PDA

View Full Version : Ab(Normal)Sense

Tamana
12-01-2004, 10:57 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-01-2004/18021_the_wind_from_the_open_window.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-01-2004/18021_AbsenseII.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-01-2004/18021_it_sparkles_white_in_the_moonlight.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Ab(Normal)Sense
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Oil
Surface: Paper
Dimension: (ILL)ogical
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:

dornberg
12-01-2004, 11:39 PM
i like the color relation much

LisaArt
12-02-2004, 04:07 AM
This one is Great Tam, Love the colour relation (ohhh the hot Pinks, my favourites) and the face coming through, nice lips ;)
Very good thing you did splattering the paint, nice application.
How did you do that.a brush splatter?

Artistanne
12-02-2004, 09:32 AM
i love this one...the scratches/splatter are wonderful, colors are some of my favorites...i especially like the deep blue/purple in the upper left

earthbot1
12-02-2004, 09:43 AM
good use of line to hold it together.paint. draw, scrape,paint. draw. splatter...splatter.splatter
the history of the work adds additional interest.

haaf
12-02-2004, 09:46 AM
Tamana
That's a wonderful combo of applying paint to paper.
(in essence that's what painting is... right, just applying a pigment holding substance to a surface ) And so much joy can be derived from that..not to mention all the possible techniques and skills)

A gazing face, so who is absent? The portrayed self or just thinking about somebody missing?
Tears or the remnants of tears visible. The colors work superb together and
looks in this work somewhat more with a purpose.(less found)
Normal? Pretty much.
Caroline ;)

Gilberte
12-02-2004, 02:11 PM
She's an Inca goddess in tears with only a bit of gold left to be shown ...
How many colors surround you when you paint ? :wink2:

Wayne Gaudon
12-02-2004, 02:21 PM
coloring is beautiful .. the left eye being low and wide detracts from the piece as the other components are well placed.

Frida200
12-02-2004, 09:48 PM
Hi Tam,

I like the colors and the splashes... but something about this painting REALLY bothers me... I feel so much sadness and despair when I look at it, but I cannot really say why. And I seem to be the only one who feels that way...
:confused:

Maybe I'm just in a disturbed mood tonight! LOL

Dhuot
12-02-2004, 10:50 PM
Hi Tam,

I like the colors and the splashes... but something about this painting REALLY bothers me... I feel so much sadness and despair when I look at it, but I cannot really say why. And I seem to be the only one who feels that way...
:confused:

Maybe I'm just in a disturbed mood tonight! LOL

Claudia, maybe he's just hungry ????

Tam, he does look a bit ....hum...... :confused:

But it's so nice. Looks like street lights in a big city. NYC ??

Maybe...HEY ! I'm in nyc...! :)

nice....

What ??? SPEAK LOUDER !!! WHAT ?? those horns ....!! WHAT ???

:D :D

Bye bye

wolvenp
12-02-2004, 11:27 PM
I also like the way paint is applied, and the colors, very intriguing. Nothing static-that I also like.
I would say the tear detracts, as it is too obvious a statement.Or, the use of paint is so nice, so sophisticated, and using the tear seems beneath the rest of the ptg. Let the viewer see, or guess at what is going on in the mind of the subject.

pipicacassosso
12-02-2004, 11:36 PM
Monumental use of colors and scratches, Tam.

Tamana
12-03-2004, 07:39 AM
Bob; You liking the color relations is appreciated just as much.

Lisa; Thank you muchly. Yes - a brush.

Anne; Grateful that it worked for you.

Asimo; Thanks for noticing all the little intricacies of it...and the history. :)

Caroline; Appreciate muchly the extended look and saysie. There's no one missing (well...except for Mr. Right, maybe ;) ) - just a fleeting emotion I wanted to desperately try and capture. Think Rilke and you'll understand. :) And, no...actually, you'd be surprised -- this one was the MOST found of all - new opening, new direction...like stumbling across a secret passageway in an ancient castle; dark, scary (I almost trashed this) but full of so much magical mystery one couldn't live with themselves if they didn't at least try even if they could never find their way back again once that door shut behind them. Personally, I hope I never do.

I'm more excited about where I emerge from now. :)

Madame; I can't EVEN believe you said that!! I am in the middle of reading about the Ancient Incas (them and the Aztecs) and studying photos of their mummified royalty. They were always a fascination for me. Now that I look at this piece it could've very well been influenced by a particular piece I was reading and studying....our subconsciousness can be so playful at times. You're amazing, Madame.

All the colors (and then some) of the world, Madame. Absolutely. :)

Frida; You're not disturbed; you would be absolutely right. :) Nothing hurts like betrayal, does it? Thank you for being honest and for feeling it.

Daniel; Glad you enjoyed the colors. Hope you're having fun in NY.

Wayne; Thanks for taking the time to comment and for being honest. I appreciate that. The left eye is the abnormal part. ;)

Wolven; Thank goodness the tears don't last. ;) Thank you for noticing the paintworking and being honest, I appreciate and respect that muchly.

Pipi; It was a monumental emotion. Thanks for looking.

Thanks all for sharing your time, words and encouragement. Means so much.
~