PDA

View Full Version : Poinsettia

JulieBoyles
12-02-2004, 02:27 PM
Hi everyone! :wave:

This is my latest project. The reference I took myself Sunday evening and I just finished it last night. The really cool thing about this is that I saved the scripts as I went along and converted to movie files. I have a friend that is going to put them into a power point presentation and it will be shown on the projector screen at my church this Christmas season. :D I'm pretty excited about this as I've been wanting to do something like this for a while. I'm planning one more before Christmas (an close up portrait of a baby) and hopefully one a month from now on.

The file size is very small which proved to be difficult to get the detail that I usually like to get. But it was necessary so the movies could run smoothly.

Let me know what you think of this. This monitor I'm using is stinky so it looks terrible to me, but on my art computer it looked ok.

Thanks for looking!

Julie

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Dec-2004/21314-PoinsettaFinalPost.jpg

peoplepainter
12-02-2004, 06:24 PM
AWESOME!!! How did the script turn out? What a great idea for church too. They are going to love this. It's so festive I could sing.
Fa la la la la la la la la. Deck the halls...

Great job! Clappies for you.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lisa

Ceu
12-02-2004, 11:09 PM
Just gorgeous, beautiful red tones.
Ceu

JCoop
12-04-2004, 06:53 PM
Julie, you never cease to amaze me! You boldly go where no digital artist has gone before. I can't tell you how impressed I am with your love of art, and your artwork. I'll be watching your star.

laudesan
12-05-2004, 01:50 AM
Oh my this is just beautiful..

Do we get to see the movie too?????

Jet
12-07-2004, 01:41 AM
Julie,

That's a yummy flower...

These Mexican flowers are going to be proud of your rendition...

Congrats :wave:

Destineo
12-07-2004, 05:26 AM
What more can I say than what has already been said. Very nice indeed ... I can imagine a painting like this hanging somewhere around my home :)

Congrats :clap:

JulieBoyles
12-07-2004, 10:10 AM
Hi there, I'm glad you guys liked this one. :D
Lisa, they are going to show it this Sunday so I'll let you know how it goes! I need to get started on the next one today!

Thank you Ceu (good to see you again!) and Destineo and Jet(good to see you again too)! Red is my favorite color to paint with! Sooooo many shades!

Laudesan, I wish I could show you all the movie, but I think it's too big, and I have to admit, I don't really know how either :o !

Joel, that is so sweet! You have no idea how much I appreciate all your encouragement! Thank you so much!! :D

Thanks again all!

Julie

Elvira
12-07-2004, 05:36 PM
Julie, the reds are sumptous (hope I spelled that right) red is such a hard colour to work with and you have done it masterfully! :clap: :clap: :clap: Edie

SaraD
12-07-2004, 05:54 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:
I would even consider going to church just to see the how the presentation turned out :wink2: