intangible force or presense. There's an energy in the mere sight of "a thing". Beyond that.. what's behind a person's eyes which sight goes through? Does everything see everything? ..Don't get me started, i'll blab myself into infinite. :) Be well girl.

Happy Sunday to all - Gar

MountainSong
12-05-2004, 03:52 PM
Hey Gar! Little late here. The third one is my Fav - really like the polished wood and his nose is just great! You're one creative dude. :D