PDA

View Full Version : Been a while, I finally have some beads to show

StefaniBeads
12-03-2004, 04:36 AM
I only managed to make three new sets last week, and the rest are some I've had laying around waiting for ebay. So if I don't have any interruptions, whatever that may be, I just might be able to put them up Friday night. Kinda got to, lol! :wink2:

Man, this is crazy, I have never had a break this long (almost three months) from working in more than 17 years! Not exactly a vacation, but it seems so strange to be home this long. I'd better not get too used to it! :eek: It's so hard for me to get back into the groove with the beadmaking because of my depression (and that monster called anxiety! :rolleyes: ), but I had received some new frits to play with to spark my interest again. I think that will help. :)

I'm hoggin', so here goes.....hehe, and you can tell I miss participating in the S&T! ;) :)

StefaniBeads
12-03-2004, 04:45 AM
Here's a few more, and I had to mention that I'm so happy with my new Photoshop Elements 2 software, I think my pictures are soooo much better! Lori Greenberg's (Beadnerd) tutorial on improving photos made it so easy. I have Paintshop Pro 7, but it would take me forever and a day to fix pics as easily as I can with the Photoshop. :)

Retta Gates
12-03-2004, 04:53 AM
WooHoo, so great to see :D

I love the green ones, and the striped orangey ones. Soo Yummy, your beads are so uniform! Oh, and that last picture of the blue ones, I would love to make a neckalce out of those.

The pictures are nice and clear too!

Take care!

CalmWaterStudio
12-03-2004, 09:35 AM
Great to see you posting again! And, beautiful beads.. as always!!!

MistyCherie
12-03-2004, 09:57 AM
Yum YUm YUM!!! Lisa, they look awesome and I am so glad to see you posting some pics again. As usual, you make me jealous of the consistent shaping you get! My favorite is the pic DSCN4107.JPG. The colors on that are just wonderful and very different!

*squishies*

-M

msritaa
12-03-2004, 10:45 AM
Beautiful beads, Lisa. These make me want to play sick, go home from work, and light up my torch.

Have a great day!

JavaGirlBT
12-03-2004, 10:50 AM
Lisa you make awesome beads. I'm glad you are back.

boheme'
12-03-2004, 11:25 AM
Oh my Lisa - you've been buzy. Lovely beadies. Especially like the pink and purple frit beads.

Deb Cline

glasspat
12-03-2004, 11:50 AM
Awsome, can you explain to a newbie how you did the purpley ones :D

dread
12-03-2004, 12:28 PM
Geez I'm depressed over being overworked and cant find time to torch but boy I wish I could be as enthused as you ! what great beads !!!!!! Every single set is wonderful ! so perfectly sized too. Now I'm really depressed after seeing such great beads !

Stef - those are so great keep it up !

emmadogdesigns
12-03-2004, 05:21 PM
Lisa:

I LOVE those orange beads with the thin stripes...how the heck do you do that? :cool: I'm glad to see you're back. :wave:

You're right, anxiety is a monster...I like to burn it away with my torch! LOL

Alan Cross
12-03-2004, 05:37 PM
Good job I like the middle set in your second post.
Alan :)

CosmicGW
12-03-2004, 06:09 PM
Great beads - I really like the striped orange set!

Becky

StefaniBeads
12-03-2004, 07:53 PM
Thanks to all of you! (blush)

I'm a little miffed that I couldn't get my bulk MAPP refill today, but I found out the driver had an accident! Thank goodness no one was hurt, and the truck was full of all kinds of welding supply tanks! :eek:

Anyway, I have to use propane, ugh.....in our area, it's a little dirty. Well, I'll be making some dark colors this weekend, and no transparents! :(

Here's how I made some of the beads: the purpley ones are either mauve Spectrum, Lauscha opaque purple, or periwinkle albaster, and I used "purple rose" frit on the surface. The lighter (mauve/pink) ones have some of Val's "ruby gold opaque", it's more pink. :)

The stripes I make like this: use a multi-colored twistie to "paint" on your bead. I hope the pic below helps. You just wrap around the middle first, then a wrap on both sides. Smaller beads use three wraps, the bigger ones can have room for you to apply five or more. These wraps don't have to be applied perfectly. I think it's good stringer control practice too! Then melt those in, and there you go! ;) :D

DonnaBee
12-04-2004, 12:12 AM
I'm really happy to see these! Thank you so much for making them and posting them.

Sometimes, the beading keeps us alive. I know all about the depression/anxiety. I know enough to know I admire your strength.

They are all really goodlooking beads/photos.

toozygoot
12-05-2004, 11:35 AM
Lisa - I'm so glad you're back at the torch and making lovelies again! They are all wonderful! It put a grin on my face just to see you posting them!

pat

Lara
12-05-2004, 12:54 PM
Lisa:

So glad you have been able to get back to the torch. I really like your purple set. Of course, anything purple is the best!!
Lara

Daphne of Dilluvian
12-05-2004, 03:44 PM
Those are great. I especially like the first blue set on the first post. I don't think I have ever seen that colour come out in glass before. Beautiful.

Starleens Studio
12-05-2004, 06:25 PM
After just looking at the pictures, I thought wow, the sizes are all so uniform. I admire this. I need to make about 6 or so before I get sized pairs. Your stiped brown orange set were my fav.

OT --It definately seems like we are all under a big time crunch these days... Depression seems to go hand in hand with fatigue for me. Say the heck with everything and REST one day. Burn out happens easily and hits you when your not looking:) -- Starleen

StefaniBeads
12-06-2004, 09:36 AM
Those are great. I especially like the first blue set on the first post. I don't think I have ever seen that colour come out in glass before. Beautiful.

Yes, it's a nice royal blue! It's called 'mountain blue' and I got it from 'michey' or I think her seller name is also 'micheytoo' on ebay. It's in size #0 and I think it's a Reichenbach frit. I like how it seems to tolerate the flame well and doesn't have too much trouble with bubbling and pitting. :)

blyneth
12-07-2004, 04:04 PM
Lisa:

I've only recently been starting to get the glass bug back, and started reading WC again. It's been something like a year I think!

With your story (yup I read it in the Lobby) and this great comeback, you are my new hero.

Since others have named a favorite set, I will say that mine is the very first pic, the green/black set. Great contrast and design!

Thanks SO much for your courage and sharing.

Betsey

StefaniBeads
12-07-2004, 07:06 PM
Lisa:

I've only recently been starting to get the glass bug back, and started reading WC again. It's been something like a year I think!

With your story (yup I read it in the Lobby) and this great comeback, you are my new hero.

Since others have named a favorite set, I will say that mine is the very first pic, the green/black set. Great contrast and design!

Thanks SO much for your courage and sharing.

Betsey

(*blush* and a few tears too :o )

Thank you, that makes me feel SO good, and it's really hard to keep a smile on my face for long these days. But when I read the kind words that so many have written, it gives me the strength to keep fighting and get peace back in my world again. :)

Cyndilee
12-07-2004, 10:42 PM
They're beautiful Lisa, I especially like the orange ones! It looks like you're in the beadmaking groove to me!

Cyndi

zim
12-07-2004, 11:42 PM
Wow- beautiful colors in your beads Lisa. Welcome back, glad to see your work again. (and happy birthday!) :wave:

~Donna