http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-03-2004/18021_Overing_.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-03-2004/18021_Done.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: The Overing
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Oil
Surface: Paper
Dimension: Then
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:

Wayne Gaudon
12-03-2004, 09:54 AM
memory jags ..
first I saw some slaming on a guitar, then two people choking the crap out of each other, and then the final image of two people walking away in a tender embrace of arm over sholder .. interesting flashes from one piece. interesting play of color

earthbot1
12-03-2004, 10:05 AM
Organic and full of warmth. The color and texture works well. Liking these new ones.

Esmeralinda
12-03-2004, 10:12 AM
Hi Tamana,

Great creativity ! To follow Wayne's lead; I first saw two people face to face holding each others shoulder, then two people walking away in an embrace.

I really enjoy looking for a long time into your paintings. So much imagination, you have !

Linda :wave:

haaf
12-03-2004, 11:35 AM
Tam
Interesting new paths , with this technique lots is opening up, good discoveries.
Blue/orange and purple/yellows....what can go wrong.
In this painting the spine of the figure on the left is somewhat getting too much attention.
Caroline;)

Dhuot
12-03-2004, 12:34 PM
Tam
Blue/orange and purple/yellows....what can go wrong.

Caroline;)

Yeah...Orange...wooooooooooooooooooooooooo

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:D

What ??? some likes orange....

Artistanne
12-04-2004, 09:34 AM
birch tree bark--i see that in the forms in this one and also in your other new one, it's lovely, also see 2 figures walking away

love the blues and oranges and the application of the paint

Gilberte
12-04-2004, 02:51 PM
Critique my dear that's what I'm up to ... the belly sticks to the outside NOT the inside (just checked out mine...)
Arrivederci !

dornberg
12-04-2004, 10:57 PM
the color relation is attractive

Tamana
12-04-2004, 11:02 PM
Wayne; Well, they say you can have acid flashbacks for up to 20 years, don't they? ;) :p Thank you for the kind words. Much appreciated. :)

Asimo; Dead on the money (regarding what I was trying to portray), "full of warmth". Thank you for feeling that and for liking these insane pieces ( I swear that's what I feel like doing them sometimes. Nothing seems to make sense but something always comes out of it. The butterfly effect...

Thanks again and always for your support and encouragement. :)

Linda; Thank you for your wonderful words again. I'm so glad to know that people spend time just looking at my paintings. I don't know why that comment just mean so much...it's just as profound to me as reading it on my other post. It just touches my heart. Thank you again. :)

Caroline; You're right about the opening up part. QUITE overwhelming sometimes and almost like you're killing yourself to keep up (if you know what I mean...). The spine is noted and corrected as we speak. Thank you for being honest. I appreciate it.

Daniel; Glad you liked the orange. :)

Anne; Thank you again for your continued support and encouragement. Really see the bark in this one. Thanks for noticing the application. I appreciate the look and words much.

Madame; Uncertain what you're referring to...so not certain what to look at. Could you be a bit more specific? Thank you for being honest, I appreciate it -- I'm just not certain what you're referring to!!

Bob; We crossed. 'Thank you so much for that comment. Very appreciated.

Thanks again, everyone. :)
~