PDA

View Full Version : Impressioni di PortoFino

LisaArt
12-02-2004, 01:41 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-02-2004/40382_PortoFinoWC.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-02-2004/40382_Closeup.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Impressioni di PortoFino
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 65 x 45 cm
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Well my WIP project is finished. 2nd painting in Acrylics. Took much faster than oil and I enjoyed it! For those of you viewing my WIP thread here is my finished painting. It is basically based on many pictures of our travels there with my revisions and own colour style.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Tried to be looser with this one, but I guess it did not really come out that way too much. I feel however, it is an improvement from my first one done two years ago. Itís Funny how I can be really loose in water colours but freeze up in oils and acrylics. I have noticed that I am improving in my painting and much of it has been practice and support here at WC! A super website, my own virtual art classroom over here in Copenhagen. I would appreciate your comments on the final work. I can use this adivce when I paint another one of this type
Sorry for the picture, it is not showing the contrasts in colours that well.

Opps I mean to put it in the WIP thread...sorry I forgot about that.

Wayne Gaudon
12-02-2004, 01:57 PM
you've wrapped it up quite nicely .. great finish.

artbabe21
12-03-2004, 01:43 AM
well done Lisa!! aren't windows tough? :eek: I saw your wip...lots of time.
I can't get into acrylics after oils at all....and you like it better?

Tamana
12-03-2004, 09:20 AM
You finished!! :clap: I really like the vibrancy of those colors - it's like a jeweled sunrise.

Just keep working with the medium. My first try with oils a year ago was a disaster and I never thought I'd try them again. You'll master in no time.

chelista
12-03-2004, 09:28 AM
Congratulazioni! Viva i colori acrilici!

Esmeralinda
12-03-2004, 09:44 AM
Hi Lisa,

This painting is lovely. I love your style, and your use of colour. Your scenes bring back memories from my past travelling. Lived in Germany (3 years) and South of France (2 years). Wonderful places !

You inspire me. Thank you for sharing.

Linda :wave:

haaf
12-03-2004, 12:04 PM
Well finished Lisa.
Warm
As for a suggestion to loosen up more, just skip the work on canvas for a while, buy big sheets of paper and just go for it, see what emerges and dance away with what you like.
Great weekend
Caroline ;)

Gilberte
12-03-2004, 01:33 PM
Good finish Lisa !
Quite an exceptional rendering of Portofino and to me it has a humorous touch, being the boats ... they look like floating shells. I like that ...

LisaArt
12-04-2004, 05:25 AM
Thanks so much for all your kind comments: Wayne, Cathleen, Yes the windows sure are hard to do ;) I am liking the clean up of acrylics and the drying time is a plus that you can work on your paintings quicker then oil. Took some getting use to. I am going to finish up an oil painting that I have lurking around. Its been a while I havent touched my oils. Anxious to see the comparison.
Tam, Chelista, Linda, Caroline, (a good idea about working on paper) and Gilberte ( :D yeah do they look like floating shells)

jerryW
12-04-2004, 03:01 PM
when I visited wet canvas after a scary dream.
this painting was the one that made me feel the best.

SMViolano
12-05-2004, 02:04 PM
The colors are fantastic- they say warmth and sun!
Wonderful and cheerful painting! GREAT JOB!\

LisaArt
12-06-2004, 06:21 AM
Oh Jerry and Stella, Thanks so much. ;)