PDA

View Full Version : MONTHLY Classroom......................

laudesan
12-03-2004, 08:36 AM
Acrylics Classroom, December 2004 - Painting Water

This is from the Acrylics Forum (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232976)..

What a great idea.!!

Maybe our Guides could set up something like this for us??

With so many "Newbies" and so many "Oldies" in need of refreshing, a monthly classroom would be the perfect answer!!

Yes?????????

Pars
12-03-2004, 08:58 AM
This is a wonderful idea, JJ. Right now I'm going through a learning leap as they say and putting it all together would be terrific.

Any ideas on how to make this happen?

CharM
12-03-2004, 09:26 AM
JJ... this is a brilliant idea... and, perhaps, a Monthly Classroom will augment the WC Handbook... I'll post a poll, listing some suggested topics for discussion...

Nacre
12-03-2004, 09:28 AM
Hi JJ :) This is a good idea, One can always learn something new and this would help motivate those in a slump. Will watch to see the responses.

Johnnie
12-03-2004, 09:39 AM
Hi Judy

I believe that was already tried here JJ. As a matter a fact you were one of the last teachers if I recall right.

You all were doing the lessons of some artist, forget name. I think there was only about 5 or 6 lessons that everyone was taking turns doing as the moderator for the lesson then it seemed to peter out if I recall right.

Was a good idea back then too but it seemed to die after a while due to lack of interest.

They also did a similar thing in the OILS forum on a teaching lesson book by Sovek. I was a part of that in the beginning but couldnt keep up.. It slowly died from about 30 or so WC members to if I recall properly 3 or 5 I think..

So sounds great but they dont seem to last too long after a while.

You were one of the Teacher/Moderators in the one that was on here...

Why dont you start it.???

Johnnie

Yorky
12-03-2004, 10:53 AM
Sounds like a good idea, Judy, but there are so many tutorials available on wc! and on the web in general.

Are you thinking of a "Wipalong" type of hread?

Doug

laudesan
12-03-2004, 09:33 PM
Thanks CHAR..........Poll is an excellent idea.

We can't have too many wips, and there haven't been too many lately.

The handbook needs a push..

Doug the wipalongs are good, but as Johnnie says they die out. Unless one of our more prestegious member does one of course..;)

I don't think we should go outside WC for our lessons or wipalongs that was NOT a good idea..

I was thinking these monthly classrooms would be started by a guide, and everyone joins in if the wish.

I think there would be more interest now as we have a HEAP of new members ..

taghera
12-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Maybe our Guides could set up something like this for us??

You are jesting of course Judy Joy....guides doing something????.... :D :D :D :D :D :D

laudesan
12-04-2004, 09:30 PM
You are jesting of course Judy Joy....guides doing something????.... :D :D :D :D :D :D
Now ..now tag...... Be nice.. ;)

Go see the Poll!! :D