PDA

View Full Version : Paypal: Winning Bidder Notification?

kjsspot
11-15-2001, 10:29 AM
Hey ya'll!

I'm just now checking into the seller portion of Paypal. Do ya'll use the Winning Bidder Instant Notification? And do you allow PayPal to insert their logo on your auctions on a daily basis? Are there any drawbacks to doing these things?

Thanks!!

timelady
11-15-2001, 02:32 PM
I don't use the instant notice thingie because I don't expect all my customers to pay with PayPal, just the US ones. So I don't want it to look like that's their only option and prefer to send a personal email. For the buttons I do it myself because I don't put them in my UK only auctions (where I prefer cheques) and personal items auctions.

Tina.

CarlyHardy
11-18-2001, 09:32 PM
I don't use the automatic notification but I do use the automatic logo listing. That puts the logo above the checkout stuff at the bottom.

I like to send my winning bidder an email myself....congratulating them on winning the bid and thanking them for selecting my art. I also tell them my options for payment....and let them know I will be sending them a paypal invoice for their convenience. This way, if they don't use the immediate checkout with Billpoint, they will get an invoice from paypal from me with a personal note...not just a standard form.
carly

pixelscapes
11-23-2001, 05:06 PM
I've heard rumors of buyers complaining when they get the "instant notification" from PayPal, that it feels like spam. I guess I can understand that... it's just another email to toss on the pile when ebay sends their win notice email, checkout crap emails, etc...

-=- Jen

Sumafra
11-24-2001, 08:26 PM
Same here. I use the automatic logo but that's all. I like to send a personal email to my buyers, give them their options, etc. Also, I like to develop a more personal relationship with them. I put them on my mailing list and e-mail list. Not that I will flood them with messages, but maybe once or twice a year, I'll send something, especially at Christmas time. I think your best customers are repeat customers. They like your work and come back for more. That's why I like the personal contact. Besides, sometimes that personal contact is the best part of the deal as I have had wonderful compliments paid me by very happy buyers and I wouldn't give that up for anything. :D

kjsspot
11-27-2001, 01:11 AM
Thank ya'll!! I took your advice and went with no instant notification. =)